Notifications
Clear all

Let's Connect - Anyone Else From Nyc

MemberMember
(@leelowe1)

Posted : 02/25/2013 10:45 pm

Hey guys! As all of you know, having acne, no matter how mild or moderate it is, can be a daunting thing. It can lead us to isolate ourselves and contribute to our already fragile self esteem. It becomes especially hard dealing with it when it seems that everyone around you has passed that stage. I personally find that knowing or being able to be around people with acne makes me feel less self conscious and somewhat at home. This had me thinking that maybe there were other people out there who felt the same as i did.

So what do i propose? Not sure exactly but was wondering if anyone from the NYC area would be interested in forming a local support group (both online and in person) where we could discuss all things acne but also just get to know new people who share something in common (acne) and can relate to the feelings that come along with that.

As i said, just something that i was thinking about

MemberMember
(@dejaclairevoyant)

Posted : 02/26/2013 9:15 am

I would be interested if I was there. But I live way down South. Good luck though! You won't necessarily find people locally on this forum but I imagine if you make a post on craiglist you will. So many people in NYC and I imagine a bunch of them have acne and are feeling depressed. Who knows, you could really help someone!

MemberMember
(@someclearday)

Posted : 02/26/2013 10:42 am

I think that's an awesome idea. I feel like there's a group for everything and I always see people doing "meet ups" for various things. I live in FL but I'd be down

MemberMember
(@eatsrainbows)

Posted : 02/26/2013 11:41 am

What a fantastic idea! I'd love to join but I live in England... bit of a long way to travel ;) Good luck with it though :)

MemberMember
(@leelowe1)

Posted : 02/26/2013 8:06 pm

Thanks for the responses guys and gals. That always seems to be the issue....everyone is so far away. Wil keep searching though.

Hope you all are doing well

MemberMember
(@awesomenesssquared)

Posted : 02/28/2013 1:43 am

While my acne has calmed down...(had a sudden onslaught of cystic acne about a year ago) since I just finished accutane two~months ago...I now have pretty moderate/severe scarring and absolutely hate feeling isolated. I am from NYC (go to school in Long island) and would totally go to a get together like this if you could organize it.

you would have my support and I would try my best to make it.

MemberMember
(@zulu59)

Posted : 03/01/2013 1:34 pm

I am in NYC! I think this is a great idea! Where in the city are you located

MemberMember
(@leelowe1)

Posted : 03/02/2013 6:57 am

While my acne has calmed down...(had a sudden onslaught of cystic acne about a year ago) since I just finished accutane two~months ago...I now have pretty moderate/severe scarring and absolutely hate feeling isolated. I am from NYC (go to school in Long island) and would totally go to a get together like this if you could organize it.

Cool!. Hopefully more people are interested as well!

I am in NYC! I think this is a great idea! Where in the city are you located

Hi, i just read your introductory post. I live in Queens but work in Manhattan (i can pretty much travel -which New Yorker doesn't right?)

It would be great for all of us to connect and just share ideas but also to be around people going through the same thing (maybe see a movie, explore, etc).

I am definitely up for organizing this

MemberMember
(@livinglou92)

Posted : 03/04/2013 1:09 am

i am an acne sufferer from brooklyn, new york and i would be down for this, i feel it can help for sure.

MemberMember
(@leelowe1)

Posted : 03/04/2013 5:56 pm

i am an acne sufferer from brooklyn, new york and i would be down for this, i feel it can help for sure.

Very cool. It would be great to connect with others.

MemberMember
(@nakedsmurf)

Posted : 03/04/2013 5:58 pm

I live in LA :(

MemberMember
(@leelowe1)

Posted : 03/04/2013 6:02 pm

I live in LA sad.png

Despair not...maybe you can start your own LA meetup group

MemberMember
(@leelowe1)

Posted : 03/14/2013 8:40 pm

Ok, so i would love to get this going as the weather is getting nice - ok, not really, but spring is right around the corner. When is everyone free and what would you all like to meet up and do?

MemberMember
(@randall-flagg)

Posted : 03/15/2013 1:49 am

I think it's a great idea and forming a real life support group of this kind will probably help a lot of people. I'm a little too far away...down in West Virginia, but I'd definitely go if I lived closer. Good luck to you guys.

MemberMember
(@jjn)

Posted : 03/17/2013 10:35 am

I think it would be a good idea only if we can do other things then talk about acne. It'll be a way to get meet other people and get our minds off of thinking about how crappy acne is. We don't need a meetup to turn into an acne support group because that is what this forum is for.

MemberMember
(@leelowe1)

Posted : 03/17/2013 5:53 pm

Good Point - thats why i also asked what everyone else wanted to do. NY can be such a fun place. I'm up for anything....

MemberMember
(@brooklyn718)

Posted : 05/29/2013 6:29 pm

Hey,

Im from NYC and would like to meet up with someone to talk to about these damn scars that are taking such an emotional impact on my life, i also had treatments for it.

MemberMember
(@tim714)

Posted : 05/31/2013 2:29 am

It's a great idea , not sure if I'm ready for it just yet though.

MemberMember
(@ibiza1987)

Posted : 05/31/2013 6:43 am

I am two hours away from NYC! :)

Is everyone still up for doing this?

MemberMember
(@leelowe1)

Posted : 05/31/2013 5:23 pm

I am the original poster and i am definitely down for this. Anytime in later July or August works for me

MemberMember
(@brooklyn718)

Posted : 06/01/2013 11:16 am

iam! i think it will be fun !

MemberMember
(@leelowe1)

Posted : 06/02/2013 7:56 am

iam! i think it will be fun !

i used to live in Brooklyn - i now live in Queens. Where in Brooklyn are you from?

Ok people, if you are serious about meeting up, please PM me with your name, location, possible meet up times and what you would want to do. Want to do this sometime in late July/early August. We all deserve to have some fun without having to put on a show regarding our skin.