Notifications
Clear all

What ***lighting*** Is The Worst?

MemberMember
(@carmusen)

Posted : 02/15/2013 4:47 pm

I brought my mirror and went to class that has fluorescent lights this morning and holy hell, my face was like a fucking Swiss cheese. I thought I look good whenever I leave the house. sad.png

Then just now, I took the mirror outside my house and my face didn't seem too bad.

According to YOU, how do you assess the lighting of the following in terms of how bad your acne looks?

-bar/club

-movie theater

-outside in the snow

-outside in the sun

-classroom

-inside of a car

Any particular area that stands out as the best or the worst?

MemberMember
(@binga)

Posted : 02/15/2013 4:48 pm

bathroom mirror worst

MemberMember
(@melmel87)

Posted : 02/15/2013 5:05 pm

fluorescent is by far the worst! So almost all public places lol.

MemberMember
(@ryu87)

Posted : 02/15/2013 6:40 pm

You are right! Terrible!!

MemberMember
(@lilly75)

Posted : 02/15/2013 7:25 pm

That's why I don't check my face when I'm out places - except for in public bathrooms if I don't avoid the mirror there. If I feel like my skin looks ok when I leave my house in the morning (after looking in my bathroom mirror) then I feel a little more confident for going about my day than if my skin had looked horrible when I left. If I were to check my skin in different lighting throughout the day that would just depress the hell out of me. I spend a lot of time either in full sun light walking to class and then fluorescent in class rooms / labs and I know that lighting is horrible - so I try to ignore it and how my skin must look and try to just remember it didn't look so bad when I left and pretend that's how it looks in that current lighting.

I guess it's a bit of an 'out of sight, out of mind' sort of thing.

I'd say the best lighting is 'dull' lighting though - like on an overcast day. Or in a dark room with no lights at all haha

MemberMember
(@crimeinpartner)

Posted : 02/15/2013 8:46 pm

I look horrible in all lighting

MemberMember
(@fatalbert911)

Posted : 02/15/2013 9:38 pm

This

MemberMember
(@melmel87)

Posted : 02/15/2013 9:41 pm

That's why I don't check my face when I'm out places - except for in public bathrooms if I don't avoid the mirror there. If I feel like my skin looks ok when I leave my house in the morning (after looking in my bathroom mirror) then I feel a little more confident for going about my day than if my skin had looked horrible when I left. If I were to check my skin in different lighting throughout the day that would just depress the hell out of me. I spend a lot of time either in full sun light walking to class and then fluorescent in class rooms / labs and I know that lighting is horrible - so I try to ignore it and how my skin must look and try to just remember it didn't look so bad when I left and pretend that's how it looks in that current lighting.

I guess it's a bit of an 'out of sight, out of mind' sort of thing.

I'd say the best lighting is 'dull' lighting though - like on an overcast day. Or in a dark room with no lights at all haha

I do the same thing, if I feel confident when I leave in the morning I'll do better if I don't check my skin throughout the day or it'll make me feel self-concious.

MemberMember
(@sum1killme)

Posted : 02/16/2013 1:49 am

Imagine a world that is pitch black everywhere, no lighting at all, that's my heaven.

MemberMember
(@joebloggs)

Posted : 02/16/2013 9:05 am

Probably anywhere with low hanging overhead lighting, if its fluourescent then its even worse.

MemberMember
(@quietjamie14)

Posted : 02/17/2013 8:46 am

Sunlight is definitely the worst for me - I'm developing a bit of a phobia about it, which makes it difficult when summer comes and everyone else is so happy!

MemberMember
(@xpaperbackwriterx)

Posted : 02/22/2013 9:35 pm

Sun and florescent. I kind of avoid activities in the sun because of this.

(@Anonymous)

Posted : 02/28/2013 2:56 am

Before I got my license, I would sit in the car in the summer and cover my face anywhere I went. I literally felt like it was burning my face. I got my license now and I paid to get my windows tinted because of that. Acne makes summer suck ;(

MemberMember
(@scarred23)

Posted : 03/13/2013 8:10 pm

I only like to go out of the house at night my scars and not that noticeable. Also don't like when the sun is shinning bright. Love when its a drowsy day can't see my scars that much. This was a great post I always worry about the lighting.

MemberMember
(@nakedsmurf)

Posted : 03/13/2013 10:26 pm

Car mirrors and windows are worst especially if tinted.

MemberMember
(@scarred23)

Posted : 03/14/2013 12:12 pm

OMG your right car mirrors are one of the worst. I just want to cry when i look in my sun visor mirror. Looks like my face was hit with a million bb bullets and rocks and pebbles :(

(@LewisS)

Posted : 03/16/2013 7:19 am

Outside in the sun or any fluorescent lighting. I see scars that I didn't even know existed and just look plain nasty.

I'm so jealous of those with perfect tanned skin and just glow in the sun.

MemberMember
(@blottedscience)

Posted : 03/16/2013 3:54 pm

Oh boy, I always try to avoid any mirrors or lighting! Always try to hide in shadows. And when I accidentaly look on a mirror I usually don't feel good for the rest of the day. Like... I didn't know I look that bad!

MemberMember
(@thegoodson)

Posted : 03/20/2013 9:04 pm

AGREED!!! car mirror is the WORST!! other than that being in any kind of bright light in general pretty much sucks for me. I like low club lighting or a dark restaurant or inside the house i'm ok. Anywhere else I look terrible. I can't get over how life has come to this.

MemberMember
(@moid)

Posted : 03/21/2013 9:48 am

Lighting is something I worry about a lot because of my skin. I hate white lighting like the fluorescent ones in most shops and when it's a cloudy day. I probably look just as bad when it's not cloudy but when it's sunny I feel better in general. I prefer dim, warm lighting like the lights/ lamps you'd have in your house but with no natural light from outside, so at night time.

It really is a shame that so many of us have to feel so awful about ourselves simply because of the quality of the light.

MemberMember
(@accutastic)

Posted : 03/21/2013 7:57 pm

Inside of a car is the worst for me. Makes me want to tear out my rear view mirror sometimes.

MemberMember
(@adayinthelife)

Posted : 05/21/2013 3:32 am

if you have clear skin do you still look horrible in fluorescent light?

(@Anonymous)

Posted : 05/21/2013 7:11 am

the worst ever is when you are at a restaurant and the light is hanging right above your table showing every pore/bump on your face ugh so terrible

MemberMember
(@stella-the-diver)

Posted : 05/21/2013 12:11 pm

if you have clear skin do you still look horrible in fluorescent light?

yes, i think it's unflattering for everyone!

MemberMember
(@frankl)

Posted : 05/21/2013 1:05 pm

Dim room with light coming in through a window or open door. Or in my car.