Notifications
Clear all

Topical Spironolactone?

MemberMember
(@emmieri)

Posted : 02/24/2013 11:18 pm

My derm just perscribed me a topical version of spironolactione and said it was a new thing dermatologists are doing.

I've taken the pills before but never a topical. Anyone have before?

Thanks!

MemberMember
(@green-gables)

Posted : 02/25/2013 2:30 pm

My derm just perscribed me a topical version of spironolactione and said it was a new thing dermatologists are doing.

I've taken the pills before but never a topical. Anyone have before?

Thanks!

I've heard that topical spiro was being done in preliminary studies, but didn't know that it was already out to practicing derms. There is someone who was in the study in the Research forum somewhere on acne.org

MemberMember
(@emmieri)

Posted : 03/10/2013 12:54 pm

thanks. If anyone else reading this is curious, the topical treatment is going well. It's kind of a liquid consistancy--like a toner. I had a little breakout initially, but it's clearing up nicely and as of right now I have no active marks with no side effects. We'll see how it goes!

MemberMember
(@tracy521)

Posted : 03/11/2013 10:07 am

very cool! hey what is the name of it? i was just wondering incase i want to ask my derm about it.

MemberMember
(@emmieri)

Posted : 03/13/2013 1:37 am

very cool! hey what is the name of it? i was just wondering incase i want to ask my derm about it.

There is no name, I just had to get it compounded.

MemberMember
(@tracy521)

Posted : 03/13/2013 8:12 am

oh ok good to know - thanks!

MemberMember
(@talenaabrams)

Posted : 06/21/2013 6:49 pm

Can you post an update to this? I have been taking spironolactone for a couple years and I'm really interested in switching to topical if it works. Any details you have would be very helpful! Thanks! :)