Notifications
Clear all

How Bad Are My Marks? Tips Please!

MemberMember
(@ayedani)

Posted : 02/26/2013 6:47 pm

Hello. I was wondering how bad are my red marks. I'm very insecure about them. I use makeup to cover them up when I go to class, but I still feel insecure like everyone notices them. I've been using some products to lighten them but not the results I want. So today I started using Garnier Dark Spot Corrector. Has anyone used it? Also does anyone have any other product suggestions. I also have Porcelena Night Time Cream but it has hydroquinone *not sure I spelled it right* and I have heard it can help but it can make marks more red and even darker.

post-191169-0-53959900-1361922407_thumb.

post-191169-0-02036700-1361922427_thumb.

post-191169-0-53959900-1361922407_thumb.

post-191169-0-02036700-1361922427_thumb.

MemberMember
(@yoshq)

Posted : 02/26/2013 9:42 pm

Your marks are definitely not that bad. I have about exactly the same thing it looks like. I've just started using R-ALA Intense Gel 2 days ago and haven't noticed any results yet. But anyway, I mean, mine make me a bit insecure, but not too much. People don't seem to notice. When I bring it up, people don't disagree that I have them, but nobody brings it up or makes it a thing. Girls are still attracted to me. And even if they weren't, I would still try to think of myself as a beautiful person. Just remember, you're awesome because you're the best you anyone can be.

MemberMember
(@jengk)

Posted : 02/26/2013 11:57 pm

Your marks aren't as bad as you seem to think they are, I would kill to have my scars look like that rolleyes.gif Have you ever tried lemons? They can be tricky because they may make your overall skin tone lighter so you need to take it slow, apply for 3 or so days then stop for a week and see how your skin reacts so you don't accidentally overdo it or cause dryness/damage. But I have been trying this recently and it's really really helped me, mine are much lighter than when i started, you should give it a shot :)

MemberMember
(@ayedani)

Posted : 02/28/2013 3:52 am

Thank you both! You both have helped my confidence. :) and Jen, I will try lemons if I don't see any results with Garnier. I have also heard Apple Cider Vinegar helps tremendously. I'm going to do more research on it!

MemberMember
(@jengk)

Posted : 02/28/2013 5:19 pm

It's a pleasure. I started ACV a couple of days ago with fantastic results already so far :)

MemberMember
(@grpm)

Posted : 03/04/2013 2:52 pm

Okay, first of all, stop using makeup, I know it sucks to interact with other people with all those marks, but makeup only worsen the problem, specially if you don't use the right kind and don't apply it properly, and because you are male, your pores are larger than women so you'll get double the trouble, I know it by experience. So if you wanna fade away those red marks you have to be constant with your skin care routine (once again no makeup, let your skin breathe), I you don't have inflammation or big bumps I recommend you do the following:

• -Use a cleanser for sensitive skin in the morning and another with acne treatment or for oily skin at night (avoid benzoyl peroxide), next use a gentle toner (No Alcohol) and apply a moisturizer with SPF 30 in the morning and a repairing one for the night.
  • -Only wash your face with lukewarm water at night every other day, don't take hot showers or long cold showers, sorry.
  • -Use an Aspirin mask with a little bit of lemon juice and let it act for around 30 minutes, two times per week (don't buy coated aspirin cuz it doesn't work), if you cannot find regular Aspirin use Alka Seltzer instead (no lemon juice this time) it works just the same. Also, twice a week, use an Oatmeal and yogurt mask, let it dry on your face and rinse it off with cold water.
  • -Use a gentle scrub 2 times per week, I suggest to mix Sodium Bicarbonate with a little bit of your cleanser for sensitive skin and a little bit of water if needed (it has to be a paste), massage your face for around 2 minutes and remove it with cold water.
  • -Eat healthy, avoid foods with a lot of salt because it tends to darken up your scars, and a lot of sugar because it cause more acne obviously. Don't eat late a night, sorry again.
  • -Sleep at least 7-8 hours to let your body and skin to repair itself.

Those are my suggestions, it works for me and you don't have to spend a lot of money. If you have a question don't doubt on asking me wink.png

MemberMember
(@nicmic62)

Posted : 03/05/2013 8:07 pm

Hydroquinone does help! I've tried this before and spots do go away pretty fast. Don't be on it for too long though because your skin gets really sensitive from the sun.

I also suggest trying something with Glycolic acid. I use a 10% glycolic acid gel on my face. It has taken away red spots pretty fast. But again, it does make your skin sensitive to the sun.

Just wear SPF if ever you decide to use either of the two.

MemberMember
(@kat92)

Posted : 03/07/2013 7:33 pm

Your marks are not that bad at all- I would still give hydroquinone a try. I see an aesthetician twice a month and for my red/dark marks she has me use a few products, one includes hydroquinone. It is true that they can get darker but this is actually a good sign. Hyperpigmentation is deeper down in your skin so as it gets closer to the surface (which is what you want- you can do this with exfoliation and using products that encourage cell turnover) the color changes. Deep, dark marks are purple-ish. Then they get red, then brown, then the next step is they eventually fall off.

MemberMember
(@yellowrada)

Posted : 03/12/2013 5:26 pm

Hi. I have pih also, I'm currently doing a set of 6 microdermabrasion sessions and after that my aesthetician suggested 2 mild cheemical peels. I'm at my 3rd microderm and after each session some of my bigger marks look really red, they calm down in a couple of days. Is that a good sign? You're the only one who seems to know anything about the stages of coloration...

MemberMember
(@notsoaverage)

Posted : 05/20/2013 1:34 am

Hi I've used the Garnier Dark Spot Corrector and haven't really noticed an improvement.

Also, I would consider trying lemon juice. It has worked wonders for me.

MemberMember
(@aanabill)

Posted : 05/25/2013 2:11 am

are there scars or just PIH and post acne marks?

marks and some kinds of shallow scars(indented or hypertropic - shallow and light ones ONLY) gets better with lemons(which has citric acid and bleaches),SA wash,or any other lightening creams.(be careful about the ingredients - some are known carcinogens ,some are comedogenic)

but scars wont heal unless treated with medical issues.

that's what i know.

what cleansers do u use?

how long have these been here for?

p.s be careful about lemons.

here, a word of caution -

MemberMember
(@tim714)

Posted : 05/25/2013 2:17 am

They're not bad. Go to Amazon and search salicylic acid peel, check out the reviews and if you try one start with a low concentration. Good luck.