Best Way To Use Aha...

Notifications
Clear all

Best Way To Use Aha+?

MemberMember
(@aubreyj1722)

Posted : 02/16/2013 5:11 pm

I just ordered Dan's Aha+. What do y'all think is the best way to use it? I'm looking to help fade my red marks and even out skin tone. Thanks!

MemberMember
(@kyle_)

Posted : 02/16/2013 7:19 pm

First off I would try mixing it half and half with dans moisturiser to try it out.

Aha at first can sting a lot, but stick in as the initial stinging should go.

once your okay with it, try using plain aha on top of your BP

there isnt much need to mix it with jojoba oil but you can if you want too

MemberMember
(@aubreyj1722)

Posted : 02/16/2013 8:17 pm

First off I would try mixing it half and half with dans moisturiser to try it out.

Is there a specific amount I need to use? In terms of how many drops...

Okay. Is there a specific amount I need to use, or is it exactly half and half? Sorry for the detailed question lol

MemberMember
(@kyle_)

Posted : 02/16/2013 8:33 pm

When it comes to a amounts, use 2 pumps of the moisturiser, then roughly the same amount, if not a little bit less, of AHA, try using only a couple squirts of aha, then move up to half if you want.

As for jojoba oil, you can add 2-6 drops into the mix I just said ^, I usually use about 4-5 :)

MemberMember
(@ripon10)

Posted : 02/17/2013 12:20 am

I would advise using a half pump of moisturizer, if any at all, with your AHA. If you use two pumps of moisturizer, the AHA is not doing anything. Most people do not need to cut it with moisturizer. Use a dime size amount and work it into your face after your BP dries, if you're using BP.

MemberMember
(@ayeaye)

Posted : 02/20/2013 2:39 am

^ its true, everything is individual to the person and it takes a bit of trial and error to see what works for you.

I wear my AHA straight, without moisturiser (most days) but when I first used it I had to cut it with moisturiser because it was just far too strong and my skin wasnt used to it. Took a good couple of months for my skin to adjust to the AHA.