Notifications
Clear all

Diet And Supplements Log

MemberMember
(@wishclean)

Posted : 02/24/2013 1:40 pm

I haven't updated with pictures in a while, so I wanted to document my progress on this log to motivate me to stay on track with my diet. I am still following the candida diet as best as I can. 10 days ago, I got another high-frequency facial treatment, which really helped calm down redness and irritation. My period messed my face up a bit, but now I'm back on track. My only concern is that I had been spotting for a week (a few brown spots of blood) before my period - has anyone experienced this while on saw palmetto? It seems to be a sign that my hormones are fluctuating, and hopefully in a good way!

The other major change I incorporated into my regimen is washing my face twice a day with spring water. I used to use deionized water but even that was too harsh for my face. Spring water makes my face feel calm and smooth, and makeup application is much easier.

Ok, here are some pics in chronological order....still a long way to go. post-161609-0-67373900-1361731233_thumb.post-161609-0-70918200-1361731234_thumb.post-161609-0-28977500-1361731292_thumb.post-161609-0-35882300-1361731293_thumb.post-161609-0-63915700-1361731294_thumb.post-161609-0-06935800-1361731296_thumb.

MemberMember
(@heyybrighteyes)

Posted : 02/24/2013 1:57 pm

yours is not worse! can i ask though, is it mostly red spots left after acne or active breakouts?

i have so many red spots on my face, and if i take a hot shower (which i try not to make it too hot but sometimes im cold lol) it seems like my whole face is covered in red spots, like they all surface and its just bleh :( the only nice skin i seem to have is the area around my eyes.

i havent noticed any spotting while taking saw palmetto, my period was regular for two months! and if it would have continued for 3 i would have gotten it a couple days ago... still waiting. and i have no symptoms right now? so thats weird.

you said you take 4 a day? does the bottle recommend 4?

i only take 2 of the 160mg and no clearetto.

but thats because i got the Peony and Licorice supplement which does the same thing as saw palmetto but i think it might be better for health, but i'm not too sure.

MemberMember
(@wishclean)

Posted : 02/24/2013 8:05 pm

yours is not worse! can i ask though, is it mostly red spots left after acne or active breakouts?

i have so many red spots on my face, and if i take a hot shower (which i try not to make it too hot but sometimes im cold lol) it seems like my whole face is covered in red spots, like they all surface and its just bleh sad.png the only nice skin i seem to have is the area around my eyes.

i havent noticed any spotting while taking saw palmetto, my period was regular for two months! and if it would have continued for 3 i would have gotten it a couple days ago... still waiting. and i have no symptoms right now? so thats weird.

but thats because i got the Peony and Licorice supplement which does the same thing as saw palmetto but i think it might be better for health, but i'm not too sure.

It's mostly red spots, but the ones near the jawline are active. I usually get persistent red spots after flare ups, but as long as they are flat I can at least disguise them with makeup. The steam from the hot water in the shower actually helps my skin, especially my pores but I never let shower water touch my face. When I wash my face in the morning I use cold water because hot water aggravates my red spots too. Have you tried washing your face with spring water?

The bottle of saw palmetto recommends 3 a day, but I take 4 because I read studies that said 600mg is the optimum dosage for the purpose I'm using it for (acne, PCOS etc). Maybe it's too much though because I'm still taking 1 clearetto a day...not sure.

How is the peony & licorice supplement working for you? Is it less strong than saw palmetto?

MemberMember
(@binga)

Posted : 02/24/2013 10:11 pm

get prescription hydroquinone from a derm. You can also try using phyto+ from skinceuticals.

MemberMember
(@heyybrighteyes)

Posted : 02/26/2013 12:58 am

i have so many red spots on my face, and if i take a hot shower (which i try not to make it too hot but sometimes im cold lol) it seems like my whole face is covered in red spots, like they all surface and its just bleh sad.png the only nice skin i seem to have is the area around my eyes.

It's mostly red spots, but the ones near the jawline are active. I usually get persistent red spots after flare ups, but as long as they are flat I can at least disguise them with makeup. The steam from the hot water in the shower actually helps my skin, especially my pores but I never let shower water touch my face. When I wash my face in the morning I use cold water because hot water aggravates my red spots too. Have you tried washing your face with spring water?

The bottle of saw palmetto recommends 3 a day, but I take 4 because I read studies that said 600mg is the optimum dosage for the purpose I'm using it for (acne, PCOS etc). Maybe it's too much though because I'm still taking 1 clearetto a day...not sure.

How is the peony & licorice supplement working for you? Is it less strong than saw palmetto?

how do you go about washing with spring water?

pour it in a bowl and rinse over the sink or something?

and what makeup do you wear?

and dont bother with the peony and licorice. while im not sure about the peony herb, i just found out that licorice can cause birth defects and other harmful crap! im throwing it out :/ i hate scary stuff like that.

ill read up on saw palmetto dosage i guess. ill probably start doing what youre doing, aside from clearetto.

MemberMember
(@wishclean)

Posted : 02/26/2013 4:29 pm

get prescription hydroquinone from a derm. You can also try using phyto+ from skinceuticals.

I have skinceuticals' phytocorrective gel and it usually doesn't do much. Sometimes it turns my spots from red to brown, which I suppose helps the healing process but it was overpriced for the quality. Have you had success with phyto+ ? My derm recommended the phytocorrective for my skin type instead of the phyto+

how do you go about washing with spring water?

pour it in a bowl and rinse over the sink or something?

and what makeup do you wear?

and dont bother with the peony and licorice. while im not sure about the peony herb, i just found out that licorice can cause birth defects and other harmful crap! im throwing it out :/ i hate scary stuff like that.

ill read up on saw palmetto dosage i guess. ill probably start doing what youre doing, aside from clearetto.

I buy bottled spring water (around $1 - $1.50 for a huge bottle), then pour it in 2 tall glasses (no heating/ microwave, just room temperature) and wash my face. I don't use too much cleanser because my skin has been irritated recently, so it's mostly just the spring water doing its thing. Try it for a week and see if you notice a difference. I noticed a difference in how my skin felt immediately after the first time I tried it, which confirms that the water in my area is crappy!

Licorice scares me, and now it does even more because of the harmful sideeffects you mentioned! I used to drink a ton of licorice detox tea and it broke me out - I thought it was a purging reaction, but my skin never recovered after the "purge". Does the peony work on its own? It's so hard to find a supplement that is 100% safe long term....even saw palmetto can have side effects if taken long term, but based on my research it's the least harmful especially compared to all the other options out there (e.g. BCP).

I think saw palmetto is the most potent of the three, so I'm gonna stick with it and also keep taking 1 clearetto a day until I run out. Honestly, I don't think it makes that much of a difference, but I spent $$ on it so I feel I should keep taking it until I run out. I think the B6 in clearetto might be counter acting some of the progress because B6 is supposed to cause breakouts...hmmm

As for makeup, I have been using smashbox healthy FX foundation for 2 years now, but I think they changed the formula because it turns orange on me sometimes. Plus, it's not the best for acne prone skin, and it takes a long time to apply if trying to cover up blemishes. For cover up, I use revlon's blemish concealer and sometimes neutrogena's blemish concealer (liquid, not stick) - they cover up ok (plus, they have salicylic) , but their shades are either too orange or too white on me.

I have been trying out various mineral foundations as well, and so far I had decent results with lily lolo, jane iredale and meow's pampered puss...they both have zinc oxide which helps calm down irritation. The only issue is that they tend to look a bit cakey and expose large pores, so when I need a more polished look I use smashbox. But I loooove the convenience of mineral makeup - I just haven't found one that hides large pores and doesn't create fine lines. Any recommendations?

MemberMember
(@heyybrighteyes)

Posted : 02/27/2013 12:31 am

i dont really have any recommendations for mineral makeup

i use to use sheer cover back in high school when my skin wasnt this bad

but now it barely covers anything, and doesnt blend well for me..

do you take saw palmetto with every meal?

thats what i did today and also what i used to do and it cleared my skin up so good

but then stopped taking it after every meal and only twice a day and although my skin isnt terrible now, i still get breakouts...

after today though my skin feels nice and non irritated.. but that tension on the bridge of my nose is coming back..

not sure why that happens. :/

ill give the spring water a go! im glad it's working for you :)

MemberMember
(@wishclean)

Posted : 03/01/2013 12:59 am

i dont really have any recommendations for mineral makeup

i use to use sheer cover back in high school when my skin wasnt this bad

but now it barely covers anything, and doesnt blend well for me..

do you take saw palmetto with every meal?

thats what i did today and also what i used to do and it cleared my skin up so good

but then stopped taking it after every meal and only twice a day and although my skin isnt terrible now, i still get breakouts...

after today though my skin feels nice and non irritated.. but that tension on the bridge of my nose is coming back..

not sure why that happens. :/

ill give the spring water a go! im glad it's working for you smile.png

I wear mineral makeup on days where I can't be bothered spending an hour on applying foundation. Right now, I'm liking how my skin feels after applying meow cosmetics' pampered puss mineral foundation. It feels really soothing. The only issue is finding the right shade. I have been trying out different samples, and one day I'm orange, and the next I'm gray! LOL.

Yes, I take saw palmetto with every meal. Today I took 5 pills total = 750mg, because I stopped the clearetto pill. But I think I'll just reduce the saw palmetto to 600mg/day just to be safe. I have been having an on and off numbing sensation in my left arm, and it's been coming and going for a few days now. I had acupuncture and it kind of helped, but now it's back. Also, there are 2 new rolling scars on one side of my face (I'll post pics in bright light soon), and i have no idea how they got there! They just spontaneously appeared, and there wasn't even acne there....I have no idea what could have caused them. Do you get any unexplainable dents/ scars on your face? I'm worried it might be one of the products I'm using, but they are all mild. It might be as inexplicable as the tension on your nose....I have tension in my arm for no reason. I wonder if it's the saw palmetto? But I never heard anyone complain about such side effects.neutral.gif how long did you take it last time, when you got clear? did you stop taking it after your acne subsided, or did you just reduce the dosage?

MemberMember
(@heyybrighteyes)

Posted : 03/01/2013 10:33 am

I wear mineral makeup on days where I can't be bothered spending an hour on applying foundation. Right now, I'm liking how my skin feels after applying meow cosmetics' pampered puss mineral foundation. It feels really soothing. The only issue is finding the right shade. I have been trying out different samples, and one day I'm orange, and the next I'm gray! LOL.

Yes, I take saw palmetto with every meal. Today I took 5 pills total = 750mg, because I stopped the clearetto pill. But I think I'll just reduce the saw palmetto to 600mg/day just to be safe. I have been having an on and off numbing sensation in my left arm, and it's been coming and going for a few days now. I had acupuncture and it kind of helped, but now it's back. Also, there are 2 new rolling scars on one side of my face (I'll post pics in bright light soon), and i have no idea how they got there! They just spontaneously appeared, and there wasn't even acne there....I have no idea what could have caused them. Do you get any unexplainable dents/ scars on your face? I'm worried it might be one of the products I'm using, but they are all mild. It might be as inexplicable as the tension on your nose....I have tension in my arm for no reason. I wonder if it's the saw palmetto? But I never heard anyone complain about such side effects.neutral.gif how long did you take it last time, when you got clear? did you stop taking it after your acne subsided, or did you just reduce the dosage?

yeah i use sheer cover when i go to the beach

or need to run to the store but feel really bad about my skin but, like you said, don't want to take an hour on it

yeah thats strange about the tension in your arm.

for me... the nose tension comes and goes... i think i tend to get when i eat really salty foods? i'm not sure

i'll try to make note next time i feel it

i have a few pitted scars on my face :( like 2 or 3 i think

theyre really noticeable with makeup on cause the makeup doesnt fill it in.

for me though it literally looks like someone popped a blackhead out of my cheeck and its just a narrow deep hole. instead of like a "boxcar" car or something.

i was taking it for about a month and a half (no new breakouts, but the old ones took long to heal), then i switched to clearetto (trip to new york, ate terrible, brokeout but healed fast), then started taking both (too many headaches), now just saw palmetto, one everytime i eat (no new breakouts for the past 3 days, old ones are still healing)

current face wash regime:

morning:

wash with oatmeal, rinse with cool water

toner: diluted apple cider vinegar (every other morning)

moisturizer: Simple Light Moisturizer with SPF

evening:

wash makeup off with african black soap

wash with oatmeal, rinse with lukewarm water, lather on honey for about 2 minutes, rinse with cooler water

toner: diluted apple cider vinegar

moisturizer: Simple Rich Moisturizer

sometimes:

Lush Speed Lightnen spot treatment

Aloe Vera Plant left on overnight

MemberMember
(@heyybrighteyes)

Posted : 03/01/2013 10:47 pm

sorry i didnt mean to post my regime on your blog :X i meant to put it on mine! whoops!

MemberMember
(@wishclean)

Posted : 03/01/2013 11:36 pm

sorry i didnt mean to post my regime on your blog sick.gif i meant to put it on mine! whoops!

haha, no worries it's useful to compare regimes because we both have similar hormonal issues grinwink.gif Is Aftican black soap working well for your acne? I've never heard of it... is it similar to charcoal soap?

MemberMember
(@heyybrighteyes)

Posted : 03/03/2013 12:43 am

sorry i didnt mean to post my regime on your blog sick.gif i meant to put it on mine! whoops!

haha, no worries it's useful to compare regimes because we both have similar hormonal issues grinwink.gif Is Aftican black soap working well for your acne? I've never heard of it... is it similar to charcoal soap?

haha k! :)

the soap is alright, its very drying! but doesnt break me out... it just removes my makeup so well! thats what i like it for.

im running out and not sure if i'll repurchase it

im not sure what charcoal soap is, hehe

MemberMember
(@wishclean)

Posted : 03/03/2013 10:11 pm

haha k! smile.png

the soap is alright, its very drying! but doesnt break me out... it just removes my makeup so well! thats what i like it for.

charcoal soap is black soap, kinda looks like coal. It's suppose to be effective for all sorts of skin conditions, but I was kinda scared to try it lol.

I just ordered MSM cream because it's supposed to help with acne and scarring....have you heard of it? I'm nervous about taking MSM supplements, so I thought the topical might help http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B000WSEU74/ref=oh_details_o00_s00_i00?ie=UTF8&psc=1

MemberMember
(@heyybrighteyes)

Posted : 03/04/2013 8:31 pm

haha k! smile.png

charcoal soap is black soap, kinda looks like coal. It's suppose to be effective for all sorts of skin conditions, but I was kinda scared to try it lol.

I just ordered MSM cream because it's supposed to help with acne and scarring....have you heard of it? I'm nervous about taking MSM supplements, so I thought the topical might help http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B000WSEU74/ref=oh_details_o00_s00_i00?ie=UTF8&psc=1

yeah i've heard of that! didnt really realize it was for post acne marks too (like the red marks)

please let me know how that works for you :)

the reviews look great.

and yeah i guess its like charcoal soap,

but the black african soap is more of a dirty brown color

and supposedly its not the real stuff if it's black in color

MemberMember
(@wishclean)

Posted : 03/05/2013 8:32 pm

haha k! smile.png

yeah i've heard of that! didnt really realize it was for post acne marks too (like the red marks)

please let me know how that works for you smile.png

the reviews look great.

and yeah i guess its like charcoal soap,

but the black african soap is more of a dirty brown color

and supposedly its not the real stuff if it's black in color

I'm supposed to be receiving the msm cream in 2 days... can't wait! But I don't want to get my hopes up because usually nothing works on my acne, especially topical creams.

My skin has been ultra sensitive lately, and today when I took off my makeup it was bright red! I have no idea what's going on, it just feels uncomfortable. saywhat.gif I went out for a run earlier and there are a lot of allergens in the air, so that might be it. But I needed the exercise, and the gym was closed for spring break.

MemberMember
(@wishclean)

Posted : 03/05/2013 11:25 pm

Today I added an evening primrose oil supplement....I applied a mixture of honey and EPO last night topically, and since I still have leftover supplements from last time I was taking it, I thought why not. Maybe it will help my skin bounce back. Tomorrow I will skip my probiotic, have 4 saw palmetto pills as usual, add the EPO supplement, and keep my fingers crossed.

Has anyone tried combining saw palmetto with EPO? I haven't seen any documented interactions between the 2, so I'm guessing it's safe to take both of them.

MemberMember
(@heyybrighteyes)

Posted : 03/06/2013 11:26 am

I'm supposed to be receiving the msm cream in 2 days... can't wait! But I don't want to get my hopes up because usually nothing works on my acne, especially topical creams.

My skin has been ultra sensitive lately, and today when I took off my makeup it was bright red! I have no idea what's going on, it just feels uncomfortable. saywhat.gif I went out for a run earlier and there are a lot of allergens in the air, so that might be it. But I needed the exercise, and the gym was closed for spring break.

has your skin still been breaking out since taking saw palmetto with every meal?

i'm disappointed to say that still has been :(

i'm interested in the msm cream. if it works for you i'll probably buy some lol

trying my best to stick to a regime at the moment though. its so hard.

andyeah it could have been the run.

MemberMember
(@wishclean)

Posted : 03/06/2013 12:00 pm

has your skin still been breaking out since taking saw palmetto with every meal?

i'm disappointed to say that still has been sad.png

I still get a few breakouts yes... and my skin looks a bit dull and cracked eusa_think.gif Today I'm going to try skipping the probiotics and adding an evening primrose oil supplement to see what happens.

I think the saw palmetto is helping keep things under control, but I'm not sure if it will ever clear me completely. I'm still experimenting with the dosage - I think finding the right dosage for your body is crucial, but there is some trial and error involved. When I take over 600mg, I feel a bit queasy (even if I take it with food) and absent-minded. Have you experienced any brain fog while on saw palmetto? I read that it might be a side effect due to the hormones it suppresses.

I'll keep you posted on the msm cream. It still hasn't come in the mail. I'm going to a conference in Chicago on Friday (yay!!) and I'm hoping I can get it before I leave so I can take it with me. My skin needs to behave while I'm away because I don't have the patience for elaborate makeup coverups. strongsad.gif

MemberMember
(@heyybrighteyes)

Posted : 03/06/2013 1:13 pm

I still get a few breakouts yes... and my skin looks a bit dull and cracked eusa_think.gif Today I'm going to try skipping the probiotics and adding an evening primrose oil supplement to see what happens.

I think the saw palmetto is helping keep things under control, but I'm not sure if it will ever clear me completely. I'm still experimenting with the dosage - I think finding the right dosage for your body is crucial, but there is some trial and error involved. When I take over 600mg, I feel a bit queasy (even if I take it with food) and absent-minded. Have you experienced any brain fog while on saw palmetto? I read that it might be a side effect due to the hormones it suppresses.

I'll keep you posted on the msm cream. It still hasn't come in the mail. I'm going to a conference in Chicago on Friday (yay!!) and I'm hoping I can get it before I leave so I can take it with me. My skin needs to behave while I'm away because I don't have the patience for elaborate makeup coverups. strongsad.gif

im curious to know your diet, have you posted that anywhere?

i think you said youre following the candida diet, but what meals do you eat and stuff?

and yeah my skin still breaks out here and there too :( its so disheartening, i want it to end so badly.

i think i do experience some brain fog yes, but its not too major. i dont think....

have fun on your trip :)

im thinking of picking up some revlon colorstay today.. heard its good for fair skin color matches, im so sick of looking orange or pink.

MemberMember
(@wishclean)

Posted : 03/06/2013 7:59 pm

im curious to know your diet, have you posted that anywhere?

i think you said youre following the candida diet, but what meals do you eat and stuff?

and yeah my skin still breaks out here and there too sad.png its so disheartening, i want it to end so badly.

i think i do experience some brain fog yes, but its not too major. i dont think....

have fun on your trip smile.png

im thinking of picking up some revlon colorstay today.. heard its good for fair skin color matches, im so sick of looking orange or pink.

Thanks, I hope my skin calms down enough that I can at least cover up this mess with makeup.

Today my skin just exploded in small zits all over, even under the eye area and forehead. I think it's my sunscreen because I don't usually break out in those places....I'm finding it hard to find a moisturizer with SPF that doesn't break me out. neutral.gif

As far as my diet, I try to follow the candida diet as best as I can but I do have some things that are not really "allowed", like lentils and low-sugar ginger & peppermint candy. Lentils really give me a pick me up and are high in iron, so I have them once a week.

Here's what I had today:

- Breakfast/ Lunch (combined because I had a busy day):

omelet with fresh veggies (kale, spinach, broccoli, lettuce, tomatoes), garlic, and black pepper spices.

roiboos tea with flax milk & coconut milk

millet & flax bread (gluten free)

- Dinner:

salmon with salad. kombucha tea

Snacks (in between meals, and after dinner):

- almonds

- brown rice cakes (just plain rice) with stevia and cinnamon

- 2 ginger candies & 3 peppermint candies

- 1 avocado

That's about it. Today I was feeling a bit dizzy throughout the day, although I eat about the same amount every day....I think it might be the evening primrose oil that's making me feel dizzy.

What diet are you following now? Still doing the paleo? I miss fruit!

Btw, did you find a good match with the revlon foundation? I always look orange in foundation, and when I try paler shades I look like a ghost! idea.gif

MemberMember
(@heyybrighteyes)

Posted : 03/07/2013 3:02 am

Thanks, I hope my skin calms down enough that I can at least cover up this mess with makeup.

Today my skin just exploded in small zits all over, even under the eye area and forehead. I think it's my sunscreen because I don't usually break out in those places....I'm finding it hard to find a moisturizer with SPF that doesn't break me out. neutral.gif

As far as my diet, I try to follow the candida diet as best as I can but I do have some things that are not really "allowed", like lentils and low-sugar ginger & peppermint candy. Lentils really give me a pick me up and are high in iron, so I have them once a week.

Here's what I had today:

omelet with fresh veggies (kale, spinach, broccoli, lettuce, tomatoes), garlic, and black pepper spices.

- Dinner:

- almonds

- 1 avocado

That's about it. Today I was feeling a bit dizzy throughout the day, although I eat about the same amount every day....I think it might be the evening primrose oil that's making me feel dizzy.

Btw, did you find a good match with the revlon foundation? I always look orange in foundation, and when I try paler shades I look like a ghost! idea.gif

i never thought of adding garlic to an omelet... that's a good idea.

i think im either lettiing the saw palmetto get to my head or its really messing me up..

i feel so much slower, with my thought processes, and everything is hazy, do you feel like that at all?

and yeah i cant give up fruit!

its too yummy :)

i almost tried the candida diet but i sorda knew i couldnt last :X

i commend you for sticking it out though! that's good! :)

im just sticking to a fruit and vegetable diet

i eat organic cereal with almond milk, bread, rice, and oatmeal occasionally, all no nos for candida.. heh, but i cant resist and i dont think theyre hurting me in terms of acne goes.. at least i hope they arent :P

i went to walmart to get the revlon foundation but they were out of the color "buff" and ivory looked wayyyy to light!

but im kinda glad cause i played around with my foundations i have now and it actually looked really nice today..

texture wise not so much, but an almost perfect color, slightly yellow but farrr from orange and pink! so i was happy

just mixed the same foundations i have

the maybelline superstay in sand beige and almay tlc in .. a pale color, i dont remember the name

together they work really well for me

MemberMember
(@wishclean)

Posted : 03/07/2013 1:21 pm

Here's what I had today:

- Dinner:

- almonds

- 1 avocado

i never thought of adding garlic to an omelet... that's a good idea.

i think im either lettiing the saw palmetto get to my head or its really messing me up..

i feel so much slower, with my thought processes, and everything is hazy, do you feel like that at all?

and yeah i cant give up fruit!

its too yummy smile.png

i almost tried the candida diet but i sorda knew i couldnt last sick.gif

i commend you for sticking it out though! that's good! smile.png

im just sticking to a fruit and vegetable diet

i eat organic cereal with almond milk, bread, rice, and oatmeal occasionally, all no nos for candida.. heh, but i cant resist and i dont think theyre hurting me in terms of acne goes.. at least i hope they arent tongue.png

i went to walmart to get the revlon foundation but they were out of the color "buff" and ivory looked wayyyy to light!

but im kinda glad cause i played around with my foundations i have now and it actually looked really nice today..

texture wise not so much, but an almost perfect color, slightly yellow but farrr from orange and pink! so i was happy

just mixed the same foundations i have

the maybelline superstay in sand beige and almay tlc in .. a pale color, i dont remember the name

together they work really well for me

Yeah, I put garlic on everything - it's a good antifungal! And I cook with grapeseed oil. I tried coconut oil but it seemed to greasy for me and I got some breakouts - not sure if it was the oil or just a coincidence, but I'd rather stick with grapeseed oil to be safe.

I love cereal and oatmeal...I was sad to give them up, but now I'm used to it. I hope I can reintroduce some foods (esp. cereal and fruit) soon though, just for variety. I was considering the raw foods diet, but I could never stick to that. I would probably faint the first day! lol

I noticed the brain fog too...I'm pretty sure it's the saw palmetto because some other people have posted about it a while back. I read about side effects before taking it, but I figured it was worth it, and that the side effects were relatively mild compared to other options such as BCP and accutane.

How much saw palmetto are you currently taking? Maybe if you decrease the dosage that might help. I might do that too, since I'm now also taking evening primrose oil.

Btw, I just got my MSM cream in the mail! I'm gonna try to spot treat for a few days to see how my skin reacts first. I'm still trying to clear the breakout from my sunscreen....does your moisturizer have spf btw? I'm trying to find an oil-free moisturizer with SPF 20 of higher that goes well under makeup. Not having any luck saywhat.gif

Glad you figured out a good blend for your foundations! I find that if I take more time to let my moisturizer dry then my makeup application is smoother. But that does require more time... I spend so much time on my acne every day, it's ridiculous!

MemberMember
(@heyybrighteyes)

Posted : 03/07/2013 3:24 pm

Yeah, I put garlic on everything - it's a good antifungal! And I cook with grapeseed oil. I tried coconut oil but it seemed to greasy for me and I got some breakouts - not sure if it was the oil or just a coincidence, but I'd rather stick with grapeseed oil to be safe.

I love cereal and oatmeal...I was sad to give them up, but now I'm used to it. I hope I can reintroduce some foods (esp. cereal and fruit) soon though, just for variety. I was considering the raw foods diet, but I could never stick to that. I would probably faint the first day! lol

I noticed the brain fog too...I'm pretty sure it's the saw palmetto because some other people have posted about it a while back. I read about side effects before taking it, but I figured it was worth it, and that the side effects were relatively mild compared to other options such as BCP and accutane.

How much saw palmetto are you currently taking? Maybe if you decrease the dosage that might help. I might do that too, since I'm now also taking evening primrose oil.

Btw, I just got my MSM cream in the mail! I'm gonna try to spot treat for a few days to see how my skin reacts first. I'm still trying to clear the breakout from my sunscreen....does your moisturizer have spf btw? I'm trying to find an oil-free moisturizer with SPF 20 of higher that goes well under makeup. Not having any luck saywhat.gif

Glad you figured out a good blend for your foundations! I find that if I take more time to let my moisturizer dry then my makeup application is smoother. But that does require more time... I spend so much time on my acne every day, it's ridiculous!

i buy garlic then just let it sit in the pantry cause i dont know how to cook with it

but i'm gonna start experimenting :)

yeah raw foods is tough, i cant do it, i love cooked food, but im not eating as much of it

just oatmeal and the occasional salmon with rice! yumm lol

the simple moisturizer i use has spf > http://www.amazon.com/Simple-Protecting-Light-Moisturizer-Ounce/dp/B009RNUH7M/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1362687454&sr=8-1&keywords=simple+moisturizer+spf

only spf 15 :/

hasnt given me any problems so far though

and yeah i let my moisturizer sit for like 5-10 minutes before makeup.

when i used neutrogena foundation i never had to do that, it worked better with wet moisturizer and a wet sponge

its just their color selection is terrible for fair skin :/ in my opinion.

i really hope the msm cream works out for you :)

MemberMember
(@wishclean)

Posted : 03/10/2013 10:51 pm

i buy garlic then just let it sit in the pantry cause i dont know how to cook with it

but i'm gonna start experimenting smile.png

yeah raw foods is tough, i cant do it, i love cooked food, but im not eating as much of it

just oatmeal and the occasional salmon with rice! yumm lol

the simple moisturizer i use has spf > http://www.amazon.com/Simple-Protecting-Light-Moisturizer-Ounce/dp/B009RNUH7M/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1362687454&sr=8-1&keywords=simple+moisturizer+spf

only spf 15 :/

hasnt given me any problems so far though

and yeah i let my moisturizer sit for like 5-10 minutes before makeup.

when i used neutrogena foundation i never had to do that, it worked better with wet moisturizer and a wet sponge

its just their color selection is terrible for fair skin :/ in my opinion.

i really hope the msm cream works out for you smile.png

I might try the simple moisturizer, since it works well under makeup. I noticed that my skin is becoming sensitive to everything again, including things that used to work in the past, such as aloe vera. Not sure what's going on, but I had a lot of breakouts these past few days. Needless to say, it made my trip worse because I had to spend ages trying to cover up the mess mmkay.gif In fact, my acne has been the worst it has been in a while, since before I started the saw palmetto and candida diet. So, yesterday I said screw it, and had some fruit and rye bread, and today I had a banana and pop corn. I think I'm gonna start reintroducing more foods because I miss variety. I was really discouraged this weekend, and it was also hard to find healthy food to eat while in Chicago (with friends who eat everything and have clear skin, no less!).

What I noticed is that my skin is at its worst 2 weeks before my period...I think that's when ovulation happens. Did you notice any consistent times of the month where your acne gets worse, regardless of diet and stress?

Btw, I started using the MSM cream....so far, I haven't seen a noticeable improvement but I will keep using it. I think it works better on scars than active acne.

MemberMember
(@heyybrighteyes)

Posted : 03/10/2013 11:04 pm

I might try the simple moisturizer, since it works well under makeup. I noticed that my skin is becoming sensitive to everything again, including things that used to work in the past, such as aloe vera. Not sure what's going on, but I had a lot of breakouts these past few days. Needless to say, it made my trip worse because I had to spend ages trying to cover up the mess mmkay.gif In fact, my acne has been the worst it has been in a while, since before I started the saw palmetto and candida diet. So, yesterday I said screw it, and had some fruit and rye bread, and today I had a banana and pop corn. I think I'm gonna start reintroducing more foods because I miss variety. I was really discouraged this weekend, and it was also hard to find healthy food to eat while in Chicago (with friends who eat everything and have clear skin, no less!).

What I noticed is that my skin is at its worst 2 weeks before my period...I think that's when ovulation happens. Did you notice any consistent times of the month where your acne gets worse, regardless of diet and stress?

Btw, I started using the MSM cream....so far, I haven't seen a noticeable improvement but I will keep using it. I think it works better on scars than active acne.

how strange!

my skin has been acting up to

i know its not ovulation for me though..

could be lack of sleep lately, and feeling a bit depressed over some life issues lately.

but i still binged today hehe.

dont be discouraged k? i really dont think fruit or wheat are the culprit here.. and they may actually benefit you

i eat both everyday with no heavy breakouts (or any for that matter).. my skin has been getting better, aside from today and yesterday

but again.. i think its just lack of sleep and blah blah blah

or maybe its cause i switched my foundation? who the hell knows lol

i barely even care about the breakouts anymore to be honest!

im more concerned with my red marks!

theyre fading pretty well with my apple cider vinegar toner<3

i believe in the stuff! sloweeelllyyy but surely!

still hope the msm cream works

you dont think thats what could be breaking you out do you?