Notifications
Clear all

Tiny White Bumps Under Skin

MemberMember
(@lifeinfaith)

Posted : 03/01/2013 1:43 pm

About 3 months ago I moved to Colorado and have been pretty stressed with moving and looking for a new job. I started getting these tiny little white bumps (clogs) under my skin around my mouth and nose (non inflamed and don't seem to come to a head). I started using grapeseed oil on my face thinking my face was getting dry and breaking out (winter in Colorado) but that maybe just seemed to make it worse and spread. The derm and aesthetician I have seen have since told me that oil is a big NO NO for those with oil prone skin like me, so I am now using an oil free moisturizer and glycolic acid toner (every few days).

I went to a derm about a month ago and she told me it was clogged pores and prescribed me differin, but said it would take 2-3 months to see significant results. I have also been to an aesthetician a couple of times and they do a few extractions but no real significant difference, I think they don't feel that most of the little bumps are extractable or are too small. If I try and do it myself it usually ends up making a swollen scabby red mark because they are really hard to get at. You can really only see them if light hits my face a certain way, or if I poke my tongue under them and stretch the skin. They are near my mouth/under nose, jaw and up through my cheeks and cheek bones. My forehead and center of chin are clear,

It has been about 3 weeks with differin and I haven't seen any real improvement other than the little white bumps seem to be coming closer and closer to the surface and more visible...not sure if they will all just dissolve gradually or eventually come out on their own with little prodding, but I was hoping maybe someone had a similar experience or had seen improvement with differin? I know I probably just need to have patience, but I am a little scared the differin is not going to clear it up as these guys seem stubborn.

MemberMember
(@wicky)

Posted : 03/01/2013 2:47 pm

can we see a picture? I have something similar and would love to see what your referring to

MemberMember
(@lifeinfaith)

Posted : 03/02/2013 10:57 pm

Right and left cheeks. I have to get them in the right light for them to show up clearly so the pic is not that great.

post-203160-0-10634300-1362282953_thumb.

post-203160-0-76990400-1362282967_thumb.

post-203160-0-10634300-1362282953_thumb.

post-203160-0-76990400-1362282967_thumb.

MemberMember
(@jadiemay)

Posted : 03/09/2013 8:55 pm

Hello,

Have you been told what they are?

I have these bumps too. Mine are all over my face.

They started on my forehead, but have since tracked down to my cheeks, sides of face, and chin. They have remained unchanged for months!

When you are in the shower or washing your, do they feel extra rough?

MemberMember
(@lifeinfaith)

Posted : 03/12/2013 12:16 am

The dermatologist told me they were clogged pores. The differin seems to be bringing the white stuff in them to the surface where they either 1. Come off as a little dry piece of sebum if I rub them a little or 2. Make it so that when I apply some pressure a bunch of white stuff comes out pretty easily. Yes, my face feels bumpy in the shower. The differin seems to be bringing them to a head, although its a slow process and not fun. Could try some peels or pro extractions to speed up the process.

MemberMember
(@lifeinfaith)

Posted : 04/07/2013 8:43 pm

I was on differin for almost 2 months and saw some improvement. Went for my derm checkup and she said I should have 50% at that point but it was more like maybe 15-20% so she upped me to Tazorac. So far the Tazorac has been really irritating and itchy, but it makes my face peel a ton in the shower and is deffinitely making stuff come up. However, in the past month while on differin and tazorac I started getting really inflamed swollen pimples that never come to a head on just the right side of my face. In the 5-6 months of dealing with this it's the first time I've gotten swollen ones like this and this is not characteristic of anything I've gotten before. Wondering whats going on/if this is normal for retinoids.

MemberMember
(@splodge2)

Posted : 07/28/2013 1:07 pm

I think i'm also having this problem too.

I generally have good skin but recently this has happened

https://mail-attachment.googleusercontent.com/attachment/u/0/?ui=2&ik=b9ed13775c&view=att&th=140266ed29854a76&attid=0.1&disp=inline&safe=1&zw&saduie=AG9B_P-MyEc9xQ72587oMLLDOlEI&sadet=1375034533300&sads=8yBfx8miQQzdneVePaVIF51pEr8

Pls let me know what I can do to get rid of it.

I have a hen do in two weeks and wedding in a month! I really need a quick fix!!

MemberMember
(@bekimtl)

Posted : 07/29/2013 1:59 am

I had those clogged pores for 2 months now all over the sides of my faces and forehead. It made my skin feel like sandpaper whenever I glide my hands over my face. Let me say that it really does take patience for it to go away. I researched on several forums and found out about olay microdermabrasion. I was desperate so I tried it. It has been a week and my skin is starting to clear up and becoming smooth again. Maybe you should try it too. I also put BP on every night.