Notifications
Clear all

Jawline Break Out

MemberMember
(@whyme0112)

Posted : 02/25/2013 11:10 pm

I'm a male , 19 years old.

I work out every other day. Strict diet. No diary no suger etc.. Eat healthy, a lot of veggies and protein.

I wash my face each workout and 2 times a day.

The past few years I've been fighting this ance war and i tried all the methods.

I tried proactive, clean n clear, Neutrogena, None really worked.

Clean n clear were great, take out all my black heads until my skin got immune to it.

I don't touch my face at all.

I drink zero calories Vitamin water

Eat a least 1 apple a day.

Right now I suffering from white head almost every part of my face. The most annoying one is jawline ance. Cyst n giant pimple with large amount of blood under it. I left it alone hoping it would go away but it did not, it becomes black and after few months i had to squeeze out the dark blood. So my biggest problem now is my jawline

I did a lot of research of jawline ance and they said it's imbalance hormonal and i tried to take fish oil but no improvement.

I also take Mega Men Sport vitamins (for workout) and it has Zinc in it.

Here are some pics, I hope you guys can help me out. I'm new to the forum btw.

I never been to a dermatologist and i heard a lot of cases where they give you stuff that temporary fix for a while but ruins your skin later on.

post-202550-0-38618200-1361851733_thumb.

post-202550-0-75225100-1361851745_thumb.

post-202550-0-38618200-1361851733_thumb.

post-202550-0-75225100-1361851745_thumb.

MemberMember
(@bryzer03)

Posted : 02/25/2013 11:17 pm

Try 2,000 mg of evening primrose oil, especially if it's a hormonal imbalance. It's an Omega-6 that helps to balance hormones. It can take up to 3 months to see the full effect.

Also, have you tried diluted tea tree oil and a gluten-free diet? This was a decent "all-natural" solution for me, but my acne was really stubborn so I required something more potent.

Finally, Proactiv recently came out with a new line of products called Proactiv+. It's 2 doses of BPO 2.5% each and 1 dose of Salicylic Acid .5%. I recently began using it, and I really like it. I know about the blood-filled acne that you're talking about, and Proactiv+ has completely drained these within a few days.

If you do anything, go gluten-free. You will see a huge reduction in irritation and inflammation within a week. =)

MemberMember
(@leelowe1)

Posted : 02/26/2013 6:03 am

You won't know if a derm will work for you unless you try. Many people have had success with them so if you have insurance, do go to see one as that type of acne can scar and it is more expensive to treat scarring than the actual acne itself.

One suggestion, try to stay away from antibiotics if offered.

If you do want to try non derm products/methods first, try:

the regimen (it has cleared up a few people with acne like yours)

strict paleo (no grains, etc)

Good Luck and Welcome to the forum

You couldn't have picked a better place to be.

MemberMember
(@whyme0112)

Posted : 02/26/2013 12:47 pm

I don't get these omega 3 and 6 at all. I research some and it said :

"omega-6 fatty acids tend to increase inflammation (an important component of the immune response), blood clotting, and cell proliferation, while those from omega-3 fatty acids decrease those functions.Both families of hormones must be in balance to maintain optimum health."

I'm suppose to take 2 of each daily ?

I believe I have plenty of vitamin from my work out diet and all the vitamin stuff im taking.

I'm going to give probiotic a try but there are so many in CVS n online etc.. anyone can give me a link to a decent one ?

Also going to give proactiv another chance, if it doesn't work then i will try Avene.

Thanks guys !!

MemberMember
(@nicmic62)

Posted : 02/28/2013 8:28 pm

Cystic acne is the worst!!!

I try to stay away from dairy and sugar as much as possible. Sometimes it can't be avoided though. :(

Have you tried going on the benzoyl peroxide (not proactiv)? I'd had cystic acne for the longest time and following Dan's regimen has really really helped!

MemberMember
(@green-gables)

Posted : 03/03/2013 12:47 am

If I were a male with your level of acne, I would do this:

1) Try The Regimen for 2 months. If you are seeing no improvement, then

2) Go on Accutane.

I rarely recommend Accutane, but unfortunately it is probably the best solution for males with severe acne like yours since the hormonal treatment options for males are very limited.

MemberMember
(@whyme0112)

Posted : 03/27/2013 3:48 pm

Hey Guys,

I tried Proactive plus for 3 weeks and it didn't work for me. It made my face even worse and i get ance at spots that i didnt get any before.

After I cancelled Proactive Plus, they charged me another $97. This made me so mad. This might works for others but it's not for me.

I stayed off gluten and diary but no improvement :(

Any other ways ?

MemberMember
(@fashionmoney)

Posted : 03/27/2013 7:18 pm

Hey Guys,

I tried Proactive plus for 3 weeks and it didn't work for me. It made my face even worse and i get ance at spots that i didnt get any before.

After I cancelled Proactive Plus, they charged me another $97. This made me so mad. This might works for others but it's not for me.

I stayed off gluten and diary but no improvement :(

Any other ways ?

Any acne medication will talk longer than 3 Weeks to show improvements, however I wish you told us you were gonna try proactive. I tried that stupid shit & it ain't work for me. Proactive is a scam, my doctor (he's not a dermatologist, he's my family doctor since I was born) so he wouldn't lie to me told me that proactive is nothing but bp then they add other shit in there & name it proactive. If I were you I would try epiduo gel that's what I use and works wonders.

However there will be a initial breakout before you start improving. If that scares you away I don't know what to tell you, because 99.9% Of products will do that.

MemberMember
(@whyme0112)

Posted : 03/27/2013 10:15 pm

Thank you for ur info, I'll make sure not to make the same mistake again. But I'm trying to find the source of the problem. No more products for my skins for a while. It need some healing from all the dry skins etc

MemberMember
(@fashionmoney)

Posted : 03/28/2013 1:23 am

Thank you for ur info, I'll make sure not to make the same mistake again. But I'm trying to find the source of the problem. No more products for my skins for a while. It need some healing from all the dry skins etc

I understand you, at least moisturize and use a cleanser or you'll breakout really bad. You need to use something if you have acne prone skin (which I think everyone on this site does)

MemberMember
(@whyme0112)

Posted : 04/24/2013 10:43 am

Hey guys ! back on my updating my progress. So I stopped going to the gym, turn out.. lifting weight was somewhat part of the cause of my jawline ance. I stopped and my ance didn't come out as much anymore. But it is still there, I went to a dermatologist, he prescribed Epiduo and Doxycycline to me. He told me he can't put me on Accutane unless antibiotic failed.

I do not have insurance so I do not know how much these will cost me yet.

So what should I do ? Should i go with this ?

MemberMember
(@newtoacne)

Posted : 04/24/2013 9:52 pm

I use to have acne like that on my jawline. I used to get lots of whiteheads and under the skin pimples there then I bought tea tree oil and I put it on almost every night and day for a week and I havent really gotten any there anymore. Now I break out on the right side of my face....