Notifications
Clear all

Excessive Blackheads... What To Do?

MemberMember
(@alaskatroll)

Posted : 03/02/2013 2:52 pm

Hey guys, I'm new here and contemplating giving the regimen a try, but I have some questions about blackheads.

Almost every pore on my nose, to either side of it, and between my eyebrows, seems to be a blackhead. There quite a few on my forehead as well. It's not noticeable unless you look closely, but they're pretty much all clogged.

If I do the regimen, it should kill the bacteria, but it doesn't sound like it will clear the existing blackheads, only prevent new ones from popping up. So my question is, what is to be done about all these blackheads I have now? And why do they keep showing up, and returning after I pop them?

MemberMember
(@binga)

Posted : 03/02/2013 3:48 pm

go to a esthetician and they will clean it up. Also use a moisturizer with niacinamide and a b5 serum to help with oily skin. U can try skinceuticals from ebay.

MemberMember
(@alaskatroll)

Posted : 03/02/2013 5:37 pm

go to a esthetician and they will clean it up. Also use a moisturizer with niacinamide and a b5 serum to help with oily skin. U can try skinceuticals from ebay.

Thanks! I have vitamin b5 supplements, do you think taking those will help? if so, how much should I be taking?

(@Anonymous)

Posted : 03/03/2013 12:09 am

I'm pretty sure B5 supplements won't do much for blackheads. For me at least, I have to gently exfoliate with a wash/cleanser/scrub, and then they usually work themselves out of your skin after a week or so. Like someone said, you could have it professionally done to speed up the process but that could be expensive.

Also, try not to pop them. I think if you don't get it all, it just irritates them and prolongs their stay.

I currently use the Cetaphil Gentle cleanser when I shower, but I'd recommend just about any gentle face wash.

MemberMember
(@anotherdaypassesby)

Posted : 03/09/2013 7:27 pm

Try Aztec Secret Healing Clay. It supposed to suck everything out!