Notifications
Clear all

Does Anyone Break Out From Kiwifruit?

MemberMember
(@gingergirl22)

Posted : 02/26/2013 10:29 am

I'm just wondering if kiwifruit causes breakouts for many people. It's so nutritious, I hope that isn't what's causing the recent breakout.

MemberMember
(@0mfg)

Posted : 02/28/2013 3:25 am

I don't breakout from kiwi!

MemberMember
(@alternativista)

Posted : 02/28/2013 11:31 am

I think it's pretty uncommon to be intolerant to them you weren't binging on them were you? I'd consider what else you were doing.

MemberMember
(@austra)

Posted : 02/28/2013 12:08 pm

I used to be slightly allergic to kiwis as a kid and got tingling in my mouth etc if I ate one. But this is the Ig4-type of instant allergic reaction and I don't know if it can cause acne. My reaction was most likely related to my pollen allergy, and I got it from apples and carrots as well. I don't get any symptoms from kiwis or other fruit anymore.

MemberMember
(@gingergirl22)

Posted : 03/01/2013 3:43 am

I'm glad to hear it isn't a common problem. I've added a few new foods lately and I really didn't want kiwifruit to be the culprit. We are eating one a day lately, which seems reasonable. I'm just getting a little paranoid since my son broke out so badly from a week on fish oil supplements.

MemberMember
(@f93d)

Posted : 03/02/2013 2:44 am

If you eat kiwi, you also eat other fruit?

All fruit causes me problems unfortunately, especially sweet ones, so I just cut it all out for now.

Hope to add it back in once I'm clear.