Notifications
Clear all

Acne Is Worse On One Patch Of Skin?

MemberMember
(@epicdermis)

Posted : 03/02/2013 3:57 am

For the past two years or so, there has been a single patch of skin on my face that is usually redder (mostly due to fading spots) and flakier than anywhere else. Most of my acne has gone away, but occasionally I'll get a really deep blemish/cyst, only in this one area.

I'm wondering if maybe this is a separate condition? Why is one area of my face (only on the left side, not symmetrical) so much more sensitive/acne prone than anywhere else?

MemberMember
(@epicdermis)

Posted : 03/03/2013 7:59 pm

Anyone?

MemberMember
(@hailmail)

Posted : 03/03/2013 8:06 pm

Have you tried moisturizing extra or spot treating that specific area?

MemberMember
(@epicdermis)

Posted : 03/03/2013 10:47 pm

No... In general I don't moisturize (I only use facewash once a day and my skin doesn't really get dry) and spot treating seems to make it worse (really touching this area at all makes it worse). The only thing I use is aloe vera, which doesn't seem to have an effect either way.

Come to think of it, I think it started around two years ago, when my acne was a lot worse, and I tried to use a chemical peel to make some of the redness go away. The peel was too strong and "burned" my skin... it mostly healed after a few weeks, but this one area has been extra sensitive ever since. I may be remembering incorrectly, but that's my best guess at how it started.

MemberMember
(@epicdermis)

Posted : 03/11/2013 5:06 pm

bump...

Another thing is that it is usually slightly elevated above the rest of my skin (barely noticeable most of the time, but if it gets irritated then it gets puffier and redder and way more noticeable). I guess a better way to describe the location is going from the side of my nose (up near my eye) down to my cheek, only on the left side of my face.