Notifications
Clear all

Derma Rolling For Red Marks!

MemberMember
(@smallville07)

Posted : 03/02/2013 7:27 pm

I have scaring on cheeks but its still red, i guess it hasn't fully healed and uneven skin tone. I've ordered a .5 derma roller and im not sure if its safe to derma roll on red marks left after acne. Any advice?

MemberMember
(@binga)

Posted : 03/02/2013 8:15 pm

get a prescribed retinoid might help.

MemberMember
(@smallville07)

Posted : 03/02/2013 9:29 pm

Done that doesn't work for broken capillaries. Was thinking about doing some V beam but i've done ipl before and got no results after 4 treatments...

MemberMember
(@smallville07)

Posted : 03/04/2013 11:10 pm

bump

MemberMember
(@a-p)

Posted : 03/07/2013 2:33 pm

Derma rolling doesn't do anything but hurt.

What really works is vitamin c powder mixed with pure glycerin as a mask or mix a pinch with your moisturizer. Mandelic acid works great and so does lactic acid. If you can find a toner with those two acids in it you're set.

I've also found jessners peels to be very effective in treating acne, hyperpigmentation and shallow acne scars.

MemberMember
(@smallville07)

Posted : 03/07/2013 11:16 pm

How long did you try derma rolling for? Damn if thats true i just wasted 30 bux lol...

MemberMember
(@a-p)

Posted : 03/08/2013 11:15 am

I bought an .5 mm roller and used it for 3 months 1-3 times per week. Sometimes it worked for better topical absorption but it was just a pain to roll!

I'd say since you bought it use it! You might like it :) but peels really do work the best for the left over marks from acne. Depending on the severity, if yours are very light you could probably fix them with an aha cream/gel or lotion. If the hyperpigmentation is pretty dark I'd say a jessners peel would work.

MemberMember
(@smallville07)

Posted : 03/11/2013 7:53 pm

What kind of results did you get out of derma rolling?