Notifications
Clear all

Acne And Blepharitis

MemberMember
(@drewfish01)

Posted : 02/20/2013 6:06 pm

Does anyone here who have acne have blepharitis. Its irritation/infection of the eye where there is pain and discharge. I went to an eye doctor and was told i have this. I asked the cause and was told its infection and could be because of bacteria or acne. She noticed i had acne. Does anyone here have acne have this? I noticed i have like dermatits on my forehead and i keep scratching my eyebrows b/c its very very itchy.

MemberMember
(@shadylee)

Posted : 02/20/2013 8:03 pm

hiya drewfish..a few months ago i was on accutane for a month, my eyes got very irritated and the lids and the margins of the eyes got extremely swollen..i went to eye dr. and he said i had extreme dry eye and blepharitis and was probably due to the accutane..unfortunately accutane attacks all oil glands..he said unfortunately you need the oil your eyes produce to ward off bacteria..bacteria is what causes blepharitis..i decided to come off accutane bc he said in some cases accutane will basically shrivel up the oil glands of the eye, and thats why some people have permanent dry eye after accutane..He told me to do warm compresses twice daily..wash lids twice a day with sterilid..the warm compresses are to break up the discharge coming out..the discharge is the oil that is not flowing right..the glands are becoming clogged , you need to get the oil flowing properly again..I am a female and he told me i really shouldnt wear eye make up until i had the bleph under control..unfortunately there is no cure for bleph, but you can manage it...months later my eyes are wayyyy better, i was really nervous for awhile..i also am on restasis which is scrip eye drop..for the most part my eyes are back to normal, but sometimes they do get irritated and the lids will swell :(...My dr said that people with rosacea and dermatitis will sometimes form bleph..he didnt say regular acne though...he did say it was very important to keep the lids and lashes clean, and to keep up with the compresses..good luck!

MemberMember
(@drewfish01)

Posted : 02/20/2013 8:38 pm

hi thank you for your info. May i ask what you use to wash your lids? Yu mention sterilid. Is that a prescription or can you get it off amazon/drug store

MemberMember
(@shadylee)

Posted : 02/21/2013 3:39 pm

you can buy sterilid in a drug store, its non scrip..its made especially for the eyes..some drs recommend baby shampoo, but i found it very drying to the delicate skin around the eye..i really recommend sterilid bc its made so it wont irritate the delicate skin around the eye..it took me about 4 weeks of really diligent warm compresses and washing the lids for me to notice my eyes were getting better..i've gotten lazy with the compresses lately, and i do wear eye makeup now, but not everyday..for the most part my eyes are ok..but after a week or so of wearing make up and not doing compresses my lids do get irritated, so then i'll start to behave again, lol