Notifications
Clear all

Hey There!

MemberMember
(@pantoufle1983)

Posted : 02/16/2013 7:27 am

Hey there,

I'm Simona and I'm from Italy. Actually, when I was 15/20/25 years old I never suffered of acne...But now that I'm about 30 I have a face like a teenager! Lately I had some hormonal problems (now almost solved) but I still have acne.I just hate the way acne made me feel about myself. shake.gif I hope to find some help here, I've read some posts already, you are all beautiful people! wub.png

Have a nice day to everyone!

MemberMember
(@everythingthatshimmers)

Posted : 02/16/2013 12:42 pm

Hi Simona! Just wanted to let you know you are not alone. I am in a similar situation, I am the same age as you and am also struggling with acne. While I think it is tough at any age, being an adult with acne has some unique challenges and can certainly effect how you feel about yourself. Best of luck to you!

MemberMember
(@zabka)

Posted : 02/16/2013 1:42 pm

hi Simona,

I have the same problem, hope resolved in this moment. When I was 15 or 20, I had beautiful, enviable skin. Then in 28 I started to have some acne, in 30 cysts, first scars, panic... I made some mistakes, for example I applied 4 times Duac gel (5%benzoyl peroxide) proscribed by dermatologist, it fatally burned my skin, I utilised Bioderma products (Sebium) - I think it wasnt good, because my cysts started in this periode of Bioderma treatment.

Now I refuse prescriptions and I try to understand my body and my skin. I reduced coffee (but not absolutely, I drink 1coffe per day), everyday I take vitamin called Niacin 500mg, Zinc, vit C, I drink tea from fresh ginger.. As moisturizer I apply morning and evening ponds cold cream. I dont wear make-up (there are also dangerous ingredients) just corector for red marks and powder, I dont use birth control pills.

I dont know what from this things helped me (I think was Niacin), but now, I havent problem with acne. I have only one tiny pimple here and there, but it is normal for everyone.

I hope something help you