Can You Use Benzoyl...

Notifications
Clear all

Can You Use Benzoyl Peroxide On Only Certain Areas Of The Face? I Only Break Out On Temples And Neck

MemberMember
(@chrissy-cambell)

Posted : 02/25/2013 2:57 pm

Basically I dont want to use benzoyl peroxide as the cheeks of my face are very sensitive and even turn bright red when a bit of sunlight touches them, however I dont get acne on my cheeks, only the od pimples which is very easy to clear up, no scars etc.

However it is acne I get on my neck (I am very dark, have very quick stuble) and also get it on the temples of my head. It is my neck and temples where acne is very cystic.

Is it OK to use use the benzoyl peroxide on my neck and temples. How can I ease myself intot he treatment so I dont turn to red to quickly?

cheers

MemberMember
(@rjt623)

Posted : 02/25/2013 3:19 pm

Basically I dont want to use benzoyl peroxide as the cheeks of my face are very sensitive and even turn bright red when a bit of sunlight touches them, however I dont get acne on my cheeks, only the od pimples which is very easy to clear up, no scars etc.

However it is acne I get on my neck (I am very dark, have very quick stuble) and also get it on the temples of my head. It is my neck and temples where acne is very cystic.

Is it OK to use use the benzoyl peroxide on my neck and temples. How can I ease myself intot he treatment so I dont turn to red to quickly?

cheers

I currently only use benzoyl peroxide on my chin area, because as an adult my breakouts have become isolated to that part of my face. So there's really no need for me to use it all over my face anymore.

As far as easing in, I would suggest starting with light application, maybe once per day, then increase to twice per day and see how that goes.

MemberMember
(@kevindreed)

Posted : 02/26/2013 9:34 am

If you use it on the neck you need to moisturize imediately as soon as the bp drys. And make sure your moisturizor is working. Because the neck gets dry super fast in as little as 3 days for me, and it gets so dry I cant put no bp.

MemberMember
(@ayeaye)

Posted : 02/27/2013 3:20 am

yes, I would agree with just applying to your problem areas at first and see how you go.

Good luck! :)

MemberMember
(@dejaclairevoyant)

Posted : 02/27/2013 11:36 am

It wouldn't technically be "the regimen" but I don't see why you couldn't use a modified version of the plan on a small area of the skin.

Just be careful, because when I tried this, all of the acne began "running away" from the medicine and I started getting cystic breakouts all over my cheeks instead of just my chin like I used to. I have no idea how acne is intelligent enough to move to an unmedicated area, but it did. The only thing that helps me is doing my whole face.

Good luck!

MemberMember
(@xxyy)

Posted : 02/27/2013 2:19 pm

It wouldn't technically be "the regimen" but I don't see why you couldn't use a modified version of the plan on a small area of the skin.

Just be careful, because when I tried this, all of the acne began "running away" from the medicine and I started getting cystic breakouts all over my cheeks instead of just my chin like I used to. I have no idea how acne is intelligent enough to move to an unmedicated area, but it did. The only thing that helps me is doing my whole face.

Good luck!

holy crap this happened to me too! I just shrugged it off and thought "surely not" but now I know this has happened to someone else. God knows how that works but it goes to show how little we (and scientists) really know about acne.

MemberMember
(@nicmic62)

Posted : 03/05/2013 12:06 am

Good luck!

holy crap this happened to me too! I just shrugged it off and thought "surely not" but now I know this has happened to someone else. God knows how that works but it goes to show how little we (and scientists) really know about acne.

This happened to me as well. I really only get major break outs on my jawline, but then acne just started coming out on my forehead and nose. I dunno what is up with that so I gave in and decided to just do the regimen on my whole face.

MemberMember
(@wahh)

Posted : 08/12/2015 2:42 pm

I've been using the bp only on my forehead and chin, these areas cleared up. However, it caused my skin to produce more oil everywhere else on my face to compensate for the forehead and chin. Wish I never used this. I look like a grease ball now.