Notifications
Clear all

Spf Is Coming This Spring

Member Admin
(@dan)

Posted : 02/25/2013 4:00 pm

At long last an Acne.org SPF is on its way.
_____
When: It should be for sale this Spring.
What sizes: It will be sold in an 8oz. bottle and 16oz. bottle for now, but may be available in an 8oz. tube in the future.
SPF rating: After FDA required testing, results are in and it will have an SPF rating of 16. I made sure to choose active ingredients which produce true broad spectrum UVA/UVB protection.
Price: We have not priced it yet. It will be a bit more expensive than the regular Moisturizer since it costs quite a bit more to produce, but we'll do everything we can to keep the price as low as possible.
_____
Thanks for your undying patience with this. I can't wait to hear what you think of it. Follow us on twitter or like us on Facebook to be kept in the loop on when it's available.
post-22514-0-65024500-1361830184_thumb.p

post-22514-0-65024500-1361830184_thumb.p

MemberMember
(@random1)

Posted : 03/05/2013 3:51 pm

At long last an Acne.org SPF is on its way.
_____
When: It should be for sale this Spring.
What sizes: It will be sold in an 8oz. bottle and 16oz. bottle for now, but may be available in an 8oz. tube in the future.
SPF rating: After FDA required testing, results are in and it will have an SPF rating of 16. I made sure to choose active ingredients which produce true broad spectrum UVA/UVB protection.
Price: We have not priced it yet. It will be a bit more expensive than the regular Moisturizer since it costs quite a bit more to produce, but we'll do everything we can to keep the price as low as possible.
_____
Thanks for your undying patience with this. I can't wait to hear what you think of it. Follow us on twitter or like us on Facebook to be kept in the loop on when it's available.

BROMYGOD !! I HAVE WAITED YEARS FOR THIS AND ITS FINALLY COME TRUE

DAN YOU ARE A BOSS!!!

MemberMember
(@hopperkowalski)

Posted : 03/05/2013 11:43 pm

Early spring or late spring? I need to figure out whether to order another bottle of regular moisturizer or if I should just wait...

MemberMember
(@brizzle82)

Posted : 03/13/2013 8:36 am

awesome! will this be recommended for use every day in place of the regular moisturizer? how will it compare as far as hydrating the skin?

MemberMember
(@dejaclairevoyant)

Posted : 03/13/2013 9:24 am

Is it going to be in the lotion? As in, can we just use the SPF lotion instead of the regular?

(@LewisS)

Posted : 03/13/2013 11:11 am

This kinda makes me want to start the regimen again, but I can't handle the flakiness!

I'm planning on starting the regimen again once the weather gets a little nicer. Will I be able to buy the whole regimen with the SPF moisturiser (without the normal moisturiser) or would I have to get it separately? I don't really see why I'd need both that's all.

MemberMember
(@dejaclairevoyant)

Posted : 03/15/2013 6:48 am

Yeah I agree. I want a lotion JUST like the lotion you make already--but with SPF. Pleeease do this?

MemberMember
(@ripon10)

Posted : 03/15/2013 10:26 am

SPF 16 isn't strong enough for being out in the sun all day. It should be fine for being in the sun for a few minutes here and there throughout the day and driving, but definitely not if you're going to the pool, the beach, or being outdoors for any more than 30 minutes at a time.

After all this time it has taken, I'm disappointed he'd come out with such a mild SPF formula. SPF 30 would strongly be advised for any extended sun exposure.

(@Anonymous)

Posted : 03/15/2013 3:59 pm

delete

MemberMember
(@ripon10)

Posted : 03/15/2013 4:08 pm

Actually, anyone using benzoyl peroxide, AHA, sal acid, or anything should strive to find a better SPF if they're going to be in the sun for any length of time.

I'm in the sun a lot during the summer. I've help run a swim team for the past 7 years. My SPF 30 is pretty good, but sometimes I can get pink as well.

Many people are out in the sun during the summer for extended periods of time. Dan's sunscreen is probably okay for many during the wintertime. During the summer, SPF 16 will not effectively protect people's skin.

MemberMember
(@dejaclairevoyant)

Posted : 03/16/2013 10:09 am

I did a little research and have to agree with the others. It seems that such a low spf doesn't make sense considering this lotion is supposed to be specifically designed for those on the regimen. Why not a higher spf?

MemberMember
(@brandolynn)

Posted : 03/16/2013 1:11 pm

The aim of the spf moisturizer is to protect against incidental sun exposure that we all get as we go about our normal daily lives, but it isn't meant to protect you for long periods outdoors or sunbathing. Also, remember there are other ways of protecting your skin such as wide brimmed hats and seeking shade when outdoors (when possible).

MemberMember
(@anymedsrx)

Posted : 04/11/2013 1:02 pm

i know its silly question but i want to now what is SPF?

MemberMember
(@ballen)

Posted : 04/16/2013 7:11 pm

i know its silly question but i want to now what is SPF?

Google "SPF sunscreen" and go to wikipedia.

MemberMember
(@skintuition)

Posted : 04/16/2013 7:23 pm

I see a lot of people here in the comments saying that SPF 16 isn't enough, but the way I look at it is, it's better to have some protection than none. There are also other measures you can take to avoid the sun on your face like hats or glasses.

This SPF looks really good for a day when it's partly cloudy, and you're going for a stroll in the park or perhaps relaxing on your lawn, maybe even chilling by the pool with an ice cold drink.

For amusement parks and beaches - or days when it's going to be really, really hot and sunny I would go with SPF 30 or higher, but this SPF looks great! I can't wait to try it. It seems very convenient (having a moisturizer AND sunscreen in one) it's really hard to find good moisturizing SPF's.

KEEP UP THE GOOD WORK ACNE.ORG!

MemberMember
(@meralene)

Posted : 04/27/2013 7:45 am

We are now nearing May. Can anyone... Daniel?... give a better idea of when the SPF moisturizer will be available? I really need to place an order, but I've been waiting for the SPF availability. Not only am I excited to try it, but I'm nearly out of both my cleanser & moisturizer anyway. Should I order or is it worth waiting just a little longer?

MemberMember
(@ghiggz)

Posted : 04/28/2013 5:16 pm

We are now nearing May. Can anyone... Daniel?... give a better idea of when the SPF moisturizer will be available? I really need to place an order, but I've been waiting for the SPF availability. Not only am I excited to try it, but I'm nearly out of both my cleanser & moisturizer anyway. Should I order or is it worth waiting just a little longer?

I second that. Just give us a rough estimate of when we can place our orders. It's alright if it doesn't end up being correct.

MemberMember
(@fouzer)

Posted : 11/12/2013 4:01 am

Early Spring... Late Spring... Early Fall... Mid Fall... Late Fall... ?? Maybe Dan forgot to mention WHICH "Early Spring" and we should be looking for this in Spring 2014?

I would love to see this product...

MemberMember
(@meralene)

Posted : 11/15/2013 2:47 pm

I commented here in May and I send the sentiment of the new member who commented on 11/12. When is this SPF coming???

MemberMember
(@brandolynn)

Posted : 11/15/2013 8:05 pm

Here's the most recent issue with the spf:

So, at this time the spf development has been put on hold. Dan made a comprehensive spf info page with our best recommendations here: http://www.acne.org/spf.html

Hope that helps!