Notifications
Clear all

Dermal Fillers

MemberMember
(@determinedtowin)

Posted : 02/21/2013 3:16 pm

Hi,

Can anoyone share their experiences of dermal fillers?

I am in the UK and keep hearing good things about fillers? I have sunken cheeks and hope they may help..

MemberMember
(@determinedtowin)

Posted : 02/25/2013 5:25 am

Anyone?

MemberMember
(@acnescar123)

Posted : 02/25/2013 7:11 am

Why not try subcision first?

MemberMember
(@determinedtowin)

Posted : 02/27/2013 9:54 am

Why not try subcision first?

Because of the downtime... I can't (because of my job) afford a long downtime :( I wondered if Dermal Fillers on their own made any difference?

MemberMember
(@rob_x_22)

Posted : 02/27/2013 10:49 am

i was looking into using ur fat as a filler i read somewhere it would last for 10 yearS?!!?!?

MemberMember
(@determinedtowin)

Posted : 03/01/2013 2:06 pm

It seems you need treatments like laser to go alongside these treatments... I'd really like to know about fillers off people on here as private clinics just want to sell you the derma roller!!

MemberMember
(@real-acnekiller)

Posted : 03/06/2013 6:08 am

only one great treatment for sunken cheek and other depressed scars. artesense in canada artefill in usually on average 2-4 treatments and skin level back to normal.very safe u go every 10 weeks for injections until skin level raised to where u wish.dont get fat injections totally inexact science I know from early 90s treatments.find a reccomended derm or plastic surgeon for artesense no down time either. Check results at smithlaser com

MemberMember
(@dc-girl-3)

Posted : 03/06/2013 3:37 pm

Yes, dermal fillers work well for that.

I had some put in a big dent I had from a cyst/cortisone shot and it worked fabulously.

I would try it with hyaluronic acid type fillers because if you don't like how it looks its not permanent

MemberMember
(@rob_x_22)

Posted : 03/06/2013 5:14 pm

how long do the fillers last dc girl?

MemberMember
(@acnescar123)

Posted : 03/06/2013 5:48 pm

Temporary ones? 3-12 months.

MemberMember
(@dc-girl-3)

Posted : 03/06/2013 8:15 pm

Temporary ones? 3-12 months.

Yep.

MemberMember
(@real-acnekiller)

Posted : 03/07/2013 2:02 am

USually juvederm 3-10 months radiesse around 9 months on average evolence 1 year but may cause raised bumps if not injected expertly. ARTEFILL ARTESENSEsemi permanent even though theyre pretty permanent.every 5-10 years may need slight touch up injections or may not need any.been having done since 2002 never any problems with plus the last 5 years the results more impressive due to exact science of the microspheres injected

MemberMember
(@rob_x_22)

Posted : 03/07/2013 10:09 am

you have been having artefill done?

MemberMember
(@fruitbiscuits)

Posted : 03/07/2013 2:04 pm

USually juvederm 3-10 months radiesse around 9 months on average evolence 1 year but may cause raised bumps if not injected expertly. ARTEFILL ARTESENSEsemi permanent even though theyre pretty permanent.every 5-10 years may need slight touch up injections or may not need any.been having done since 2002 never any problems with plus the last 5 years the results more impressive due to exact science of the microspheres injected

Totally right about developing bumps. I got a bump(about less than 1cm...) from the treatment and it's very close to my mouth. My doctor and I compared before and after pictures together at his office, and he confirmed that I didn't have the bump before the treatment. I got it when I got my very first treatment. My doctor told me to keep rolling with Q-tip and massaging it but I still have it... :'( Looks really bad in some lighting... sad.pngsad.pngsad.png Not only acne scars, I have to hide the bump using filler now and cost too much...

I've been having multiple Juvederm filler treatments with light subcision for acne scars since last summer. I chose my doctor, because he was the only one didn't offer me laser treatments(I used to against laser treatments...), He also seemed like a genuine nice doctor, and listen to my concerns.

I use Juvederm, because it supposes to last 6 months according to my doctor, but my filler effect usually goes away less than 2 months(some of them less than a month). All my scars are very shallow. My last treatment was January this year(before this treatment was late December... sad.png !), and most of fillers already went away... sad.png

Also filler treatments are unpredictable...My doctor sometimes dose a decent to great job, but sometimes he does a bad job. A few times, I ended up looking like I got many bug bites on my face and lumps every where...Sometimes, some fillers go away less than a week...Sometimes he injects fillers to slightly wrong places, but my skin is usually swelling right after the treatment, so I can't tell his mistakes until those swelling go down(takes 3 days to 1 week). I usually have to go back to doctor's office to get touch-up within 2 weeks because of these reason, but it sucks because the doctor's office is far from my home, and every time I have filler treatment, I get bruises.

Also, fillers may fill scars temporary, but they don't improve the texture of skin, so you still feel insecure if you have texture issue. My improvement with filler/light subcision is 10-40%.

Overall, It's very pricy, unpredictable, and requires high maintance...I am not sure it's worth the money...! Good luck OP!

ZoomButt.gif
MemberMember
(@jabberwocky80)

Posted : 03/07/2013 5:07 pm

I've had Prevelle Silk injected in a huge indentation that was left over from a cyst that my derm injected with cortisone. It lasted 3 days. :( Had Restylane injected after that with a Botox needle. Stayed plumped for about a year. I went here recently and had a whole tube of Restylane injected into various indented scars and in the lines from my nose to mouth and mouth to chin. I'm not satisified with the results as I was when my derm injected it into the huge scar. It's a neverending effing deal and I'm quite frustrated.

MemberMember
(@justmeuk)

Posted : 03/08/2013 11:01 am

It depends how much filler you need as it could be quite costly. Also if your scars are tethered filler won't help as you will get a doughnut effect.

MemberMember
(@no_hope)

Posted : 06/17/2013 7:23 pm

only one great treatment for sunken cheek and other depressed scars. artesense in canada artefill in usually on average 2-4 treatments and skin level back to normal.very safe u go every 10 weeks for injections until skin level raised to where u wish.dont get fat injections totally inexact science I know from early 90s treatments.find a reccomended derm or plastic surgeon for artesense no down time either. Check results at smithlaser com

where in canada did u get this done. im in toronto canada and they offer artesense at one clinic. what type of scars did u get the filler on.