Notifications
Clear all

Treatment Made By Me

MemberMember
(@thenura)

Posted : 02/24/2013 9:45 am

Im Thenura from Sri lanka.. This is my first post guyz... and im male .. 18 years old...

i was using a whitening cream and it worked well .. but after about 2 months i got clogged pores and then acne from it..in the both cheeks..

ive made an solution of Salicylic acid 2.5% and Sulfur 2% in calamine lotion .. and i applied it everynight on the whole face and in the morning ive used a benzoyl peroxide 2.5% over the counter cream... now i see a very good imporvemnt.. no more pimples.. but signs of scars are still there. but all the acne is gone now..and that treament has given me a gud colour to my skin .. i mean i have a somewhat white skin now.. im asian and i have a tan skin .. but now i ve seen a improvement in colour... thats a plus thing..

now my problem is ..will using these treatments everyday cause any trouble for me or my skin ? is it harmful to use ? ...

Sorry for my bad english.

MemberMember
(@gingergirl22)

Posted : 02/26/2013 9:52 am

I am curious about your recipe. Would you mind sharing it? My son has tried sulfur and SA fairly successfully, but never together.

They sound like fairly low strength chemicals, but you didn't say how long you have been using them and if you feel you still need them to stay clear. Maybe you can try tapering off them and see how it goes. You may find that you only need your treatments every other day.

Keep us posted on what you decide and how it goes.

MemberMember
(@tom-busby)

Posted : 02/27/2013 1:44 pm

Hi Thenura:

Your English is very good, so congrats!

First, I'm using a home compounded 1.0% Salicylic body wash, with good results, so I like your home compounded lotion.

Second, you said you were Asian, but Asians have a lot of different skin tone possibilities, although Im replying to your post because for some dark skin types, Salicylic acid can cause the melanin to accumulate into dark spots. I've attached a webpage and the 2004 EU review that might be helpful for you to evaluate this.

Good luck!

Salicylic Acid and Acne_ The Proas and Conas.pdf

Salicylic Acid review by the EU-2004-out170_en.pdf

Salicylic Acid and Acne_ The Proas and Conas.pdf

Salicylic Acid review by the EU-2004-out170_en.pdf