Notifications
Clear all

Does Omega 3 With Zinc Work For Acne?

MemberMember
(@simoneliu187)

Posted : 02/28/2013 5:24 pm

Does omega 3 with zinc supplement work for acne skin? Does anyone have a brand that they would recommend? Thx!

MemberMember
(@gingergirl22)

Posted : 03/02/2013 10:43 pm

Quite a few people report that their acne gets worse with fish oil, so if you plan on getting your Omega 3 that way, be forewarned. My son broke out terribly after 5 days on a good quality fish oil (1000 mg a day).

MemberMember
(@simoneliu187)

Posted : 03/05/2013 10:07 am

Thanks for the warning. I've never heard about omega 3 causing acne before. I am taking fish oil and had no problem with breakout getting worse. I want to use a supplyment instead of skin creams because my skin is getting quite sensitive after using doctor prescribed medicines. I heard omega 3 plus zinc works for ance but hopefully it wont cause breakout for me.

MemberMember
(@random1)

Posted : 03/05/2013 3:14 pm

The main reason people break out on fish oils is because alot of times they also come with Omega 6's and 9's, which DO cause breakouts. However, if you find a fish oil with Omega-3's isolated, you should be just fine. As far as zinc goes I just say personally the results aren't dramatic, they are more of just an extra push once you've got a solid regimen down. Also I should say alot of people (me included) frequently quote zinc supplements as giving horrible nausea

MemberMember
(@willtowin)

Posted : 03/06/2013 3:36 am

i take fish oil and zinc supplements as well, more for a holistic approach, had some good results but hard to pinpoint which one did what. But what i have noticed is zinc oxide, applied topically (sunscreen ingredient) helped dried out my breakouts.

MemberMember
(@simoneliu187)

Posted : 03/14/2013 12:55 pm

I am taking collegen for my skin as well. I started for 2~3 days and then I stopped. I have some questions about taking it with food or with an empty stomach.

I am still looking for a good supplement to take to replace the collegen.