Notifications
Clear all

Can Someone Please Help With My Situation?

MemberMember
(@carmusen)

Posted : 02/25/2013 10:42 pm

Hi. So I only started wearing makeup recently but I've watched lots of makeup tutorials and tried different makeup products. Right now I'm using Vichy Dermablend liquid foundation (I have the perfect color) and Ben Nye concealer and Smashbox primer. All three work like magic.

However, 5 hours after putting my makeup on in the morning, shit happens. Later on in the day, my face becomes really oily.

1.) Yes, I do wear moisturizer;

2.) Yes, I did try an anti-oil product and no, I'm not trying it again because the foundation becomes clumps and forms small balls of solid substance whenever I apply it--the anti-oil/anti-shine product resists the foundation;

3.) Yes, I tried the blotching pad. So whenever I put the makeup on, my indented acne scars pretty much becomes invisible. The foundation looks smooth and even. But whenever I blotch my face with the pad, some of the foundation comes off and the foundation looks uneven and my acne scars become visible. This is even worse when I use toilet paper.

So I guess my question is, how do you retouch makeup later on in the day and maintain the look that you had when you just put your makeup on?

MemberMember
(@ayeaye)

Posted : 02/25/2013 10:58 pm

However, 5 hours after putting my makeup on in the morning, shit happens. Later on in the day, my face becomes really oily.

LOL, I'm still cracking up over this comment. Its so true though isnt it? Spend time putting on makeup and it looks great, and then later in the day you catch a glimpse of yourself in the mirror and you think "what the hell happened?".

I don't think there is any good answer to this. It sounds like you've tried most methods for combating oily skin while wearing makeup, and the truth is there is no method that will 'fix up' your makeup during the day so that it looks just as good as it did when you first applied it.

A primer designed for oily skin may help somewhat but I think the best thing to do is to try and not touch your face. Even if its oily, the foundation should still be sitting ok. If it isnt and its important to you that you look as fresh as a daisy later in the day then use makeup wipes and take of your foundation in your t-zone and quickly reapply in that area. That's the best solution I can come up with apart from "embrace the shine". smile.png

But still, at least you made me chuckle. That's the main thing! grinwink.gif

MemberMember
(@marniemarie)

Posted : 02/27/2013 12:49 am

Do you use a powder as well? If not, that might be just what you need. Theres a plethora of translucent finishing powders out there if you're happy with your coverage and don't need pigment- the powder that goes with your foundation (the Vichy Dermablend setting powder) is awesome for setting the foundation/oil reduction/mattifying.

Or, you could do what I do and go with something pigmented- I use a discontinued Korres compact, but I find most high quality non-comedogenic pressed powder compacts to be fairly similar, since i'm using them for finishing rather than coverage. What I love about a pressed powder compact is that if you match the shade right it does double duty- I brush it on with a big soft brush to set it the morning, and pop it in my purse for touch ups. Bring along a makeup sponge and do your touch-ups with powder instead of liquid- the coverage will nullify any removal of pigment, and it should mattify you too.

Hope this is helpful? If you're already wearing powder and left that info out, I really have no tips to offer xD. Except for maybe switching to a new one, because the right one can really be magic for oily skin.

MemberMember
(@kaslitsa)

Posted : 02/27/2013 10:39 am

Have you tried a primer? Bare minerals makes a pretty good primer that doesn't make me break out, which is applied before foundation. Also Mac makes a "finishing spray", which holds makeup in place very well, but i would not recommend it for use on an everyday basis.

MemberMember
(@ghost08)

Posted : 03/01/2013 2:59 pm

I'd try the Ben Nye makeup setting spray. :)