Notifications
Clear all

Suggestions Please! (Pics)

MemberMember
(@wishclean)

Posted : 02/24/2013 8:10 pm

I have persistent red marks (some active, some are scars that never faded). I posted recent pics on my log, along with my current regimen:

Any suggestions on what would be the most effective treatment for fading the red marks on my face???

MemberMember
(@xpaperbackwriterx)

Posted : 02/24/2013 8:55 pm

Derma-e spot treatment. It has some really great calming agents in it that I find help fade my red marks. Also, ice the spots in the morning and evening and it helps. If you hate the watery-ness you can put a spoon in the freezer and use it, or if you want to do your whole cheek find some solid metal cake servers (that look like un-slotted spatulas), freeze em, and put them on your cheeks. I find that spraying my face with strong green tea helps as well, and I think I heard that chamomile tea will help soothe the redness.

MemberMember
(@xpaperbackwriterx)

Posted : 02/24/2013 9:19 pm

Oh, and also, if you have a spot that is scabbed over, neosporin will really help heal it.

MemberMember
(@wishclean)

Posted : 02/26/2013 4:55 pm

Derma-e spot treatment. It has some really great calming agents in it that I find help fade my red marks. Also, ice the spots in the morning and evening and it helps. If you hate the watery-ness you can put a spoon in the freezer and use it, or if you want to do your whole cheek find some solid metal cake servers (that look like un-slotted spatulas), freeze em, and put them on your cheeks. I find that spraying my face with strong green tea helps as well, and I think I heard that chamomile tea will help soothe the redness.

Thanks for the suggestions! Unfortunately, derma-e did nothing for me when I tried it for about 2 weeks. I tried other derma-e products and some irritated my skin, which is weird because they are more natural than other products on the market. I'll try the icing method. Any other home remedies? Chamomile tea works sometimes, but for some reason my skin doesn't like anything with green tea in it. Does roiboos also work on red marks?

MemberMember
(@xpaperbackwriterx)

Posted : 02/26/2013 11:53 pm

On 2/27/2013 at 3:55 AM, WishClean said:
On 2/25/2013 at 7:55 AM, xpaperbackwriterx said:

Thanks for the suggestions! Unfortunately, derma-e did nothing for me when I tried it for about 2 weeks. I tried other derma-e products and some irritated my skin, which is weird because they are more natural than other products on the market. I'll try the icing method. Any other home remedies? Chamomile tea works sometimes, but for some reason my skin doesn't like anything with green tea in it. Does roiboos also work on red marks?

Here are some different herbs for teas that you could try. I find that calamine lotion really reduces my redness if I leave it on for a couple hours and then wash it off, but be careful because it can cause dryness if your skin is sensitive and if you leave it on for too long it may clog your pores (too long is different for everyone). Also, drinking tons of water and taking tumeric or even better Curcumin caplets can really help with inflamation (but make sure Curcumin wont interact with any other meds you're on).

MemberMember
(@wishclean)

Posted : 03/07/2013 1:12 pm

On 2/27/2013 at 10:53 AM, xpaperbackwriterx said:
On 2/27/2013 at 3:55 AM, WishClean said:
On 2/25/2013 at 7:55 AM, xpaperbackwriterx said:

Here are some different herbs for teas that you could try. I find that calamine lotion really reduces my redness if I leave it on for a couple hours and then wash it off, but be careful because it can cause dryness if your skin is sensitive and if you leave it on for too long it may clog your pores (too long is different for everyone). Also, drinking tons of water and taking tumeric or even better Curcumin caplets can really help with inflamation (but make sure Curcumin wont interact with any other meds you're on).

thanks for the suggestions!