Notifications
Clear all

Young And Trapped

MemberMember
(@becca-parker)

Posted : 02/27/2013 7:07 am

Hi all ,

i'm 16 and have had acne for 2 years now it's really getting me down and i can't afford any expensive products so i wondered if anyone has any natural tips??? PLEASE HELP i look like a dominos pizza!!

MemberMember
(@binga)

Posted : 02/27/2013 8:26 am

Go to derm even in a charity hospital if possible or else u will end up with scarring which is permanent

MemberMember
(@eatsrainbows)

Posted : 02/27/2013 11:35 am

Don't make the same mistake I did, which was to wait and try every home remedy, cream, gel and wash out there instead of just going to see my doctor. I wish I had got professional help sooner as I have been left with severe pigmentation and some mild scarring. Get help!!

MemberMember
(@skinnylove89)

Posted : 02/27/2013 11:37 am

I have tried lots of natural/holistic methods to clear up my skin, and saw some decent results. I used raw honey as a face wash for about a year, and it did a pretty good job of keeping my skin somewhat clear. I've tried the oil cleansing method, which was pretty good, but it was too drying. I've also tried baking soda/sea salt scrubs, but abrasive products tend too be too harsh for me. Rose water toner was really refreshing and also did an okay job, but again, it just wasn't right for me. I suggest doing some research to try and find a natural product that would work best for you. There are lots of YouTube channels that can be pretty informative, and it's nice to see other people's experiences with products. But, everyone is different, and what works for you might not work for someone else. I really suggest paying attention to your diet. Eating lots of healthy, unprocessed foods and drinking plenty of water will probably show positive results. Good luck!

MemberMember
(@mgx)

Posted : 03/01/2013 3:05 am

...first and foremost... go see a derm... like some i too waited and tried those commercial products that promises clear skin in no time, only for those things to backlash and take a worse toll on my skin.... so with little money left i went to a derm.......

although it is still up to you if you're going to follow his prescription.... my first treatment was Doxycycline for several months, which did nothing, and then i went on Accutane!..... i'm still on it, my 2nd course (my derm prescribes Accutane differently than the usual western doctors do, i'm only on a modified low dose course)....

seen some drastic changes..... and still hoping that it's for the better.

but most of all, whatever you do.... don't give up! always fight acne....... make some lifestyle changes if you have to.....

actually... these are the things that i swear by, to helping get rid of Acne:

1. HYDRATE... water is your best friend... also helps flush out toxins

2. Avoid wearing Make-Up (believe me it'll do more harm than good... haven't put make-up on since i had acne, pushing 3 years now

3. NEVER PICK at your face.... also avoid touching your skin often (leads to more scarring)

4. this also avoids no.3.... Try Staying away from MIRRORS......(it'll help to stop obsessing about your skin.... this one really helps a lot

5. VIT C ( helps healing process faster )

6. rinse with ICE COLD WATER...... relieves itchiness, redness, pain and swelling, plus it closes the pores!!!!

.....hope these would be helpful......

MemberMember
(@green-gables)

Posted : 03/01/2013 1:48 pm

Get on birth control or another hormonal treatment. See my signature below for which birth controls help and which create acne.

Speaking of pizza, cut out dairy, sugar, and go low carb. See Dr. Hyman's article on how dairy and carbs spike hormonal responses that create acne.