Notifications
Clear all

2 Weeks Post Accutane And Small Bumps All Over Face

MemberMember
(@spidermanforever)

Posted : 02/20/2013 6:16 am

Yeah i finished my course 2 weeks ago and yesterday noticed small flesh coloured bumps all over my face. Is my face readjusting?? They are not pimples- very small pinpoint bumps that make my skin feel rough and raised. I hope they go away soon-otherthan this my face is clear (touch wood) and scars are fading.

MemberMember
(@whoartthou1)

Posted : 02/20/2013 6:51 am

did u have these prior to tane?

MemberMember
(@spidermanforever)

Posted : 02/20/2013 7:23 am

did u have these prior to tane?

No but i did have a few on my forehead and cheeks whilst on tane.... should i maybe start gently exfoliating using a gentle facial scrub?? Ive been using cetaphil but my skin is no longer dry its going back to how it was before combination skin...

could they be clogged pores?

MemberMember
(@spidermanforever)

Posted : 02/20/2013 10:01 am

anyone got any ideas?

MemberMember
(@melmel87)

Posted : 02/20/2013 10:27 am

anyone got any ideas?

They're closed comedones. If the follicle wall ruptures in them they will turn into inflamed acne. What are you treating your skin with? You should call the dermatologist to see what they suggest using.

MemberMember
(@spidermanforever)

Posted : 02/20/2013 10:40 am

cetaphil cleanser and simple moisturiser

MemberMember
(@spidermanforever)

Posted : 02/20/2013 11:45 am

what will derm most likely do?

MemberMember
(@spidermanforever)

Posted : 02/20/2013 6:04 pm

They are itchy ...allergic reaction?

MemberMember
(@leelowe1)

Posted : 02/20/2013 8:09 pm

you may need to start a retinoid like retin A to keep your pores clear. When i was on a retinoid, those annoyning bumps were the first thing to clear up

Speak to your derm asap and don't wait

MemberMember
(@spidermanforever)

Posted : 02/21/2013 7:33 am

Its so weird I usually get these bumps on my hands in the summer they look like small blisters and are itchy....I live in UK and it has been so cold over here however I day before the problem occured, it was pretty sunny- i had all my windows open and blinds open but stayed inside all day :(