Notifications
Clear all

Regimen Without Dan's Products

MemberMember
(@adam2126)

Posted : 02/22/2013 11:38 am

Hey, so at the moment this is my routine:

-Freederm Cleanser

-Zineryt (just something the doctor prescribed)

-Oxyon the spot 2.5%

-Simple pure spot cleansing moisturising cream

Is this a good routine, is the cleanser and moisturiser good? Is the BP suitable? And if not, then any suggestions as to what to replace them with, preferably not cetaphil because it has a lot of toxic chemicals in.

Thanks

MemberMember
(@adam2126)

Posted : 02/22/2013 1:16 pm

Oh, and I'm in the uk so Dan's products are a bit of a last resort due to charges etc. thanks :)

MemberMember
(@robertmcg7)

Posted : 02/22/2013 1:41 pm

I've personally used zineryt and im from uk too after about, 4 months it stopped working completly. I currently use the regimen now and it totally saved my skin, i also use dans products and get them delivered from the uk. If you buy just the BP itself you can get 4x8oz BP tubes from the american amazon .com for 57 and that will last you for about 5 months+. So it only works out about 11 odd a month. Better getting the 8oz tubes because then you can cut it open to get the last out of it unlike the 16oz BP that is a pump action tub. Trust me save yoursel the hassle and order dans bp its much easier to spread across the face and you get alot more for your money. Using the oxyon the spot 2.5% will cost you way more money in the long run by far its not alot of BP for the money you pay. Trust me bite the bullet and order dans BP and look forward to having clear skin after a few months of usage, thats my personal experience with it and its the best choice i ever made. Hope it helps you.

MemberMember
(@adam2126)

Posted : 02/22/2013 3:50 pm

So, are you suggesting that the cleanser and moisturiser will be okay for the regimen, but I'm better off getting Dan's BP, is oxy on the spot still as effective? i.e will I get similar results if I did use oxy, even if it is just whilst waiting for Dan's to arrive? Thanks again

MemberMember
(@robertmcg7)

Posted : 02/22/2013 6:12 pm

BP is the main part of the regimen thats the thing that makes it work basically. The cleanser and moisturizer you can choose yourself if you want, check on here for recommended cleansers and moisturizers, basically you want a noncondemgenic mostirizer and cleanser, make sure it says that on the product "noncondemgenic". A good one is cetaphil mostiruzer and cetaphil cleanser that you can buy from uk. And yes BP is BP basically dosent matter what brand it is they all work the same way. But dans spreads more easily and you get hell of alot more of the product for your money, honestly . Use the BP you have until dans arrive as it takes a month to arrive in the uk from the us when you order from amazon. Thats why its best to buy a few at a time as each tube lasts about a month and a bit, i buy 4 at a time from the us amazon.com not uk, then when i have one full tube left i order again and by the time i'm nearly done with my last tube the new order arrives.

MemberMember
(@adam2126)

Posted : 02/22/2013 6:43 pm

Cheers man, very helpful. Another thing - there are a few different cetaphil cleansers and moisturisers, any advice on which ones to get?

MemberMember
(@robertmcg7)

Posted : 02/22/2013 6:50 pm

cetaphil mostiruizing lotion, and cetaphil gentle cleanser is the ones i use and they work perfectly. The idea of the cleanser is to get something thats gentle dosent clog pores and dosent dry your skin out to badly after washing with it, thats why the regimen gets you to only wash quickly for 10 seconds with a gentle cleanser to get rid of surface oils, the longer you leave the face wash on the more it will dry out your skin when you are out of the shower. And i can recommend the cetaphil for being good at those things..

MemberMember
(@adam2126)

Posted : 02/22/2013 7:54 pm

Great, thanks. Just been looking at my current moisturiser, and there is no mention of it being non comodogenic, so I'm guessing I should perhaps invest in the cetaphil ones? It says gentle, hypoallergenic, paraben free etc. thanks

And I've just looked at this

http://www.amazon.co.uk/Quinoderm-2808384-Face-Wash-150ml/dp/B000KHPG7K/ref=sr_1_1?s=drugstore&ie=UTF8&qid=1361580781&sr=1-1

It seems to have extremely positive reviews, a possible cleanser for the regimen?

Thanks

MemberMember
(@robertmcg7)

Posted : 02/23/2013 3:26 pm

quinoderm isnt a gentle cleanser i wouldnt recommend that. Stick with the cetaphil gentle cleanser its non condemgenic so it wont clog your pores. The one you are using now dosent say non condemgenic so i would change it to the cetaphil one.