Notifications
Clear all

Dermarolling Help

MemberMember
(@bangagong)

Posted : 02/15/2013 10:59 pm

Hey so I've done a lot of searching on the forums here and elsewhere trying to get some help. I have a 1.5 mm roller. How often should I be using it? I've seen everything from a couple of times a week to once every 3-5 weeks. Also I have a been using a cleanser before and a moisturizer with vitamins A,C, and E after. Should I add anything else to my regimin. Thanks.

MemberMember
(@austra)

Posted : 02/16/2013 8:24 am

Based on my dermarolling research, don't use it more than once a month. I would use it at 6-8 weeks intervals, even. It takes time for collagen to build and you have to allow that time for skin to recover, otherwise you could be causing more damage. Some people do dermaroll once a week because the initial microswelling lasts for about a week and makes the scarring look much better, but this really could just worsen the skin in the long term and is not advisable.

MemberMember
(@rob_x_22)

Posted : 02/16/2013 10:44 am

yeah ...atleast take 4 weeks off after the first use ...every 3 to 4 weeks is good ...from my experience you notice best results the first few times you use it ...i like the dermastamp as well

MemberMember
(@mr-matt)

Posted : 02/17/2013 10:37 am

Based on my dermarolling research, don't use it more than once a month. I would use it at 6-8 weeks intervals, even. It takes time for collagen to build and you have to allow that time for skin to recover, otherwise you could be causing more damage. Some people do dermaroll once a week because the initial microswelling lasts for about a week and makes the scarring look much better, but this really could just worsen the skin in the long term and is not advisable.

I've read that it takes six weeks, at a minimum, for collagen to develop. I don't think that it is advisable to do it every week.

Sometimes, too much of a good thing is not good if you know what I mean.

MemberMember
(@451)

Posted : 02/17/2013 12:11 pm

Bangagong, here is a website that has a wealth of information on dermarolling: http://forums.owndoc.com/dermarolling-microneedling/ (just in case you haven't already read it). Good luck

MemberMember
(@munsoned)

Posted : 02/18/2013 4:31 pm

Hey so I've done a lot of searching on the forums here and elsewhere trying to get some help. I have a 1.5 mm roller. How often should I be using it? I've seen everything from a couple of times a week to once every 3-5 weeks. Also I have a been using a cleanser before and a moisturizer with vitamins A,C, and E after. Should I add anything else to my regimin. Thanks.

I find for myself the best results are achieved by giving myself longer down times bewteen rolling/needling sessions. 2-3 months. I have rolled more frequently but even as much as 3 months post rolling/needling I can still see my scars improving so I like to leave well enough alone until I am positive progress has stopped. I