Notifications
Clear all

16/m Accutane Log (Back/chest/shoulder Acne)

MemberMember
(@simon12)

Posted : 02/26/2013 3:15 pm

Hello!

So I've had body acne for almost a year now, I'm about to start Accutane and thought I'll do a log to not only see my personal improvement but to also show you the process of this drug. I'm about to do my blood work tomorrow before I could get the drug. I'll be on Accutane for 6 months, not sure the dosage yet. I'm 5"10 5/8 tall and I weigh 160 lbs. I've been through many treatments but it hasn't really helped it. This is a list of what I've taken so far.

LIST:

- 2 courses of Erythromycin (Antibiotic); Didn't really help much, did relief the inflammation of my acne

- PanOxyl (10% Benzoyl Peroxide)

- Murad Acne Body Wash (Salicylic Acid)

- Murad Body Spray

- pHisoHex (3% Hexachlorophene)

I would also like to know your experiences with Accutane for your back, chest, shoulders, arm etc!

I'll post pictures soon of how my body acne is right now before I start Accutane.

Wish me luck!

MemberMember
(@simon12)

Posted : 02/27/2013 7:21 pm

*UPDATE* February 27, 2013

So I got my blood taken took at 8.AM (Yeah I know that it's early) but I didn't want to fast during school and not eat anything and go get it done after.

Experience was alright, I went right when the blood lab opened and there was a line up of like 6 people! Got 2 vials taken and made me shiver when I seen my blood in them. Anyways, hopefully getting the Accutane prescription tomorrow afternoon before my dermatologist leaves for her vacation! I'm excited!! Pictures will be up soon haha, been kinda lazy at the moment. I'll post tomorrow!

Simon

MemberMember
(@simon12)

Posted : 02/28/2013 9:02 pm

DAY 1:

I just took my first pill! I'm on 40mg for now, and my dermatologist said she'll see how I do for the first month.

Obviously no side effects yet, but I'll keep updating!

Btw how can I post pictures?

MemberMember
(@whoartthou1)

Posted : 03/01/2013 4:11 am

hey man, go to tinypic.us and post the pictures there. Then copy paste the link onto here.

How many months were you on antibiotics for?

I am on accutane as well, I am 22 with pretty bad body acne. I hate it so bad man.. Good thing you are treating it early. I waited a year and a half... too long to be honest

MemberMember
(@simon12)

Posted : 03/01/2013 11:44 pm

hey man, go to tinypic.us and post the pictures there. Then copy paste the link onto here.

How many months were you on antibiotics for?

I am on accutane as well, I am 22 with pretty bad body acne. I hate it so bad man.. Good thing you are treating it early. I waited a year and a half... too long to be honest

Hey oh alright, I'll do that in a bit, I'm too tired for tonight haha.

I was on for 1 month in august didn't really do much and it was just mild on my back. I left it for like 3 months and it slowly got worse...

I got another prescription for 1 month, it helped a bit but it got worse near the end. I than asked my GP if i could get a referral to a derm and that's how I got accutane.

MemberMember
(@simon12)

Posted : 03/06/2013 8:09 pm

*UPDATE*

Day 6

Sorry I haven't posted, barely anyone replies so that really gives me no motivation to keep updating...

Anyways my lips gotten really dry along with my cheeks and nose.

I've started used Cetaphil Moisturizing Cream which has been terrific even after just one use.

Body acne seems like it's gotten worse...

MemberMember
(@xoalibee)

Posted : 06/17/2013 12:57 pm

How's the accutane treatment been? Have you cleared up!?