Notifications
Clear all

Healing Acne Going Back On The Pill?

MemberMember
(@wow_dawgyahoo-com)

Posted : 02/21/2013 6:39 pm

Hey everyone!

I started taking Yasmin when I was 14 for moderate acne on my face, and it worked great! My skin healed pretty well. Four years later, when I was 18, I decided to go off the pill to see if I had grown out of my acne or not. That was almost a year ago (last March) when I stopped.

Now my skin is worse than when I was 14, and I'm thinking of starting the pill again (yasmin).

How long will it take for my skin to start clearing up again if/when I start on the pill again? My acne is moderate/severe.

MemberMember
(@green-gables)

Posted : 02/23/2013 2:00 pm

Hey everyone!

I started taking Yasmin when I was 14 for moderate acne on my face, and it worked great! My skin healed pretty well. Four years later, when I was 18, I decided to go off the pill to see if I had grown out of my acne or not. That was almost a year ago (last March) when I stopped.

Now my skin is worse than when I was 14, and I'm thinking of starting the pill again (yasmin).

How long will it take for my skin to start clearing up again if/when I start on the pill again? My acne is moderate/severe.

There's really no way to say. Generally it takes longer the second time around than the first.

Take this as a lesson learned. Hormonal problems do not go away for most women. Once you find a hormonal treatment that works to clear your skin, expect to stay on it indefinitely.

Good luck. I hope Yasmin works for you again.

MemberMember
(@loulou78)

Posted : 05/18/2014 12:14 pm

Hi there. Just wanted to ask after seeing this post, I'm having breakouts after coming off the pill too and have returned on the pill to cure it, does it work and how long did It take for you to see recovery??