Notifications
Clear all

Looking For Feedback Regarding Astringents And Their Uses.

MemberMember
(@npsshk)

Posted : 02/28/2013 6:25 am

Hello,

I've been experiencing mild to moderate acne primarily in the form of blackheads on the nose for a large part of my teenage life. Usually a washcloth with cetaphil cleanser once a night does the trick (still works) but I want to know what the cause of the black heads returning is and if adding an astringent like "clean and clear blackhead clearing astringent" would help.

My Info. I am a 21 y.o male, active and eat right most of the time. I understand currently my body is producing more oil/sebum then it needs which is probably the cause of my returning blackheads, my main concern is with reducing the production of oil on the nose (usually I have to use a oil sheet or paper towel on my nose every 4-5 hours)

I read a few reviews on the product and the reviews are mostly grim. I am looking for a better product that does the job clean and clear claims to do, if you have experience with anything related to different products or other strategies you have used to deal with blackheads please share.

Thankyou.

MemberMember
(@nicmic62)

Posted : 03/07/2013 2:56 am

Hello,

I've been experiencing mild to moderate acne primarily in the form of blackheads on the nose for a large part of my teenage life. Usually a washcloth with cetaphil cleanser once a night does the trick (still works) but I want to know what the cause of the black heads returning is and if adding an astringent like "clean and clear blackhead clearing astringent" would help.

My Info. I am a 21 y.o male, active and eat right most of the time. I understand currently my body is producing more oil/sebum then it needs which is probably the cause of my returning blackheads, my main concern is with reducing the production of oil on the nose (usually I have to use a oil sheet or paper towel on my nose every 4-5 hours)

I read a few reviews on the product and the reviews are mostly grim. I am looking for a better product that does the job clean and clear claims to do, if you have experience with anything related to different products or other strategies you have used to deal with blackheads please share.

Thankyou.

A lot of people I know have had great things to say about Dickinson's Witch Hazel toner. I was able to try it out for about two months and it does make skin less shiney and feel less oily. When I started going on Dan's regimen though I stopped using the toner, it was too drying with the Benzoyl peroxide. I don't have too many blackheads, so I couldn't give you any personal feedback on that, but some of my friends say they it has lessened their blackheads.