Notifications
Clear all

So Depressed, My Acne Never Goes Away.. Why?

MemberMember
(@mic12)

Posted : 02/18/2013 12:39 pm

So.. I have somehow managed to clear my forehead, but I still got acne on my jaw, both sides of my neck and between my eyes and hairline..

I currently take those vitamins:

30,000 iu vitamin d

25,000 beta carotene

400 iu vitamin e

50 mg sink

All this is daily..

The vitamin d seems to help a lot, but no enough to make me clear, and for some reason I have 2x more acne on the right side of my jaw and neck, wtf?

I am tired if avoiding every single mirror I see, and whenever I do, I make sure the light is as low as it can be, so I don't need to see those red things on my face..

I look like I have a disease, they never go away, had them since middle school, now I'm 17, high school. And I seem to be the only one having it among my friends..

I just want to die, whenever I wake up, the first thing I think about is "do I have more acne?", I run to the mirror and check, and ofc I have 1 or 2 more.. I think about acne 24/7, no lie. I look in reflections whenever I go out, too see if its visible and all that shit..

I am suppose to talk to girls, have fun, living the high school life, but I can't, as I use it on checking mirrors and acne.org, I can't go for 1 hour without thinking about acne and checking myself

I use Bioelememts acne treatment, it works so much better than other stuff I've tried, but not enough to clear me up, also, my neck and right jaw acne NEVER heals, never.. had it for months now.. no whiteheads tho, sometimes they pop up, but mostly its just red small bumps, actually their medium sized..

I am like a camel, drink tons if water, not much pop, just from time to time. Junk food from time to time. I just can't take it anymore.. for real..

Help:(

MemberMember
(@auguriesofinnocence)

Posted : 02/18/2013 12:53 pm

Keep taking the vitamins and drinking water, and may I suggest:

at least 1000mg of vitamin C per day.

get an anti-DHT formula with saw palmetto and pygeum and nettle.

try taking spearmint capsules or drinking two cups of spearmint tea

cut down on dairy, sugar and especially anything with gluten. Eat more fiber, walnuts salmon and bright veggies.

Use a gentle cleanser, and try a low dose benzoyl peroxide dont overdo it. If that doesnt work try a tea tree soap.

Since your acne is more on one side, wahs your pillowcases at least once a week, try sleeping on your back. Dont touch your face much.You can use sulpher masques on stubborn acne but they can be drying.

I hope this helps, I had acne for 18 years and only now at age 30 is it almost completely gone, most acne is caused my hormones so taking things which suppress those hormones like Ive mentioned will help. Some people find turmeric (capsule form or applied to the face)helps but I dont like it.

Meanwhile, dont give up, you are still a good person and acne isnt your fault.Good luck!

MemberMember
(@binga)

Posted : 02/18/2013 1:43 pm

Go to a derm and get some prescribed topicals. If not use a b5 serum together with niacinamide/b3 to shrink the pores.

MemberMember
(@rorius)

Posted : 02/18/2013 2:27 pm

That's a hell-ov-a-lot of Vitamin D!

MemberMember
(@sakura87)

Posted : 02/27/2013 2:27 pm

I know what you are going through. I have had acne since I was 16. I am now 25 and my acne has finally started to clear up. I only break out once in a while but that is because I have learned what works for my skin and what doesnt.

I have seen many dermatologists in my life and they were all very impatient and rushed me! I was so fed up of it so I decided to do my own thing and go all natural using natural products on my skin.

I went to a spa monthly and they used only organic products on my skin and it cleared up my acne and scars. The products were Dr. Hauschka but they were very expensive. After they were finised I could not afford them anymore.

The products I am using right now are CeraVe Moisturizing Lotion and CeraVe Foaming facial cleanser. I use Witch Hazel as a toner when my skin breaks out badly. You should only use it as a spot treatment because it will dry out your skin.

I use Queen Helen Mint Mask 2 times a week and it dries up the acne and help clears up the scars quicker. It is only $3 in stores. I have recently been studing skin and I found this great spice that helps clear up acne and scars really quickly. The spice is called Tumeric. It can be purchased in indian stores or local asian stores. Basically you have to take a teaspooon of it and mix it in a bowl with some honey and milk (or yoghurt) and then mix it into a paste. Wash your face and dry it then apply the tumeric mask on your face. Leave it on for 20 minutes and then wash it off.

In 3 days my scars have improved tremendously. The only problem is that the mask got rid of my beauty marks whistling.gif(

It works really well.. you can use it 3 times a week.

Hang in there!

MemberMember
(@onefatalgoose)

Posted : 03/02/2013 9:15 pm

So...you are 17. Do you eat school lunches? I'd love to know what you believe to be a healthy diet, and i'm asking this genuinely, as i was completely oblivious to how much crap i was consuming, and how it was affecting my body/skin. And saying you don't drink much pop is good, but it's not enough. You have to do more internally. And less externally

MemberMember
(@bluemagic)

Posted : 03/03/2013 3:30 pm

Be cautious about having that much vitamin D. Its a fat soluble vitamin which, unlike a water soluble one (e.g. vitamin C), doesn't come out in urine when you take too much but gets stored up in your blood. I know 50,000 IU can cause serious damage and the RDA is 600.

The RDAs are normally way over cautious but still just be wary about taking that much.

Maybe try and throw some vitamin A in there as well if you can

MemberMember
(@browneyedgirl5)

Posted : 03/04/2013 7:51 pm

Hey look into the posts on fish oil/omega 3s and zinc. I think that these are helping me a lot. You didn't mention any topicals that you are using? Are you using Dan's regimen at the moment?

MemberMember
(@onefatalgoose)

Posted : 03/05/2013 3:10 am

Hey look into the posts on fish oil/omega 3s and zinc. I think that these are helping me a lot. You didn't mention any topicals that you are using? Are you using Dan's regimen at the moment?

Hi browneyedgirl5,

Fish oils can be great, but it really depends on the quality of oil. Most varieties on the market are likely to be rancid by the time you are consuming them. A refrigerated variety from a whole foods type store is a much safer bet than say 'spring valley' brand or even 'nature made' from wal mart.

Cod liver oil is an even better option, as this contains natural vitamin D and A. Fish oil is simply taken from the skin, so it lacks the nutrients that the liver oil contains. I've heard good things about Carlson Labs brand cod liver oil, but again, a refrigerated option is the variety i'd feel safest consuming. Rancid oils will do more harm than good

Also to mic12,

Those supplements aren't going to help you in the same manner that vitamins derived from whole foods would. Synthetic vitamins are largely useless, and incomplete in form. So you can take 50,000 IUs of synthetic vitamin D, and not get the same benefit you'd get from consuming the vitamin D found in a quality cod liver oil or whole food derived vitamin D supplement.

These are more expensive, and can be found online or at a whole foods type store. Also you should look into making green smoothies. There's a whole thread on this in the nutrition section of this site.

MemberMember
(@mic12)

Posted : 03/05/2013 6:21 pm

Update, i am only washing my face with water in the evening, and that seems to help, stopped using all washers and cleanser, and this may be my solution!

MemberMember
(@a-p)

Posted : 03/07/2013 2:09 pm

Update, i am only washing my face with water in the evening, and that seems to help, stopped using all washers and cleanser, and this may be my solution!

Since you're 17 I would say your acne is hormonal. I think what might of happened was, you had a hormonal breakout and started using all kinds of acne treatments on it. But it just got worse right?

its possible you had acne cosmetica. You probably have sensitive skin and those topicals were just too much for you. Even natural acne treatments can do this especially ones containing essential oils.

If just washing with water works keep on it! If you every get a breakout in the future just use some epsom salt on the lesions and they should heal in a few days.

MemberMember
(@tracy1971)

Posted : 03/12/2013 8:41 am

I just want to die, whenever I wake up, the first thing I think about is "do I have more acne?", I run to the mirror and check, and ofc I have 1 or 2 more.. I think about acne 24/7, no lie. I look in reflections whenever I go out, too see if its visible and all that shit..

This sounds pretty serious.....have you thought about skipping all the stuff you are "trying"(i did this as well) and ask your derm about Accutane? I am on week 9 and clear, no side effects except achy back.

MemberMember
(@jdremington)

Posted : 03/12/2013 10:59 pm

I know you want to clear your acne but 30,000 IU of Vitamin D is way too much! The safest, sustainable, known dose is 10,000 IU per day. I highly recommend you lower your intake to that level.

MemberMember
(@darkheart)

Posted : 03/12/2013 11:27 pm

Since you're 17 I would say your acne is hormonal. I think what might of happened was, you had a hormonal breakout and started using all kinds of acne treatments on it. But it just got worse right?

its possible you had acne cosmetica. You probably have sensitive skin and those topicals were just too much for you. Even natural acne treatments can do this especially ones containing essential oils.

If just washing with water works keep on it! If you every get a breakout in the future just use some epsom salt on the lesions and they should heal in a few days.

Just so you know all acne is hormonal; it is by definition a hormonal disease. Except for acne cosmetica (which isn't acne vulgaris); acne cosmetica is non inflammatory and has no head; looks closer to milia actually. This is caused by wearing too much makeup or using heavy creams.

MemberMember
(@a-p)

Posted : 03/15/2013 1:29 am

Just so you know all acne is hormonal; it is by definition a hormonal disease. Except for acne cosmetica (which isn't acne vulgaris); acne cosmetica is non inflammatory and has no head; looks closer to milia actually. This is caused by wearing too much makeup or using heavy creams.

Yes I'm perfectly aware of that. Our hormones fluctuate and is why us girls breakout around that time of the month. I'm perfectly aware of how acne works. I also know that acne cosmetica isn't true acne but resembles acne comedones and pustules at times. It's caused when the pore is unable to release oil and dead skin cells freely. That means there is a thick film covering the pore or it could be dead skin on top of the pore trapping in oil, dead skin and bacteria. It usually goes away as soon as you stop using what ever it is that's causing it. If your acne is caused by hair products, makeup, Chapstick or any topical you put on your SKIN it's acne cosmetica.

MemberMember
(@darkheart)

Posted : 03/15/2013 7:47 pm

Yes I'm perfectly aware of that. Our hormones fluctuate and is why us girls breakout around that time of the month. I'm perfectly aware of how acne works. I also know that acne cosmetica isn't true acne but resembles acne comedones and pustules at times. It's caused when the pore is unable to release oil and dead skin cells freely. That means there is a thick film covering the pore or it could be dead skin on top of the pore trapping in oil, dead skin and bacteria. It usually goes away as soon as you stop using what ever it is that's causing it. If your acne is caused by hair products, makeup, Chapstick or any topical you put on your SKIN it's acne cosmetica.

Actually we break out close to that time of the month because we are naturally more sensitive to androgens than non-acne sufferers (Androgen sensitive) and before our cycle we tempoarily become androgen dominant which f*cks our skin to high heaven because we suddenly get a double shot of the hormone we're intolerant to.

There's some women that never break out before their cycle because their sebaceous glands are not bothered by androgens like ours are (sigh, luck ducks). There's even women out there who have PCOS and have never experienced acne because despite their "hormonal imbalance" their sebaceous glands aren't bothered or stimulated by androgens so it doesn't affect their skin or give them acne.

I agree about acne cosmetica. Not real acne; just blocked pores.

MemberMember
(@a-p)

Posted : 03/15/2013 9:56 pm

Actually we break out close to that time of the month because we are naturally more sensitive to androgens than non-acne sufferers (Androgen sensitive) and before our cycle we tempoarily become androgen dominant which f*cks our skin to high heaven because we suddenly get a double shot of the hormone we're intolerant to.

There's some women that never break out before their cycle because their sebaceous glands are not bothered by androgens like ours are (sigh, luck ducks). There's even women out there who have PCOS and have never experienced acne because despite their "hormonal imbalance" their sebaceous glands aren't bothered or stimulated by androgens so it doesn't affect their skin or give them acne.

I agree about acne cosmetica. Not real acne; just blocked pores.

Wow you know so much :) now that you mentioned the PCOS without acne, I remember this girl who had PCOS but never had acne. All she had was the other symptoms.

MemberMember
(@claire1205)

Posted : 03/15/2013 10:10 pm

Maybe you should ask your derm about Accutane. It's an oral medication for moderately-severe to severe acne.