7Th Week On The Reg...

Notifications
Clear all

7Th Week On The Regimen..skin Still Not Great

MemberMember
(@hopeful26)

Posted : 02/20/2013 12:44 pm

I have mild/moderate acne. I've just hit the 7 week mark on the regimen (using Dan's products). During the first 3 weeks I did see some improvement, and then gradually my skin got drier and started breaking out more and more often. I switched out Dan's moisturizer for CeraVe, and that's been keeping my skin a lot more supple. However, I feel like the BP is still bringing all the stuff under the skin to the surface, in an icky way (a purge?). I started incorporating Dan's AHA about a week ago, and I must say I do think it has been helping with the breakouts (especially healing quickly) and red marks.

Is this normal? How much longer can I expect this "purge" to go on for before I get "all clear"?

MemberMember
(@robertmcg7)

Posted : 02/22/2013 6:45 pm

For me i was completly clear after 6 weeks but ive read lots of stories of people who took 3 months before they got clear, some 4 month. Whatever you do , dont give up on the regimen some peoples skin take longer than others, stay strong and keep up with the regimen everyday You WILL get clear skin by the end of the 4th month for sure.

MemberMember
(@hopeful26)

Posted : 02/23/2013 4:50 pm

Thanks Robert. :). I hope you're right! I guess I figured that since I'm a fairly mild case it would happen fast. Patience...

MemberMember
(@robertmcg7)

Posted : 02/23/2013 5:06 pm

Patience is key but you WILL definetly get clear as long as you stay consistent, that is the key. Good luck with the rest of your journey.