Notifications
Clear all

Did Anyone Ever Ask You If You Were Born Like That?

MemberMember
(@theunluckyone)

Posted : 02/23/2013 2:15 am

One time about 4 years ago (I already had severe acne back then), one guy asked me if I was born this way while I was waiting in line at the cafeteria. I didn't react badly to it and told him that I started having acne the year before, etc., we talked for maybe 1 min. I know he wasn't trying to be mean and I don't actually remember it as a painful memory, but now that I think about it, that probably means my acne looks really freaking awful and visible... I've been debating about whether severe acne is generally considered "disfiguring", maybe it really is if this guy actually asked me that out of nowhere...

Maybe the guy was just an idiot for asking me that though. He did look kinda stupid lol

MemberMember
(@random1)

Posted : 02/23/2013 2:23 am

lol @ your last line

Well to comment no I have never been asked that. More often I get the classic "what's wrong with your face?" lol

ahhh some people

MemberMember
(@rorius)

Posted : 02/23/2013 4:30 am

A punch straight into his nose would've been more disfiguring.

MemberMember
(@melmel87)

Posted : 02/23/2013 8:13 am

One time about 4 years ago (I already had severe acne back then), one guy asked me if I was born this way while I was waiting in line at the cafeteria. I didn't react badly to it and told him that I started having acne the year before, etc., we talked for maybe 1 min. I know he wasn't trying to be mean and I don't actually remember it as a painful memory, but now that I think about it, that probably means my acne looks really freaking awful and visible... I've been debating about whether severe acne is generally considered "disfiguring", maybe it really is if this guy actually asked me that out of nowhere...

Maybe the guy was just an idiot for asking me that though. He did look kinda stupid lol

People who have never had acne can be very ignorant and come off as offensive. You should've said yes I was born this way and it's extremely contagious smile.png Just recently near where I live a family was kicked out of a restaurant because the children had a skin disorder. Pretty sad how shallow society can be.

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2013/02/21/golden-corral-lawsuit-westland-skin-disorder_n_2733946.html