Notifications
Clear all

Regimen Redness

MemberMember
(@wheels4)

Posted : 02/22/2013 4:15 pm

I'm about 2 weeks into the regimen. I don't have many zits at this point, I got like 2 the other day for some reason but so far it has reduced pimples a bit.

My problem is the way my skin looks and redness. I was on accutane which I blame for my facial redness. I used to have a white face and you can still see spots around my lips that are white but red every where else. This bothers me more than you can imagine. I read that the regimen can actually help with skin tone so I was excited for that but so far my skin is even a little more red than normal.

Is the redness something that should go away over time? Does it just keep getting better? Experiences anyone?

MemberMember
(@ringoffire)

Posted : 02/22/2013 4:30 pm

Which redness are you talking about? If it's the redness left by acne, ie the acne marks, then yes those will fade. However if your face is rushing red in areas then I'd stop. I went on and used differin after a course of accutane and now most of my face is pink/redish, worst mistake ever

MemberMember
(@wheels4)

Posted : 02/22/2013 4:44 pm

its like redness in my cheeks i dont think its redness from acne just my skin in general

MemberMember
(@ringoffire)

Posted : 02/22/2013 6:39 pm

If it's a red area and especially if it's gotten worse during the regimen then I'd reccomend you to stop. Redness isn't something one fools about. You can also post a picture if you like

MemberMember
(@robertmcg7)

Posted : 02/22/2013 6:54 pm

Thats normal when starting the regimen, everyone gets the redness and some minor irritation for the first few weeks. Aslong as its not really painful or burned you are fine. Redness is normal dont worry about it, it goes away when your skin gets used to the BP.

MemberMember
(@wheels4)

Posted : 03/02/2013 3:03 pm

How long would you say it takes to get used to bp. I think I'm around 3 weeks in and still have redness. I was red before I started but I believe it's a little worse right now

MemberMember
(@robertmcg7)

Posted : 03/03/2013 10:31 am

It varies but the initial redness shouldn't last more than 6 or 7 weeks. I know its annoying but give it time it will go away, you just have to put up with it.

MemberMember
(@ayeaye)

Posted : 03/04/2013 8:07 pm

Lasted about 4-5 weeks for me, but went away when my face adjusted to BP. Like the above poster said, its annoying but if you stick with it, it will eventually go away. If you stop and then decide to start again, you will be back at square one. Its a time game....

MemberMember
(@nicmic62)

Posted : 03/04/2013 8:13 pm

The redness lasted about 4-5 weeks as well. I always carried around a little bottle of moisturizer the first few weeks when I felt the itchy feeling that came along with it.

Currently in my 7th week of the regimen and I don't have the red irritated face anymore, still a little bit itchy but I'm hoping that goes away in a few more weeks.