Notifications
Clear all

First Round Of Accutane As A 22 Year Old Girl

MemberMember
(@roxgardner)

Posted : 02/20/2013 5:28 pm

So the anxiety is starting... Tomorrow is the day.

I've suffered from acne for the past 12 years all over my body. My scaring is out of control and I wear pounds of makeup to cover them up. I actually forgot the last time I went swimming and I was completely covered for my wedding day.

I did a few different creams and antibiotics but nothing changed.

I'm just looking for support. Especially from other females. Thanks guys!

MemberMember
(@whereismymind)

Posted : 02/20/2013 5:59 pm

Well I had a really great experience with Accutane! I took it for 6 months when I turned 20. I was clear in 3 weeks and little side effects. I know I was one of the lucky ones but I do think Accutane is normally less painful then the impression you would get from this site. People who keep Accutane logs tend to be people that are having a hard time with it and need the support, so you hear more of their stories. People like me wouldn't keep a log or even come on this site because we've forgotten about acne!

However, I did have to take care of myself. Drink lots of water, wear sunscreen, don't drink alcohol, and get lots of sleep.

I will be taking Accutane again in a few weeks. I'm 25 now and I was completely clear until a few months ago and my acne is still waaaaay better than it was before my first round. I was hoping Accutane would clear me for good but all the same it did an amazing job.

Best of luck!

MemberMember
(@everythingthatshimmers)

Posted : 02/20/2013 6:46 pm

Good luck to you! I start next week so can totally relate to the anxiety. You're not alone!

MemberMember
(@monopoly)

Posted : 02/20/2013 10:08 pm

That's when I started Accutane too! It changed my life, and I suffered likewise for half my life. It cleared up everything and am much more happier and comfortable with my body. Take pictures every week to track your progress, it is truly amazing to look back on. Also, hydrate yourself with water, get lip balm, and stop wearing heavy makeup. This is a time where your skin and body in general will be under a lot of stress so just be kind to it by being gentle in your beauty regiment and eating healthier. I'm so excited for you, remember to take pics!

MemberMember
(@terracotta479)

Posted : 02/20/2013 10:12 pm

I'm a 19 year old female and I'm on day 21! Ahh I've had the WORST initial breakout and have been a practical hermit because of it, but I really hope that by the end of my first month it is back to normal. Be aware that it can get a lot worse before it gets better (my face was bad before but I had never had acne as bad as my IB is) and just give your skin lots of TLC. Best of luck!

MemberMember
(@roxgardner)

Posted : 02/21/2013 12:39 am

You ladies have already made me feel so much better :) I'm scared about the initial breakout just because I'm a waitress and secretary so my looks sort of depends on my jobs and ill be wearing way less makeup. I also need to switch everything from oily skin to dry skin.

Also, any news about getting tattooed while on accutane? I'm in the middle of getting a sleeve.

MemberMember
(@megapher92)

Posted : 02/22/2013 12:55 am

Good luck!

I am a 21 year old female about to start in a few weeks! I am also crazy anxious!

I hope your results are fantastic!

Keep us posted! As I will try to as well.

:)

MemberMember
(@monopoly)

Posted : 02/22/2013 4:36 pm

It would be best not to tattoo while on Accutane, remember your skin is thinning when you're on it. Don't worry about the IB, you might be one of those lucky ppl like me who never got it and improved the entire way through. :)

MemberMember
(@roxgardner)

Posted : 02/23/2013 12:46 pm

Well I started 40 mg once a day for the first month. We will see :)

MemberMember
(@sydneycat)

Posted : 02/25/2013 3:51 pm

I can completely relate to you. I am also 22 and female, relying heavily on makeup. I just started my second month of Accutane. I'm not sure if I had an IB, because my skin is always unpredictable. I have not started clearing up yet, but I can tell you that the side effects are TOTALLY manageable. I'm hoping to start seeing results soon, and I hope you do too!