Notifications
Clear all

Its Been Awhile Folks..(Inspiring Story)

MemberMember
(@hiimmatt)

Posted : 02/24/2013 12:26 am

2 years ago, I join acne.org. The people here were very understanding and kind to me. A lot of you help me out with things such what products to choose, helped motivate me, and inspired me. Now I wanna inspire you. 2 years ago, I was not the person I am today. I used to be a turtle in its shell that never popped its head out to see the world much. I also never tried to have anything to do with girls. Had no job, no license, nothing. But as of today, I am a licensed driver, GED graduate, and also have a fun job. Also have been talking to girls a lot more especially this certain girl at work. I used to think to myself day in and day out, "I'll never be worth anything, always be a monster, and have nothing". Well seems as though I underestimated myself back then, turns out I had it in me all along. I used to didn't wanna have nothing to do with going ANYWHERE at all. Anytime someone would mention something about going out, I would always say "no" from mouth, but "yes" in my mind.

One life changing day, I snapped and said, "I can't take this life of self solitude anymore". And thats when getting my licenses all started, I remember be so nervous that I couldn't even write straight, my words looked like a 3 year old wrote them. But it was only the beginning of getting my life back on track that acne slammed me off of, and I hadn't been around people much for so long, so of course I was nervous. I had pass the written test just barely, then came my months of learning how to drive, I got it down pretty well. Next then came the true test, I, Once again, passed with barely just enough points, but I was screaming for joy so much at that point I didn't care how many points I mess, as long as I passed.

Next on my list was a job. I had searched many places and filled out many application, finally... A job appeared and an interview had been set. I actually came on here before the interview and asked you guys for support, thanks for that. When I went in, I was just as nervous or if not more nervous than when I went for the driving test. I went in and was out in maybe 10 mins. I kept my hopes up and pushed my acne worries to the side. 2 days later I got the phone call saying I will be hired, once again, I screamed for joy. My life seemed to get more on more back on track finally.

When I went in I didn't say nothing to nobody hardly. But as days turned to months, I had noticed a HUGE improvement in my confidence, I talk to everyone there and everyone seemed to take a liking to me, I always help people at work, and try and be fun to work with. As of next month, I will have been there a full year. My confidence with girls definitely improved since I meet this one girl, I talk to her all the time at work and shes so cool, and we have a lot in common. Shes a girl I never thought that would ever talk to guy like me, but it was only acne that made think that.

After the job the next thing I thought, no, not thought, I NEEDED to do this. Get my GED. I never went all the way through school, so I thought it would be best to have this, not only has a necessity, but an accomplishment. Well after 7 months, I finally achieved it, something I always had doubts about obtaining. But I did, and had to give myself a pat on the back.

The moral this story is, You are, you. Acne is not the one in control of you, you are. You can easily overthrow it with just a little practice. And all you have to do is be around people more, and you'll learn most of them just don't care. Yeah, you have someone occasionally glance over at you, but whatever, it happens anyway, acne or not.

If I can do it, so can you. I suffered from the most severe acne of all, Acne conglobata. And with all these scars and marks its left me, I still choose to live my life. You might sit there with a few pimples on you face, saying, "I'm the most ugly person ever", well I wish I was you my friend, I'd trade all the acne and scars anyday for a few pimples.

You only have one life to live, so live it. At first you might be scared but it will blow over before you know it. You have that life in you, you so desperately want to live. So live it. And I wish you all the best.