Notifications
Clear all

Anyone Used Hibiclens Before?

MemberMember
(@lostinthefog87)

Posted : 02/24/2013 11:23 pm

My dermatologist told me that hibiclens might help with my acne. Anyone ever had any success with this? I just started using it 2 days ago and pimples are still popping up. I'm going to give it 2-5 weeks and see how my skin reacts to it

And to those who have tried it, is it safe to use a cleanser before hand? I've read only that using topicals along with the hibiclens soap can deactive the medicine in it.

MemberMember
(@xpaperbackwriterx)

Posted : 02/25/2013 12:38 am

That stuff is awesome. Ive used it foe two weeks now and my skin is already fifty percent clearer. Seriously try it Also great if you have body acne and if you use ir under your arms you almost never need deoderant. just don't get it in your eyes.

Sorry about the typos...im on my phone.

Oh and also, I use facial towelette before and it works fine. I let it sorry for two or three minutes before i wash it off, and then i put salicylic acid toner over it and a spot treatment. These things don't seem to lessen it's effectiveness, because I was doing the same regimen with a different cleanser for a couple months beforehand and did not get near the results this has given me.

sit* not sorry

MemberMember
(@lostinthefog87)

Posted : 02/25/2013 2:50 am

That stuff is awesome. Ive used it foe two weeks now and my skin is already fifty percent clearer. Seriously try it Also great if you have body acne and if you use ir under your arms you almost never need deoderant. just don't get it in your eyes.

Sorry about the typos...im on my phone.

Oh and also, I use facial towelette before and it works fine. I let it sorry for two or three minutes before i wash it off, and then i put salicylic acid toner over it and a spot treatment. These things don't seem to lessen it's effectiveness, because I was doing the same regimen with a different cleanser for a couple months beforehand and did not get near the results this has given me.

sit* not sorry

Thanks for your reply. How quickly did you begin to see improvement?

Do you use your hands or a cotton ball to apply it? Its very liquidy and hard to apply to the face.

MemberMember
(@xpaperbackwriterx)

Posted : 02/25/2013 7:09 pm

Within a couple weeks, though for everyone it varies. I use the generic version from walgreens, called Antiseptic Skin Cleaser, that has the same ingredients but is less expensive and does not contain the comedogenic red dye that Hibiclens does. It's mildly watery, but I usually just pour it in the cupped palm of my left hand and then lather my hands together before I put it on my face (the walgreens kind, I've heard, also lathers a bit more, but I suppose evenly distributing it on your hands can have the same effect.)

MemberMember
(@lostinthefog87)

Posted : 02/26/2013 5:52 pm

bump