Notifications
Clear all

My Regimen Logs

MemberMember
(@putrieh)

Posted : 02/28/2013 8:59 am

Hi, my names Putri and i've been on the regimen for about 4 days and only now have I gotten to making logs about my journey hah.

I had great skin up until about 15 when I started breaking out, it wasn't all that bad to start off with, what started off as mild has now turned to moderate/sever acne that's very persistent and I'm 19 now so ofcourse it's frustrating to have to deal with it for so long! Being Asian and having darker skin, I'm also prone to scarring/hyperpigmentation, but that's a wholeeeeee new topic lol.

Day 1-4:

Pretty much nothing's changed from day 1 to day 4. My skin feels tingly (almost like a burning feeling from inside, not sure if that's a good thing or a bad thing). I've followed the regimen as close as possible. Might've tweaked the moisturiser part a bit as I feel it's way too much for my excessively oily skin. Whiteheads and pimples appearing on my forehead/left cheek but eventually go away in a matter of days. Skin feels very sensitive and itchy, when a loose strand of hair touches it, it feels weird lol. Taking a lot for me not to touch my skin, but I'm trying my best!! Not gonna lie though I did pick at a few whiteheads/pimples but I left the rest as they are. Mouth area feels very tight and it feels weird to smile and talk. Haven't been overly dry/flaky yet but I'm sure it'll happen toner or later.

Overall I guess it's been alright, here's hoping it stays this way! Weeks 1-4 are said to be very tough so I'm not too keen on that, especially since the weathers getting much cooler now! Looks like I'll be using a bit more moisturiser in the coming days :)

MemberMember
(@putrieh)

Posted : 03/01/2013 8:00 am

Day 5:

Did the regimen in the morning. Skipped the BP cos I felt my skin needed a bit of a break. Weather was uber cold now that autumns come which means extra dry skin yayyyy..... Had to go to work today to check my roster as well as running a few errands and I had to put a face of makeup on :( my mouth area looked SO dry! Face felt so itchy!! If I smiled long enough, cracks would form and stay for a bit (looks so horrible!), under my eyes look atrocious haha it's like I'm 19 going on to 90.. A few raised bumps on my right cheek and still very tight around my mouth area, but oddly enough, it wasn't as noticeable with the makeup on unless you came extremely close!

After I did my errands, came home took my makeup off and stayed that way til I had to do the regimen again at night. Skin can't dry off for too long in between the steps cos it starts to get extremely dry/tight (though it may only be a bit over 5 mins). Though I keep a good distance around my eyes so the BP doesn't get too close, it still seems to sting for a bit.. After letting that dry and putting the moisturiser on, my face feels like it's burning for quite some time! Not too sure why?? I'm still using week 1s recommended BP amount and more moisturiser than told so idk what's happening.. Maybe the weather change is having an effect with my skin..

MemberMember
(@dqn217)

Posted : 03/01/2013 8:06 am

I see you started a log as well, its great way to track progress and also vent when you need to lol! Good luck on your journey I hope you clear up ASAP ;)

MemberMember
(@putrieh)

Posted : 03/02/2013 7:21 am

I see you started a log as well, its great way to track progress and also vent when you need to lol! Good luck on your journey I hope you clear up ASAP ;)

I sure have! Haha still new to all of this so I'm not even sure I'm doing this correctly lol but yeah I'll definitely be keeping track of the progress/venting here if I need to ; ) Thank you so much and likewise! Hope you also clear up ASAP :)

MemberMember
(@putrieh)

Posted : 03/05/2013 3:33 pm

Day 10-

Haven't been updating cos something really horrible happened.. Dropped my iphone in water ahhhhhh!!! Let it soak in rice grains for a day and now it's working so back to the updates lol. These past few days I've been so bad to my skin! I've really to go out of the house almost everyday so I've been wearing makeup for the most part which sucks cos I'm not letting my skin breathe and my skin is extra dry so it makes it look so tacky ugh. Haven't been putting the recommended amount of BP for week 2 in the morning cos I don't think my skin could handle it yet so I'm slowly bringing bit by bit. I was intending to nap last night at about 8-9ish (which is stupid cos I should've taken a full nap) and I accidentally ended up sleeping the whole night which made me skip doing the regimen for the night! I hate how I'm slacking off!!!!

But besides that the past few days have been the same, some breakouts on the far side of my cheeks closer to my hair/ears, 1 on the chin and very little on my forehead. Really hoping to get back on the routine consistently cos it seems to be working well when I did everything correctly last week. I've been extremely dry recently, makes putting makeup on so much difficult!! Still find it odd cos I've always had such oily skin. Every time I smile my whole face crinkles up, "crows feet" or artificial crows feet appear and my skin seems so droopy under my eye. Never used to be like this :( hoping the dryness gets better in time as well as the flakiness, right now that's looking worse then my actual breakouts! Also my top lip feels so dry it feel as though its meshed to the skin ontop of it -if that makes sense- it's such a weird feeling. Not sure if its just me but PIH seems like it's gone lighter, hoping its true!!!! BUT i don't doubt the breakouts I'm getting now are gonna create more, oh man it's inevitable..

MemberMember
(@putrieh)

Posted : 03/07/2013 7:54 am

Day 12-

Been pretty good with the regimen. Been consistent and doing things properly. I upped the BP to a bit over half a fingers length and weirdly enough I'm not getting AS much dryness from it, still dry tho. Flakiness still an issue. Face overall seems much better than before.. Not getting much new breakouts just a few in the same areas; possibly cos I sleep on one side. Forehead is surprisingly very clear, prior to the regimen it was a big problem area for me as well as my cheeks!! Gonna go and buy some jojoba oil and hopefully it'll lessen the dryness and flakiness ASAP :)

MemberMember
(@putrieh)

Posted : 03/10/2013 4:43 pm

Day 16-

Week 2 was tough. Few more papules, pustules and whiteheads on the ends of my cheeks, closer to my hairline/ears. Flakiness/dryness was on a whole new level. Not sure why they're mostly on the skin above my top lip, I don't even put BP there. Forehead was as clear as its ever been until the last few days of the week. At first i wasnt really seeing much results and i was so discourged, really wanted to stop the regimen early cos the dryness of my skin looked much worse than my actual acne , but i came to realize that the 'cosmetic acne' on my jawline and near my chin (those little white bumps that you dont really notice unless you stretch that area of your skin), thats almost completely gone now!! Ive had those for the longest time ever!!! But besides all that, hoping week 3 isn't too bad.

MemberMember
(@dqn217)

Posted : 03/10/2013 8:01 pm

Im on week 8 and I still have the problem with flaking ;(, But I remember my week 2 and the flaking was absolutly horrrible, its gotten much better since. Stick with it! It gets better! Hope things get better for you asap, you can do it!

MemberMember
(@putrieh)

Posted : 03/14/2013 7:46 pm

Im on week 8 and I still have the problem with flaking ;(, But I remember my week 2 and the flaking was absolutly horrrible, its gotten much better since. Stick with it! It gets better! Hope things get better for you asap, you can do it!

Flaking is the worst :( especially cos its not consistent everywhere so it just looks like a patch of extreme horridness here and there.. Damn looks like I got a long way to go lol! Does adding jojoba oil and the AHA make it better? Still yet to purchase them and thank you! Sounds like everything's going well for you :) hope it stays that way/only gets better!!

MemberMember
(@putrieh)

Posted : 03/14/2013 8:07 pm

Day 21-

Man the last few days were weird. I had flakiness mostly near my jawline, I've noticed my eyes (for some odd reason) were/look extremely dry though I keep the BP away from my eye area as much as I can, my skins looked much darker and I have this sunburnt look about me. It was rough.. Haha besides that though my actual acne has subsided quite alot! My cheek area has decreased so much since the last post. Had a bit of a breakout on my forehead but it went as quickly as it came. Right now everything is looking good, flakiness is not as bad as well as dryness, minus the eye area (still), skin tone looks consistent and the sunburnt/darker look has passed, minimal acne, mostly just scars, so yeah so far it's probably the best it's been since the regimen! I've realized doing the regimen in the morning (including the BP) prior to putting makeup on actually gives me less dryness/flakiness than if I were to skip the BP in the mornings (which I had done throughout most of the first 2 weeks, only using the cleanser and moisturiser). I've also tweaked the regimen a bit but so far it hasn't done any bad for me, after I get home and I know I don't have anywhere else to be that day, I'd take my makeup off and do the regimen again only cos I want it to be fully clean, meaning i wash my face 3 times a day. Also, been meaning to order the jojoba oil and the AHA but the shipping fee to Australia is just crazyyyyy! Should've bought the 5piece set to begin with rather than just the 3! Ahhh not sure if I'm willing to pay the horrendously expensive shipping fee again..... Almost a month since I've been on the regimen yay! Time really does pass quickly! Hope things only get better not just for me but for everyone else suffering :)

MemberMember
(@putrieh)

Posted : 03/17/2013 6:53 am

Day 23-

Damnnnn spoke too soon haha have a few whiteheads, papules and pustules on the edge of my cheeks, a few dormant cysts on my forehead and my skin is looking leathery. Not sure whether its always been like that but I sure noticed it today and it looked horrendous! Especially my undereye area aaaaahhhh!!! Not sure if this leathery look is gonna stay for long but I sure hope it doesn't, I looks so horrid! Here's hoping next week would be better lol

MemberMember
(@dqn217)

Posted : 03/17/2013 8:03 am

Flaking is the worst sad.png especially cos its not consistent everywhere so it just looks like a patch of extreme horridness here and there.. Damn looks like I got a long way to go lol! Does adding jojoba oil and the AHA make it better? Still yet to purchase them and thank you! Sounds like everything's going well for you smile.png hope it stays that way/only gets better!!

Haha flaking does suck pretty bad I agree. Joboba oil is moisterizing however it leaves a unmistakable shine lol. I didnt even buy it for my latest shipment of the regimen products because its expensive and I dont even use it lol. However I do use the aha at night mixed with the moisterizer and has helped with flaking. Flaking went down 50% after a week on aha. ( idk if its the spring weather or what but my flakiness has gotten soooo much better recently so theres hope!) Gluck to you! Hang in there!

MemberMember
(@putrieh)

Posted : 03/21/2013 5:26 am

Day 27-

Ahhhhhhhh almost been a month in the regimen!!!! Flakiness is still a major problem for me, definitely gonna invest in some AHA and jojoba oil very soon as its said to be very helpful with the flakiness/dry skin. Really not loving how leathery and gross my skin looks when I smile, especially under my eyes, it's like extreme leathery wrinkles galore lol.. Have a few dormant cysts on my forehead aswell as a few on my cheeks, not that noticeable yet just feels a bit deep. Slowly adding the finger length of BP as I don't want flakiness to go extreme but I'm getting there.. Hoping next month is much better, this month has been tough lol

MemberMember
(@putrieh)

Posted : 03/24/2013 5:06 am

Day 30-

Yayyyyyyyyy passed the one month mark! Skins doing okay, dryness/flakiness has decreased alot which I'm so thankful for!!! Could be due to the increasingly hot weather though.. Broke out quite a bit on my cheeks and it irritates me that I picked at them, I immediately regretted it afterward! Ughh when will I ever learn!! Starting this month i really wanna try not picking at my skin to see how long I'll last. Also, the thought of incorporating retin-a into my skin care sounds like something I might wanna do, though I think I might leave it to after my skins cleared up.. Overall everything's been pretty good and I sure hope things just get better from now :)

MemberMember
(@putrieh)

Posted : 04/01/2013 7:26 am

Day 38-

Things have been rough. Getting more breakout towards the sides of my face, temples, side cheeks, etc ahhhh this is crazy! Flakiness/dryness was soooo good about a week ago and now it's completely whack again.. Hoping its just cos its my time of the month (tmi eeeek!)

MemberMember
(@putrieh)

Posted : 04/07/2013 9:11 pm

Day 45-

Skins the worst it's ever been since starting the regimen. Then again I haven't been as gentle, my sleeping pattern has been messed up these last few days, been pretty stressed so I guess it kinda is my fault. Oh wellllllll hopefully they all go away soon : ) really need them to calm down a bit.. Will purchase the big 5 piece kit nowwwwwww (hopefully) haha my moisturiser is almost all out aswell as my cleanser!!

MemberMember
(@dqn217)

Posted : 04/07/2013 9:43 pm

Day 45-

Skins the worst it's ever been since starting the regimen. Then again I haven't been as gentle, my sleeping pattern has been messed up these last few days, been pretty stressed so I guess it kinda is my fault. Oh wellllllll hopefully they all go away soon : ) really need them to calm down a bit.. Will purchase the big 5 piece kit nowwwwwww (hopefully) haha my moisturiser is almost all out aswell as my cleanser!!

Hang in there! Itll get better!

MemberMember
(@putrieh)

Posted : 04/20/2013 1:02 am

Day 45-

Hang in there! Itll get better!

This is so delayed but thanks man! Was having a pretty rough few days-weeks so your little post was really nice to read :) gotta not let the acne affect me so much haha

Day 57-

Ordered my 5 set big kit a while ago but forgot to mention it lol. I've been using the AHA in conjunction with the moisturiser almost everyday and im absolutely loving it. Haven't been using the jojoba oil as much cos I feel the AHA and moisturiser has been hydrating my skin so much at night that I wake up with slighlty shiny/oily skin (not sure if that's actually normal lol). The winters about to start soon so I feel as though during that time I'll be able to switch up from AHA to jojoba oil more to see the effects of the jojoba oil. Skins doing much better than my last post. Currently have one whitehead on my forehead, a few little ones on both sides of my temples and I feel the AHA has very slightly simmered down my redness in my cheeks (or atleast I'd like to think it did haha). Hyperpigmentation is still there, hoping in time it'll fade away on its own.. Overall it's been pretty good since incorporating AHA into the regimen, as well as a few drops of jojoba oil whenever I remember to use it : ) had a few rough nights where I've been very stressed and emotional so I feel as though in the coming days I may have a few breakouts but hopefully not :)