Notifications
Clear all

Started 40Mg Myorisan Jan 7Th

MemberMember
(@tracy1971)

Posted : 02/20/2013 9:52 pm

Age 41. Female. Moderate acne primarily on chin. Tried proactive, antibiotic, differin, numerous other over the counter treatments. Nothing worked. Constantly broke out. On day 45 of Myorisan 40mg(I weigh 100lbs). Was very concerned about IB and side effects. Have had minor dryness of lips, some facial skin flaking, some lower back pain. Past that NOTHING, thank God. As far as effectiveness I saw no changes until about day 38 other than acne cycle was shorter. Around day 38 acne just went away. I currently have zero acne on my face which is unheard of for me. No IB at all. I hope with all my heart that that does not change. So far I am a fan of accutane and hope it stays that way. After insurance it cost me around $115 a month which includes accutane, bloodwork, and doctors app. I'm glad I decided to do this and that my derm agreed since I only had moderate acne and only on my chin. Appreciate all the post on this board. They really help me a lot.

MemberMember
(@cheezycakes)

Posted : 02/20/2013 9:55 pm

Really glad to hear it's working out! Sounds like your acne is the mild/moderate type.

I'm curious if your acne is hormone related? As in, were you on birth control at some point and it didn't work?

MemberMember
(@tracy1971)

Posted : 02/20/2013 10:16 pm

I've always thought it was hormonal as I have dry skin and it worsened right before cycle. It was way better when I was on BC but I have has ablation so no more BC. I forgot to mention dry flaky skin around nose. Though I have NO complaints after some of the side effects some people have experienced. I use Cephzil(sp?) on my face for the flakiness.

MemberMember
(@tracy1971)

Posted : 03/01/2013 3:01 pm

Still going fairly well. Currently still acne free. On day 47 40mgs. Skin flaking is gone. Lower back pain has pretty much changed to whole body pain though. Back, neck, legs, all my bones ache :( Still have no complaints, it's worth it.

MemberMember
(@tracy1971)

Posted : 03/06/2013 10:38 am

In my 8th week. Really have nothing to report which is a blessing. Dry lips but nothing you can visually see just a feeling of dryness. Still no current breakouts anywhere. I am thrilled. My chin(my issue area) is red but I feel the dark spots are going away. I use Garnier BB cream for foundation but first apply green cover up under it and you can't see the dark spots(from old acne) or redness. Does anyone know if they will pull you off early if the acne is cleared up and gone? I hate the thought of going into summer and not being able to be in the sun. I am headed to the beach in three weeks and hope it goes ok......forgot to add, I feel I am getting lines under my eyes that weren't there before. Also, if I put any sorta cream under my eyes(which I do 100 times a day now due to the "lines") it burns like fire. Ouch!

MemberMember
(@tracy1971)

Posted : 03/07/2013 10:44 am

Definitely have some major changes going on under my eyes. Still no complaints as my face is completely acne free. I know I am 41 but look way younger so these lines are a bit dissappointing but the trade off is worth it. 40mg once a day on about week 8 right now. Maybe my derm will give me something for the wrinkles when I see her this month.

MemberMember
(@tracy1971)

Posted : 03/12/2013 7:41 am

On week 9. Have been about two weeks clear. Achy joints really bad all over but thats pretty much it at this point. I did all of a sudden last night have two pimples appear simultaneously on my face(not chin) they are red, small, and painful but not really obvious, most people wouldn't even notice. I immediately slathered on Differin. Usually since starting Accutane the pimple cycle has been MUCH shorter so I'm grateful for that but dissappointed that the acne is back. Oh well, maybe its because I started using sunless tanning spray but I had done that like two hours before the breakout. I can't imagine it being that fast. Also the creases around my eyes are still very prevalent:(

MemberMember
(@tracy1971)

Posted : 03/18/2013 8:31 pm

2 1/2 month on 40mg. Not really any new side effects. Still have body aches and pains, a scaly spot on the back of my hand, and yesterday I was rubbing what I thought was dry skin off my chin and it all of a sudden felt weird so I checked and realized a layer of skin sorta rubbed off. Ouch! Very raw and tender, applying neosporin. Can't believe my skin rolled off so easily. Blood test tomorrow and derm app Thursday. Heading to Florida in a little over a week, hope I don't fry:( For the most part skin is really clear right now.

MemberMember
(@tracy1971)

Posted : 03/21/2013 12:42 pm

I'm off on my time. I might be 2 1/2 months in but technically I have had only 60 doses. Just went for my 3rd monthly today. Blood work was fine. Face is currently clear. No back/body pain today, yay. Will take dose 61 tonight. She also gave me trial bottles of Lipid Drops because I complained about the creases under my eyes. Hope it helps. So far so good!

Day 60

40mg Myorisan 100lbs

Currently completely acne free:)

MemberMember
(@tracy1971)

Posted : 03/22/2013 6:20 pm

My confession....I went to the tanning bed and tanned, for 5 minutes, in a level 4(80% bronzing 20% base tan) so far I'm not dead. Will report back if bad things happen to me, I know I deserve it.....but it made me SOOOO happy. Possibly might need to grow up, I'll ponder that idea.

MemberMember
(@tracy1971)

Posted : 05/08/2013 2:38 pm

On day 100 right now and still so far so good. Body aches still pretty prevalent about every other day. Still no ill effects from the sun:) Only one more time to get blood work and see derm. Can't wait to be done.

MemberMember
(@garcia26)

Posted : 08/07/2013 3:54 pm

What type of insurance do you have? you only pay..Woow $115 I have to pay $920 Please tell me I'm desperate :/

MemberMember
(@tracy1971)

Posted : 11/04/2013 6:47 pm

What type of insurance do you have? you only pay..Woow $115 I have to pay $920 Please tell me I'm desperate :/

Sorry just seeing this. I have ChampVa through the military.

Almost five month post and still no acne. Very thankful.

MemberMember
(@iphne12795)

Posted : 11/13/2013 3:51 pm

17 male and starting the myorisan 40mg today. Only cost me $10 with insurance and will post with updates. I'm only concerned about the joints and dry lips/eyes since I already have issues with them. I have cystic acne on my back and mild acne on my fsce. Praying this is the end of my 5 year long journey to getting rid of acne