Notifications
Clear all

So I Thought I Found My Answer

MemberMember
(@cervantes86)

Posted : 02/21/2013 10:01 pm

Hello, I was in here 2011 when I had a major breakdown, because my antibiotics failed, and my moderately severe acne flared up. It caused me to end up in a partial hospital, break up with my bf, and I ended up dropping out of professional school. Well I am back, and my face is clear as a baby.............but with accutane 30X a week. It's been great, and I have been on accutane for over a year now, reducing it gradually, but maybe not fast enough, cause now I have developed clicking in my joints, and some mild pain here and there, but nothing serious. Of course I am gonna have to stop the accutane at least for a while, unless if I want to destroy my joints, bones and musculoskeletal system. The odd thing is against my derms advice, I actually lowered the dose by myself, so imagine if I would have kept taking 30 a day like he said. I would have been worse!

Anyhow, since I didn't take my cumulative dose, I know my deformitive acne is coming back. I would be one lucky mofo if that didn't happen. And my acne is bad. It is mod severe. So I am gonna give the diet thing a try for the 4th time, and see if it works,even though it never dose. From what I understand, it a low GI diet, you have to see if you are allergic to anything, blah blah blah, complicated shit that maybe I will never get, because what is the odds of me finding what I am allergic to if it can be anything? I dont get it, and that explanation in this thread confuses the shit out of me.

Well, I guess my breakdown and theraphy has prepared me to cope if my deformation ever return. BTW, I am back in school and with my bf, and I don't plan on leaving them, with deformative acne and all. I pray to God to find me a solution....

MemberMember
(@whoartthou1)

Posted : 04/29/2013 1:11 am

hey cervantes, just curious but I have a few questions

1) How long were you on antibiotics for?

2) Were you taking 30mg a day accutane for a whole year?

how much acne did you have?

thanks!

MemberMember
(@quetzlcoatl)

Posted : 04/29/2013 11:09 pm

Is your acne tied to diet? As in, does it get worse after eating something? Diet is not the solution to all acne problems.

I would suggest finding a naturopath. If you have some money you're willing to spend, you can get very extensive testing done to understand what exactly is wrong. Blood test for vitamin status and food sensitivities, and stool test for microbiota status, are the most useful.

If it turns out to be food sensitivities and/or leaky gut, I would immediately suggest colostrum, which I'm sure all of the people reading my posts are sick of hearing. But I can't extol the virtues of this magical substance enough. If, of course, leaky gut is your problem.

MemberMember
(@auguriesofinnocence)

Posted : 04/29/2013 11:31 pm

hey Ive SO been there.

Same story with me--my acne which had always been mild went crazy last year, I tried diet changes (didnt help my skin but made me underweight and undernourished) I had been on and off antibiotics for years. the doctors give them out like candy... Then I took accutane for 1 month, and went suicidal. It wasnt pretty, I was in the mental ward also... I didnt feel better for 3-4 months after, I have to take antidepressants and I freaking had to be watched 24/7 to keep from offing myself. Truly, horrible stuff.

Anyway my point is, acne is hormonal. Diet alone wont change it, the only reason accutane works is because it dries up the oil--oil is produced because of hormones. I had acne for 20 years and the only thing which cleared it is yaz birth control and anti- DHT supplements (plainspeak: saw palmetto and spearmint. Both are cheap and easily available). I started yaz in October 2012 and in 4 months my skin was clear, it is still clear. I eat anything I want. No more acne. Yah people can say well birth control is dangerous too blah blah, well anything has its normal risks aspirin, cold meds, birth conrtol, but accutane is worse than cocaine and probably heroin and rat poison.

Please, dont blame yourself for the accutane problems, that shot should be illegal Roche can burn in hell. Its important to eat well and get good nutrition but acne cant be cured by diet alone, unfortunately. A lot of people have advice on what can help accutane sufferers but thats another thread. That dosage was extremely high! I went batty at 10 per day in 1 month. Id try probiotics, colostrum, yogurt, it is all good but dont starve yourself and cut out everything like I did youll only end up worse off.

Hello, I was in here 2011 when I had a major breakdown, because my antibiotics failed, and my moderately severe acne flared up. It caused me to end up in a partial hospital, break up with my bf, and I ended up dropping out of professional school. Well I am back, and my face is clear as a baby.............but with accutane 30X a week. It's been great, and I have been on accutane for over a year now, reducing it gradually, but maybe not fast enough, cause now I have developed clicking in my joints, and some mild pain here and there, but nothing serious. Of course I am gonna have to stop the accutane at least for a while, unless if I want to destroy my joints, bones and musculoskeletal system. The odd thing is against my derms advice, I actually lowered the dose by myself, so imagine if I would have kept taking 30 a day like he said. I would have been worse!

Anyhow, since I didn't take my cumulative dose, I know my deformitive acne is coming back. I would be one lucky mofo if that didn't happen. And my acne is bad. It is mod severe. So I am gonna give the diet thing a try for the 4th time, and see if it works,even though it never dose. From what I understand, it a low GI diet, you have to see if you are allergic to anything, blah blah blah, complicated shit that maybe I will never get, because what is the odds of me finding what I am allergic to if it can be anything? I dont get it, and that explanation in this thread confuses the shit out of me.

Well, I guess my breakdown and theraphy has prepared me to cope if my deformation ever return. BTW, I am back in school and with my bf, and I don't plan on leaving them, with deformative acne and all. I pray to God to find me a solution....

MemberMember
(@kelseylee)

Posted : 04/30/2013 2:03 am

Hey quetzlcoatl,

How has colostrum helped you? I have not heard of this, even on here. xx

MemberMember
(@quetzlcoatl)

Posted : 05/01/2013 11:21 pm

Colostrum led to almost complete and permanent clearance of my chest acne after 3 weeks. I would get this acne after eating foods I was sensitive to, and occasionally after eating anything at all.

MemberMember
(@alternativista)

Posted : 05/02/2013 7:21 am

You can follow a diet of hypoallergenic foods for a month or so, then methodically add things back in and watch for a reaction. you shouldn't need to follow a low gi diet. What you need to do is avoid any high GL meals, drinks and snacks. And that affects everything to do with health. Replace processed foods with nutrient dense foods to supply the nutrients your body needs to function properly to regulate hormones, inflammatory response, etc. acne isn't actually hormonal. Hormones merely exacerbate the problem. Inflammatory responses actually initiate the impaired cell formation and desquamation that causes true acne.

MemberMember
(@cervantes86)

Posted : 05/02/2013 8:22 pm

You can follow a diet of hypoallergenic foods for a month or so, then methodically add things back in and watch for a reaction. you shouldn't need to follow a low gi diet. What you need to do is avoid any high GL meals, drinks and snacks. And that affects everything to do with health. Replace processed foods with nutrient dense foods to supply the nutrients your body needs to function properly to regulate hormones, inflammatory response, etc. acne isn't actually hormonal. Hormones merely exacerbate the problem. Inflammatory responses actually initiate the impaired cell formation and desquamation that causes true acne.

thanks, ill try once again. i just try not to think about this problem anymore, because it just makes me crazy...

hey cervantes, just curious but I have a few questions

1) How long were you on antibiotics for?

2) Were you taking 30mg a day accutane for a whole year?

how much acne did you have?

thanks!

i was at 30 for a couple of months, and bought it down every 3 months, till i was at 90 for the last 4 months. then i started getting joint issues....

topical antibiotics helped me for 5 whole years. till i grew immune.... i had mod severe acne.