Notifications
Clear all

Can Anyone Tell Me What This Is? (Pics)

MemberMember
(@iphoneguy12319)

Posted : 03/01/2013 11:56 pm

Okay , so ive reached my tipping point, ive been a long time lurker of these forums and after years i have still not been able to figure out what kind of acne i have or how i should treat it because it feels like ive tried EVERYTHING , some things calmed it down a bit but nothing helped signifigantly, heres a small list of what ive used.

Jojoba Oil (

Castor Oil

OCM

Baking soda exfoliating

Braggs ACV

ID Monolaurin Gel

Minocycline ( Havent used for years due to not wanting stomach imbalances)

Doxycycline ( Same thing as mino)

Lemons ( Fresh, topical)

Switching to washing hair with baking soda/vinegar

Washing sheets constantly

changing diet many times eliminating certain foods

Saw Palmetto

Hydrogen peroxide

Rubbin alcohol

Cetaphil

Aztec Healing clay

Zinc ( Topical and oral)

Fish Oil

D3 ( 10k IU)

Vit A ( 18k IU )

Salacylic acid ( Various companies)

Using no topicals , just washing with water ( didnt work)

Staying stress free ( hasnt worked)

Epsom Salt ( dissolved, topical)

Steaming

Bacitracin

Clotramizol

Tolnaftate

My current regimine:

AM:

Wash in shower, apply ID Monolaurin Gel afterwards

After working out:

Shower, apply monolaurin gel

Night time:

2:1 Braggs to water ( topical)

Bacitracin ( topical)

Ill exfoliate with baking soda every other day

post-203233-0-26796800-1362199505_thumb.

post-203233-0-46632900-1362199605_thumb.

post-203233-0-26796800-1362199505_thumb.

post-203233-0-46632900-1362199605_thumb.

MemberMember
(@random1)

Posted : 03/02/2013 12:15 am

Have you tried benzoyl peroxide?

MemberMember
(@iphoneguy12319)

Posted : 03/02/2013 12:21 am

I tried it around a year ago when i had my antibiotics, but i dont have any on hand at the moment and promised myself i would never try it after watching David "the skin king" on youtube, which looking back on has gotten me absolutely nowhere. Do you have an idea as to what it is?

I can pick up some BP tonight, would 5% suffice?

MemberMember
(@nicmic62)

Posted : 03/02/2013 12:52 am

I tried it around a year ago when i had my antibiotics, but i dont have any on hand at the moment and promised myself i would never try it after watching David "the skin king" on youtube, which looking back on has gotten me absolutely nowhere. Do you have an idea as to what it is?

I can pick up some BP tonight, would 5% suffice?

Get 2.5% if you can find any. It can do the same things as 5% but you don't get as itchy or flakey.

MemberMember
(@iphoneguy12319)

Posted : 03/02/2013 1:44 am

Alright guys, I just picked up neutrogena on-the-spot acne treatment. It's 2.5% , I was stressing all I could find was 10% then I found this, a bit pricey at $9 for a .75oz tube! Oh well, of anyone else can identify my condition please do!

MemberMember
(@leelowe1)

Posted : 03/02/2013 6:52 am

I also watch David the skin King and i have his e-book (i can totally send it you via email) and while he offers decent advice, its not unique and it won't work for everyone.

Your acne looks mild so BP may do the trick for you (you may want to look into the regimen and see how they use BP in it)

MemberMember
(@iphoneguy12319)

Posted : 03/03/2013 4:13 pm

Alright guys, 2 days in now, heres my Current regimen

Morning:

Wash face w/warm water

Pat dry

Wait 5 min

Spread 2.5% BP on

Wait 15 min

Put on cetaphil/jojoba

Night:

Same

I need to get a cleanser, any ones I should look at in particular? Also, I did notice that after starting my skin texture seems worse, along with the appearance of some of the acne, I actually had a friend say " wow you broke out bad" , which sucks but I'll keep going

MemberMember
(@iphoneguy12319)

Posted : 03/04/2013 7:58 pm

Any other input?

3 days into my new Regimine which consists of Olay sensitive skin cleanser, 2.5% BP, Cetaphil moisturizer, and Jojoba oil

I did the BP twice on day but my face looked horrible that first day, its slowly getting better, my only issue is I want to do the BP twice right off the bat but my face is already more red than usual and I have some odd red patches by the corners of my mouth now.

Here's my question:

Even if I've already cleansed in the morning, and my face is super oily/dirty from workout out can I cleanse again with no BP and then just do my normal cleanse/BP/Jojoba before bed?

MemberMember
(@solce)

Posted : 03/08/2013 3:11 pm

Any other input?

3 days into my new Regimine which consists of Olay sensitive skin cleanser, 2.5% BP, Cetaphil moisturizer, and Jojoba oil

I did the BP twice on day but my face looked horrible that first day, its slowly getting better, my only issue is I want to do the BP twice right off the bat but my face is already more red than usual and I have some odd red patches by the corners of my mouth now.

Here's my question:

Even if I've already cleansed in the morning, and my face is super oily/dirty from workout out can I cleanse again with no BP and then just do my normal cleanse/BP/Jojoba before bed?

I use a light toner or some water after I work out if I can't get home. I don't think working out and sweating causes acne (Dan also says this) but it makes me feel better. As long as your cleanser doesn't have any active ingredients you should be find but its definitely more convenient.