Notifications
Clear all

11 Year Old Pimple From Potato Chips

MemberMember
(@jakeshake)

Posted : 02/17/2013 7:57 pm

What steps should a parent take for a child who is going to be reaching puberty in a few years. My child ate a whole lot of potatoe chips and got a large pimple. I said that's it! You have to be careful from now on. But I don't want her/him to get paranoid either.

MemberMember
(@alternativista)

Posted : 02/18/2013 10:20 am

Give them real food and have them sleep right and be physically active. Can they walk or bike to school? I just saw a study that found that kids did better in school when they walked or biked.

MemberMember
(@ind1g0)

Posted : 02/18/2013 11:33 am

Probably the hydrogenated vegetable oils and high glycemic index of potatoes. What you can do as a parent, is make sure potato chips don't come in the house. Hand make some sweet potato homemade chips. And control what goes on the table as best as possible making sure to be healthy and balanced. This will allow for healthy hormonal changes in your child's growing body and thus a "lessened" chance of acne.

MemberMember
(@alternativista)

Posted : 02/18/2013 6:14 pm

Some researchers that study 'primitive' societies, i.e. people living more natural lifestyles, believe that we are not supposed to go through such sudden and dramatic changes during puberty. It should be a gradual and untraumatic process.

MemberMember
(@chunkylard)

Posted : 02/18/2013 9:44 pm

First of all, don't react so severely to just 1 pimple. You could potentially be causing your child self-esteem issues.

Although I do think it's best to remove junk food from your child's diet, you don't want to do it in a manner that will cause them to rebel. I wish you luck. It's good that you're nipping this in the bud early.

MemberMember
(@quetzl1)

Posted : 02/18/2013 10:26 pm

Don't have them wash with cleansers or use topicals unless they are absolutely needed! I would suggest dietary modifications first, especially getting rid of milk and cutting down on other junk food

MemberMember
(@sum1killme)

Posted : 02/19/2013 1:10 am

When I first read it I thought you literally had a pimple that was 11 years old, nah but for real good for you that you care about your son/daughter. I really have no advice I'm clueless, 11 year old with acne that makes me sad.

MemberMember
(@kasyani)

Posted : 02/19/2013 3:34 am

What steps should a parent take for a child who is going to be reaching puberty in a few years. My child ate a whole lot of potatoe chips and got a large pimple. I said that's it! You have to be careful from now on. But I don't want her/him to get paranoid either.

why do you think chips are neccesarily bad or caused your son's large pimple,think about it,if he ate sprouts with his meals instead of crisps,then would he be spot free,

I discovered some 30 years ago my intolerance/allergy after suffering week in week out with a large pimple