Notifications
Clear all

Doxycycline, Probiotic And Betadine

MemberMember
(@jpaul)

Posted : 02/25/2013 2:58 pm

Hi everyone. Well let's get started.

I've been a sufferer of mild to moderate cystic acne ever since I was 17, I am now 29 and the severity hasn't subsided at all in those years. I've been on every topical treatment out there and nothing has worked. If I had to pick a topical treatment that had the most beneficial results it was 10% BP twice a day.

2 months ago I bought a bottle of Clindamycin 300mg (I think, I forgot the name and the doseage) I noticed a difference after 3 days. Everything started drying up! I was exstactic over the fast results. After a month I had nothing left but scars from where the pre existing acne was. I ordered 3 months worth of Doxycycline Hyclate 100mg on Feb 20th and won't receive it for two weeks. I am already 5 days in to it. So I haven't been taking any antibiotics in that period and I have flared up a little in that time. I currently have 2 cysts that are bearly even there, not very sensitive but are slightly red and they're going away already. I also had 4 whiteheads in the same time period which I popped and they're all gone. So even though I did experience a very minor flare up they (besides the cysts) disappeared as fast as they came. As of today I have no major pimple or cyst on my face being off the Clindamycin for 5 days... And I hope it stays that way till I get my Doxycycline.

My regimin, Clyndamycin/Doxycycline for acne 2x a day, 10 billion celled Probiotic to counteract the negatives of the antibiotic 2x a day 2 hours before or after taking the antibiotic and Betadine Iodine for a topical treatment 2x a day.

The Probiotic does wonders in hardening up my #2 from the side effects of the antibiotic as it also replenishes all of the beneficial bacteria that gets stripped away from the antibiotic... Although I am not on any antibiotics I am still taking the Probiotic 2x a day. I recommend buying a Probiotic that has a minimum of 10 billion cells which contain L. Ramnosus, L. Acidophilus and B. Bifidum. Keep stored in the fridge as heat will cause the bacteria to die and will render the Probiotic useless. All dermatologist will recommend taking a probiotic while on antibiotics for a prolonged period.

The Betadine Iodine is what all hospitals use to kill surface bacteria. It is a topical antibiotic. It smells like band aids and is orange in color. I wash with this 2x a day in the shower. I apply the Betadine directly to my face apply evenly and leave it on till you rinse off completely. I use to mix it with cetephil 2 pumps in hand with 5 to 6 drops on Betadine. But apply the Betadine directly works the best since the cetaphil diluted the Betadine. Just pour in hand and slap it on your face. At night I use a qtip and spot treat any problematic areas or on existing acne and leave it on over night and wash it off in the am.

My regimen works like a charm and I got super fast results. I cannot wait till I get my Doxycycline in the mail so I can get back on my full regimen. It feels so good to be able to kick acne in the butt! Get off my face.

If anyone has questions just post and I'll answer them the best I can.