Notifications
Clear all

I Don't Feel Like A Woman Anymore.

MemberMember
(@heyanon_girlx)

Posted : 02/17/2013 2:32 am

Does anyone else feel this way?

I used to just have face and back acne, and that was bad enough, but now it has spread to my chest and my neck.

I feel like a monster. I don't feel feminine anymore, pretty, or sexy. I don't even feel like a woman.

MemberMember
(@whoartthou1)

Posted : 02/17/2013 3:12 am

i dont feel like a man with my body acne either.

MemberMember
(@alexanderj86)

Posted : 02/22/2013 7:12 am

Does anyone else feel this way?

I used to just have face and back acne, and that was bad enough, but now it has spread to my chest and my neck.

I feel like a monster. I don't feel feminine anymore, pretty, or sexy. I don't even feel like a woman.

What are you going to do about it?

MemberMember
(@fotoguy)

Posted : 02/22/2013 12:16 pm

I've had the same feelings and decided enough's enough. I'm on day 25 of accutane and my skin is clearing up nicely. I used to avoid the world, now I'm not embarrassed or ashamed to get out and live a little. BTW - my back is covered in scars and I never take my shirt off in public.

MemberMember
(@ivyhawk)

Posted : 02/22/2013 7:43 pm

A wise man once told me:

Your acne doesn't define you.

Ik, that lacks the resonating effect of traveling up to the top of a mountain in the snowy Himalayas and having a hermit bestow wisdom on you, but still.

MemberMember
(@fotoguy)

Posted : 02/23/2013 12:37 am

IvyHawk, not only was the man wise, but kind, as well. Nevertheless, acne has played a role in pushing me to withdraw. I'm now 43 and have dealt with it since I was 13. My back was covered my sophmore year of high school and sharing my secret with the world was out of the question. The scars left are gnarly and quite obvious. Has acne defined me? Not entirely. Has it caused me to feel ashamed? For sure. Alas and through it all, I've somehow managed to have a somewhat happy life.