Notifications
Clear all

Hi Everyone 🙂

MemberMember
(@jengk)

Posted : 02/26/2013 3:19 pm

Hey all, my name's Jen and (evidently) I am new here. I've been struggling with acne for 3/4 years now and it started hitting me hard this year especially how much going through it alone can damage you. I don't really have anyone to talk about it with so I decided to join here both to 'be' amongst people who understand this particular issue and just to be involved in the community. I think it's really an incredible thing to be keeping up, especially as acne has a very unique way of being able to get into your psyche and mess with your mind... So thank you to everyone who helps keep this fantastic site up and running! smile.png I basically have a (for back of a better word) volatile health situation and so once I discover and treat one thing which causes the acne, it gets better for a couple of months and then something else in this lovely bod of mine goes out of wack, and I have to fix that. I currently take many many supplements and am on quite a strict diet, I mostly eat salad/veggies and this amazing stuff called Futurelife. One of my biggest issues is the fact that practically every pimple I've ever had in my life didn't want to say a permanent goodbye to my face so I have quite severe scarring... Though I have had great success recently with lemons which has done wonders for my confidence. I try to keep positive and at peace with myself but sometimes the acne gets too much, especially in those extreme rough patches. Alas, I have come into a mindstate of greater self-love than I've really had before and I'm incredibly grateful for all the things in my life which have led me to this place. smile.png

So that's me! Hello, everyone smile.png

MemberMember
(@randall-flagg)

Posted : 02/26/2013 3:44 pm

Hi Jen! This site is a great community and resource when it comes to acne. Tons of information about various treatments and more importantly it's a place where there are tons of people who know exactly what you're going through. Just remember, you're not alone :)

Hope you enjoy your stay!

MemberMember
(@jengk)

Posted : 02/27/2013 3:50 pm

Thanks so much for the reply :)