Notifications
Clear all

How Long Does It Take To Get Started On Accutane After Initial Derm Apointment In The Uk?

MemberMember
(@burton123)

Posted : 03/01/2013 7:05 pm

i have an dermatology appointment a week on tuesday, but i was wondering how long it takes to get started after this appointment. obviosly blood work needs doing. can any one tell me how long it took them in the uk the get started on it after it was perscribed. im wondering because my cystic acne on my back is getting realy bad now and i have increasingly worse sebaciouse hyperplesia on my nose. i just want to get started

MemberMember
(@nomoredottodot)

Posted : 03/02/2013 12:54 am

For me, it was 4 weeks. Was sent away with leaflets about it, told to make appointment with the Nurse at the GP for blood test (was given blood form by the Derm), & change my contraception. In the mean time he gave me some medication (which of course didn't help), as he said he didn't want me spending four weeks without anything.

MemberMember
(@burton123)

Posted : 03/02/2013 5:26 am

cheers. does it take less time for males? just because obviously theres alot of risk with pregnancy and testing that for women?

MemberMember
(@nomoredottodot)

Posted : 03/02/2013 8:50 am

Yes, I think it will be. Because if a woman is just starting contraception/changing form, they have to be on it at least a month before starting, which is why I was told come back in four weeks. There was a post a couple a weeks about the time frame, I'll try and find it for you.

Edit: here it is :)

MemberMember
(@burton123)

Posted : 03/02/2013 10:39 am

thanks very much.