Flaking And Help Pl...

Notifications
Clear all

Flaking And Help Please

MemberMember
(@adam2126)

Posted : 02/22/2013 11:44 am

Hey, so I've been using 2.5 BP for about 2 weeks and obviously it dries out skin and leads to flakiness, any suggestions how I can stop this? I moisturise etc so will it just eventually go?

Also, since starting the BP, I have not had one whitehead and few new spots have formed - so is it just a matter of waiting for old ones to disappear? If so how long will it take. Cheers :)

MemberMember
(@birdboy)

Posted : 02/22/2013 2:27 pm

Hi Adam - it took me at least a month and a half to get consistently clear so hang in there! I have a few stubborn red spots but I'm going to try using some AHA to see if they'll fade with time. The drying and flaking is a b*tch; no watt around it, especially if you're new to so much BP. I find that the only way I can stay "unflaky" is to very, very gently exfoliate in the shower. In the morning I wash my face in the shower and really let the water soak into the dead layers of skin. Then, with my fingertips, I gently rub at the skin and the flakes start to rub off. I don't do this in areas where I have active pimples. After drying off, applying BP etc. I mix 6 drops of jojoba oil into Elta sunscreen (Dan's moisturizer at night) and lately 1 drop of vegetable glycerin (purchase at health food store). I smooth it over my face and then let it soak in. I'll still have to spot moisturize during the day (I carry Dan's travel size moisturizer) but I'm not like a Gila monster anymore. Hope this helps!

MemberMember
(@adam2126)

Posted : 02/22/2013 3:52 pm

Thanks, so if I was to carry on as I were - cleansing, BP and moisturising then would the flakiness go soon? If so how long(ish). Thanks again, your help is truly appreciated.

MemberMember
(@robertmcg7)

Posted : 02/22/2013 6:36 pm

Took me about 6 weeks in too the regimen to get completley clear too and i've staid that way ever since thank god . But what gets rid of flakiness completly is applying aha every second night instead of moisturizer, and on the day inbetween mix jojoba oil in with your moistuirzer . so night one is cleanse , apply BP, then apply dans AHA thats it. Next night cleanse, apply BP then , moisturizer+ 10 drops of jojoba oil mixed together only at night for both days. In the morning's just do the usual cleanse, then BP, then moisturize. The AHA exfoliates your skin without having to use a harsh scrub to get rid of the dead skin . once every second night with the aha is enough to keep the skin feeling super smooth. If i dont apply it for say a week then my skin goes back to being flaky again, jojoba oil helps too but mainly the aha does best job but together they are great.