Notifications
Clear all

Cyst Re-Appeared, What To Do?

MemberMember
(@jjasd33)

Posted : 02/27/2013 9:21 pm

About a month and a half ago, I got a cyst on my cheek where I never usually get acne. Hurt for about 2 weeks, then was just a big noticeable bump for about another 2 weeks. It appeared to be going down noticeably, and I thought it was the end of that. The problem was that it never completely subsided, as even in its best looking stages, there was still slight bump if I touched it. Just yesterday, I noticed the bump started to become more noticeable, and now, it seems to be increasing in size and swelling. The only thing is that the bump does not hurt and it is not red at all, and also it isnt perfectly circular, its more ovally shaped. When I went to see the derm back when it first appeared, it was subsiding by the time I finally got the appointment, so I did not want to risk scarring by having an injection. It turns out I highly regret not taking the shot because now it seems to be coming back. Is there anything I can do to make it less noticeable, or even cure it for good without getting a shot, because realistically, it will be another month until I can make another appointment. I have tried icing it, and it works slightly, but it makes the cyst hard to the touch which I don't like. I have salycic acid concealer, but I feel like that irritates it, especially when I try removing the concealer at night. I take zinc to help swelling and use bp 5% at night. Is there anything I can do?

MemberMember
(@tracy521)

Posted : 02/28/2013 2:05 pm

try taking aleve or ibuprofen a few times a day and i would continue icing it too. i like 10% bp for the cysts but sometimes they are too deep and need a shot. can you call the derm and ask them to fit you in? many times they can inject the cyst in between appointments or you can call and ask to be added to their cancellation list too.