Notifications
Clear all

Has Anyone Actually Managed To Get Rid Of Their Marks?

MemberMember
(@xxyy)

Posted : 02/19/2013 1:26 pm

Anyone at all? I feel like im yet to read a true success story in this part of the forum! I want to get rid of these suckers but I dont want to spend money on things that arent going to work.

MemberMember
(@tracy521)

Posted : 02/19/2013 2:26 pm

yup IPL its super fast and easy and safe. i used to get them done on my lunch breaks and go right back to work. for me it takes 1-3 sessions to get rid of my marks and that is with 3 passes on each mark. i get the IPL's for my brown spots as well as broken caps too. i have been doing them for longer than 6 years or so. i pay $130 a session.

MemberMember
(@xxyy)

Posted : 02/19/2013 2:45 pm

does that work for the purpley coloured marks? I feel like theyre different to just pigmentation from melanin, they look like trapped blood under the skin or something.

MemberMember
(@tracy521)

Posted : 02/19/2013 4:49 pm

yes it does as long as the cyst is flat and there isn't any leftover stuff in there.

MemberMember
(@user146096)

Posted : 02/20/2013 5:13 am

Yes, I have. 6 year old marks went poof.

MemberMember
(@xxyy)

Posted : 02/22/2013 4:12 pm

cool! how?!

MemberMember
(@user146096)

Posted : 02/22/2013 4:17 pm

cool! how?!

I did 60% lactic acid peels, twice a week. Tbh, I wasn't even prepared for the results, so that was a pleasant surprise. I HIGHLY recommend it.

MemberMember
(@xxyy)

Posted : 02/22/2013 4:23 pm

cool! how?!

I did 60% lactic acid peels, twice a week. Tbh, I wasn't even prepared for the results, so that was a pleasant surprise. I HIGHLY recommend it.

I was thinking about trying those! what exactly happens? does your skin peel off over a few days or something? where do you buy it from?

MemberMember
(@user146096)

Posted : 02/22/2013 4:44 pm

cool! how?!

I was thinking about trying those! what exactly happens? does your skin peel off over a few days or something? where do you buy it from?

Well, your (I use this to refer to what happened to me) face will look shiny, the day after you do the peel. About 1-2 days in, you develop dark patches on your skin (more notably on the already pigmented areas). The dark patches on your skin harden over time and form a scab. In about 3 days, they fall off and your skin is slightly to moderately lighter than your original skin tone, but within a day, it reverts back to your original skin tone. That's it really. I put extra on the problem parts with HUGE areas of PIH and it worked extremely well. The whole area scabbed over and then fell off.

I bought it from ebay, from a company called mty_skincare and it costs 6.70.

MemberMember
(@ccasey)

Posted : 02/23/2013 3:45 am

My acne was mild at worst, but I made the mistake of applying two different moisturizers on top of each other. Anyways, my left cheek broke out terribly.

What I did was:

1) Treat and stop any acne that pops up around blemised area (most important step IMO)

2) Started Using AHA+ (Dan's product, gave some results...)

3) Manual Exfoliation of some sort (your preference as to which method) my personal ranking: Cloth > Sponge > Brush

4) Time (most effective solution)

Now you can hardly notice I had my worse breakout on my left cheek. Skin looks fine under white light, sunlight, water, etc. It will be six years this coming summer since that time, but I don't think it will take that long for others. I stopped being self-conscious about my red marks within two years.