Notifications
Clear all

Can't Find Uk Bp!

MemberMember
(@adam2126)

Posted : 02/26/2013 1:36 pm

Hey,

So I've been on the regimen for a couple weeks - so far so good(I think), but my Oxy on the spot 2.5 BP has ran out and I can't find anywhere to get it, it seems to have stopped being sold?? Can anyone find a place to buy it, or if not any other options - preferably not Dan's BP as I live in the uk (charges etc).

Thanks

MemberMember
(@xzipzapx)

Posted : 02/26/2013 1:48 pm

Hey

I was using the panoxyl gel with BP in it for years ... until they stopped making it!

I'm in the UK too ... Not sure if this is useful info for you but There's a cream called Quinoderm, it has BP in it too. I've been using that for the last few weeks, I've been able to order it from my local boots store, I usually order 3 at a time just in case it disappears too.

I think you can only get it in 5% or 10% strength though. They also make a really good facewash, I usually buy this online from chemist direct or pharmacy2u.

Hope this helps :)

MemberMember
(@adam2126)

Posted : 02/26/2013 2:18 pm

Hmm not too sure about 5%, my skin is very sensitive to BP, last time I used 5% I got cuts and everything, people asked me if I had a shaving accident, or if I had a cat scratch me :( I couldn't eat either because I could barely open my mouth and struggled to even speak, I have heard VERY good things about the face wash though, could it be used as the cleanser in the regimen?

Thanks

MemberMember
(@xzipzapx)

Posted : 02/28/2013 11:28 am

When I first started using the BP my skin was like that too ... lots of areas of 'splitting' which looked like small red cuts, my skin felt really tight on my face and if I yawned it was painful. I also experienced the cuts around the corners of my mouth :(

I found a good moisturiser which I started using every morning and after a few weeks my skin was back to normal and all those 'cuts' disappeared ... I think the stronger strengths take a while to get used to and you definitely need to use a moisturiser afterwards ... but the results were great after that and I didn't experience the unpleasant side effects again.

I'm not too sure if it could be used as a cleanser though.

The quinoderm facewash is great, I've been using it about a week now, and my skin feels so much softer after washing, I haven't had any new massive cystic spots or any of those painful under the skin ones since. I don't think the face wash has BP in it though.

My GP has just prescribed me Finacea gel 15%, I picked it up yesterday. I have some 'left over' bumps from really bad acne recently. I've used this cream once so far and it reduced the size of them all dramatically! So that might be worth a look at too?

MemberMember
(@adam2126)

Posted : 02/28/2013 1:51 pm

Thanks, could you keep me up to date with you and your finacea gel? Cheers

Hey, just to let you all know, I have ordered Dan's BP, I managed to nab some oxy on the spot from a friend, so will use that until it arrives. Anyone have any advice/tips or anything at all? Thanks

MemberMember
(@xzipzapx)

Posted : 03/03/2013 1:21 pm

Hey

Just an update on the Finacea gel - I stopped using the BP cream and have been using the Finacea gel now for almost a week and have to say its been great so far. Although my GP recommended I use it twice a day, I've been using it just once at night and it seems to be fine that way ... if I somehow build up resistance to it in future then I will try twice a day.

No new cystic acne has come up, and no new smaller spots either! It has also reduced the size of some of the visible pores that I had before, and even some of the red marks from old spots :)

I haven't had any reactions to it either like dry skin or flakiness (touch wood) so I would definitely recommend it, with use alongside the Quinoderm face wash.

Hope this helps.