Notifications
Clear all

Dr. Rapaport In Nj

MemberMember
(@munsoned)

Posted : 02/18/2013 4:48 pm

I recently had a consultation appt. with Dr. Rapaport in NJ and I actually have been there in the past but last time I went which was about 5 years ago I needed more done and it cost significantly more..I could have done financing but decided to treat on my own..They actually perform derma rolling at is office which I was not aware of. They use a 2mm roller. The nurse was surprised when I told her I roll on my own.lol Considering the progress I have made on my own over the years I just wanted to go there and consider a treatment option for a couple areas that have been especially stubborn to the rolling/needling. Mainly the right ball of my cheek which is more than scars it is a large burn..And also 2 scars on my forehead. He took a look and said 2 treatments with fraxel would be the best option. Also my last rolling/needling sessions were between 2-4 months ago..So I think I am going to schedule an appt and get it done. I will keep all you guys posted.

MemberMember
(@michi31)

Posted : 02/18/2013 6:04 pm

Seems fraxel restore is his standard treatment. Good luck and please update 3-6 months after!

MemberMember
(@munsoned)

Posted : 02/21/2013 12:14 pm

Seems fraxel restore is his standard treatment. Good luck and please update 3-6 months after!

Thank you michi31:) You can count on me to update 6mo after my final treatment.. My appt. is set and after I get my first treatment done I will update.

MemberMember
(@oopli)

Posted : 06/16/2013 7:12 pm

Thank you michi31:) You can count on me to update 6mo after my final treatment.. My appt. is set and after I get my first treatment done I will update.

How have your treatments gone??..Dr. Rap also recommended 2 fraxels and 2 TCA cross for me, going to get it done in a couple months.

MemberMember
(@munsoned)

Posted : 06/16/2013 8:15 pm

How have your treatments gone??..Dr. Rap also recommended 2 fraxels and 2 TCA cross for me, going to get it done in a couple months.

They went well thanks..I have seen some significant progress thus far and it takes up to 6mo to see the full benefits so it is still ongoing. So far though I am very pleased. Though I think Dr. Rap may have under estimated how many treatments I could use, specifically for my right cheek. So I'll probably schedule an appt. after 6mo and go discuss possibly another 2 treatments with him. I think that would put the finishing touches on things for me.

Thats great man..Getting that evaluation and discussing treatment options at his office is a big step...I wish you all the best. Keep us all posted when you get your first treatment done.

MemberMember
(@munsoned)

Posted : 09/23/2013 8:33 pm

An update..it has been 6mo post fraxel treatments that I got done on my forehead and right cheek and the results were very good and it has had a very big impact on my self confidence. I have continued to see improvements right up until the present and this past month, the areas treated went from good to even better.

It is not a miracle cure but at the stage my scars were at, the fraxel was very effective. It was expensive but worth it. It did what the other treatments I had done were not going to do. Rolling/needling/tca helped quite a bit but it goes to show that a combo of treatments is most effective.

Today was a 6mo follow up appt with Dr. Rap and I discussed another round of fraxel with him and he wasted no time and we just went ahead and did it. So today I got my 3rd treatment done which I did not expect was very happy he went ahead and did it because I just want to get it done. And it saved me another trip. My initial treatments I did my forehead and right cheek. Today I only had about a 1" area on my forehead treated, my upper left cheek which I did not get done last time, and my entire right cheek again. My right cheek has the most severe scarring.

He let me use a marker to draw borders of where he would treat which was great. It allowed me to have him hit the areas without fail and hit them he did. I go back in a month for a follow up. I'm not sure if at that time I will get my 4th treatment or not. It is possible. One thing I am 100% positive about. My left cheek and forehead will be finished after this round. All that will be left if anything is my right cheek.

I am beginning led therapy tonight and will continue that for 3 weeks. I have nothing but good things to say about Dr. Rap and his staff. These treatments are not cheap..But he does a fantastic job and it has been worth every penny for me and then some. I think Dr. Rap and his entire staff are awesome. They always make me feel very comfortable and Dr. rap will do exactly what you ask if you speak up.

I'll continue to update my progress up until at least 6mo post this second round of treatments. Hope all you guys are well and if your scars are having a very negative impact on the quality of your life then get out there and do something about it. Improvement is possible if you want it. I'm living proof of that as are many others on this forum who decided that they would find a way and not let this defeat them.

u1971 liked
MemberMember
(@starlite)

Posted : 09/23/2013 9:06 pm

That's great news, musoned! Congratulations! This does inspire me to try laser. This was fraxel restore, correct?

MemberMember
(@munsoned)

Posted : 09/24/2013 6:16 pm

That's great news, musoned! Congratulations! This does inspire me to try laser. This was fraxel restore, correct?

Thank you Starlite:-) Yup it was..And one thing you notice with this is you see results almost right off the bat that are lasting, not micro swelling. A staff member at his office just got this same treatment done and commented to me that she saw instant improvements but she passed it off as microswelling. But she said the results never went away. I noticed the same thing with my first and second treatment. My first treatment especially. Depending on the severity of your scarring you may require a combo of treatments. I think it is very important to find a good doc who can offer a combo of treatments (if you need that) not just a generic approach of we do laser to every person with scars who walks through the door. The treatment needs to match the individual. That is a key..

But I feel strongly that fraxel is a huge piece of the puzzle. I saw a very high % of improvement on my forehead. I had one of my worst scars on my forehead and even a month ago I would look at it and say to myself "I need to get that scar treated again" but come the day of my 6mo follow up I told myself I would only get it done if the cost was no more than I was charged for my other sessions. I wanted to get some of my left side done this time around which I had not done previously. It seems like the areas he was most aggressive on responded the best. And I think I would have continued to see improvements beyond 6 months because I was still seeing them at 6months.

If you think it can help then go for it Starlite..

MemberMember
(@starlite)

Posted : 09/25/2013 7:36 pm

I'm really pleased to hear that. There are so many people on this board who say that their results from Restore were minimal, and it really made me hesitant to try it. But more ablative lasers make me nervous because of the effect those lasers can have on skin elasticity. So this does inspire me to give Restore a chance, despite how expensive the procedure tends to be! Thank you for keeping us updated on your progress. I'm happy to hear your scarring continues to improve!

MemberMember
(@no_hope)

Posted : 09/26/2013 4:54 pm

how deep was your scarring on your forhead and cheeks. where they boxcar or rolling scars?if i lived in new jersey i would definitley see dr.rapport too bad i live north of the boarder!

MemberMember
(@munsoned)

Posted : 09/26/2013 7:15 pm

I'm really pleased to hear that. There are so many people on this board who say that their results from Restore were minimal, and it really made me hesitant to try it. But more ablative lasers make me nervous because of the effect those lasers can have on skin elasticity. So this does inspire me to give Restore a chance, despite how expensive the procedure tends to be! Thank you for keeping us updated on your progress. I'm happy to hear your scarring continues to improve!

Thanks a lot Starlite and you're welcome..More ablative lasers make me nervous to..I have always tried to find methods that could offer improvements with minimal risk. I mean there is always some risk with any of this. But restore is no biggie. I had worked for years on my scars trying to improve them. I was able to put myself in a position where I felt in my mind, based on where my scars where at, that restore could potentially make a significant difference for me and it has so far. My skin will never be perfect, I understand that. I went into my fraxel treatments hoping for the best but also recognizing how difficult it is to treat facial scars like these and scared pores ect ect..I had pretty modest expectations and fraxel went beyond those.

how deep was your scarring on your forhead and cheeks. where they boxcar or rolling scars?if i lived in new jersey i would definitley see dr.rapport too bad i live north of the boarder!

It varied no_hope..The scarring on my forehead was deep on 2 scars and also wide, and the rest was scared pores in large enough volumes where it just made things look bad. The Dr. was very aggressive when he treated my forehead and my forehead responded very well. One of my worst scars may approach 90%+ improvement after this round of treatments and the other is a large white scar that will never look like the surrounding skin. But it was also a crater and it has been smoothed out a ton! The bottom line is my forehead bothered me. I constantly would wear hats or headbands to cover up the scars. Before I even went in for my latest treatment I felt far more comfortable in its appearence. I think after this round, my forehead will no longer be an issue to me. At the very least nothing close to what it was.

My scarring is primarily ice pick..Many scared pores as well ect..I also have a burn on the right side of my face that left the entire ball of my cheek in really bad shape. Needling/rolling helped significantly in that area, but I took that as far as I could on my own. I still have scarring there but it is quite a bit better and after this round it should be improved even more.

I'm sure there are Dr's in your area who can help..Just try and find one you feel comfortable with and confident in the fact you feel they can help you. One thing is for sure, doing nothing will accomplish nothing. You gotta make it happen or it won't happen..Get on the phone, go for consultations, schedule appts. You know what helped me a lot with my scars? Just getting out there and taking steps to try and find a treatment. Step 1 was finding a Dr. I got the phone numbers, addresses, names of about 50 derms in NJ and started scheduling appts. Step 2 was going for a consultation. If I felt I had found a doc who could help, step 3 was scheduling the first treatment. One by one I knocked each step out until I did what I had to do. It all started with making calls and being determined to make it happen.

MemberMember
(@no_hope)

Posted : 09/26/2013 9:15 pm

Thanks a lot Starlite and you're welcome..More ablative lasers make me nervous to..I have always tried to find methods that could offer improvements with minimal risk. I mean there is always some risk with any of this. But restore is no biggie. I had worked for years on my scars trying to improve them. I was able to put myself in a position where I felt in my mind, based on where my scars where at, that restore could potentially make a significant difference for me and it has so far. My skin will never be perfect, I understand that. I went into my fraxel treatments hoping for the best but also recognizing how difficult it is to treat facial scars like these and scared pores ect ect..I had pretty modest expectations and fraxel went beyond those.

>how deep was your scarring on your forhead and cheeks. where they boxcar or rolling scars?if i lived in new jersey i would definitley see dr.rapport too bad i live north of the boarder!

It varied no_hope..The scarring on my forehead was deep on 2 scars and also wide, and the rest was scared pores in large enough volumes where it just made things look bad. The Dr. was very aggressive when he treated my forehead and my forehead responded very well. One of my worst scars may approach 90%+ improvement after this round of treatments and the other is a large white scar that will never look like the surrounding skin. But it was also a crater and it has been smoothed out a ton! The bottom line is my forehead bothered me. I constantly would wear hats or headbands to cover up the scars. Before I even went in for my latest treatment I felt far more comfortable in its appearence. I think after this round, my forehead will no longer be an issue to me. At the very least nothing close to what it was.

My scarring is primarily ice pick..Many scared pores as well ect..I also have a burn on the right side of my face that left the entire ball of my cheek in really bad shape. Needling/rolling helped significantly in that area, but I took that as far as I could on my own. I still have scarring there but it is quite a bit better and after this round it should be improved even more.

I'm sure there are Dr's in your area who can help..Just try and find one you feel comfortable with and confident in the fact you feel they can help you. One thing is for sure, doing nothing will accomplish nothing. You gotta make it happen or it won't happen..Get on the phone, go for consultations, schedule appts. You know what helped me a lot with my scars? Just getting out there and taking steps to try and find a treatment. Step 1 was finding a Dr. I got the phone numbers, addresses, names of about 50 derms in NJ and started scheduling appts. Step 2 was going for a consultation. If I felt I had found a doc who could help, step 3 was scheduling the first treatment. One by one I knocked each step out until I did what I had to do. It all started with making calls and being determined to make it happen.

interesting. im shocked restore worked on ice picks as many people have reported it does nothing for ice picks. i myself am doing a series of treatments called enerjet. its basically subcision plus filler in one. decent improvement after one treatment so far , still have the rest to go, im happy you achieved good enough improvement with restore. good luck

MemberMember
(@munsoned)

Posted : 09/27/2013 9:23 am

>how deep was your scarring on your forhead and cheeks. where they boxcar or rolling scars?if i lived in new jersey i would definitley see dr.rapport too bad i live north of the bo

arder!

interesting. im shocked restore worked on ice picks as many people have reported it does nothing for ice picks. i myself am doing a series of treatments called enerjet. its basically subcision plus filler in one. decent improvement after one treatment so far , still have the rest to go, im happy you achieved good enough improvement with restore. good luck

Thanks no_hope..I had treated my scars for years with needling/rolling/tca/led therapy. So I had improved them a significant amount before getting fraxel. I think fraxel is a piece of the puzzle but may not be the best option for certain individuals as a stand alone. I can't see how anybody could get absolutely nothing from fraxel regardless though. Number of treatments, skill of Dr. performing are factors. So I'm not sure what happened with those who saw no results? this is not a subtle treatment. But if your ice pick scarring is severe I would look at something like subcision/tca/needling first to improve the scars as much as possible and then finish up with fraxel. That is what I have done. Glad to see you are getting stuff done. Keep going and I'm sure you'll end up feeling a lot better about things as you continue to improve.

MemberMember
(@oopli)

Posted : 09/27/2013 11:47 am

An update..it has been 6mo post fraxel treatments that I got done on my forehead and right cheek and the results were very good and it has had a very big impact on my self confidence. I have continued to see improvements right up until the present and this past month, the areas treated went from good to even better.

how long was the downtime with the fraxel?..did you know what setting he used?

MemberMember
(@munsoned)

Posted : 09/27/2013 12:04 pm

how long was the downtime with the fraxel?..did you know what setting he used?

oopli, I am not sure on the setting. When I go back in late Oct I'll see if I can find out and I'll post it. If down time you mean the initial redness/crusting/flaking/swelling, for me about 7-14 days. But redness persists for quite some time though it is not to bad. If you got your whole face done it would be even less noticeable. I however got only parts of my face done so you could see a clear difference between the treated and untreated skin.

MemberMember
(@blahblahblahblahz)

Posted : 10/08/2013 8:57 pm

Did you experience any hyperpigmentation? 7-14 of crusting / flaking / swelling suggests indeed that Rappaport went quite aggressively. I've never heard of such long downtime with a Restore treatment. Maybe that's what's really needed for Restore to effect a change. That's interesting that you saw improvement immediately that did not dissipate, or was related to microswelling.

I have to admit, I haven't cared to research much about Restore due to the bad reviews, but I may look into it more.