Poll: What Natural ...

Notifications
Clear all

Poll: What Natural Methods Get Results?

MemberMember
(@serapeters)

Posted : 02/15/2013 12:55 am

I'm super curious what sort of natural methods have worked for people so far. If you don't find the poll to include a method you've tried, please comment below and let us know what it is! I am really curious, and would love to know.

Please include anything at all besides drugs / creams / chemicals / pharmaceuticals / birth control etc. I am looking for life-style changes or natural techniques to implement.

Thanks!

MemberMember
(@bmariewantsnoacne)

Posted : 02/15/2013 9:37 am

Could you add something like the oil cleansing method, or were you wanting something without any cleansers?

MemberMember
(@serapeters)

Posted : 02/15/2013 11:33 pm

I am hoping for a lifestyle change because I believe skin reacts to overall health. I'm getting no results with creams and cleansers, so I'm thinking about going with lifestyle changes instead. However, I haven't heard about the oil cleansing method. What's that about?

MemberMember
(@bmariewantsnoacne)

Posted : 02/16/2013 12:47 am

The idea behind it is oil dissolves oil. By cleansing your face with oils it helps prevent your body from making more oil. I tried it for a while. It made my skin super soft, although it didn't really help the kind of acne I have. You can read more about it here. http://www.theoilcleansingmethod.com/

MemberMember
(@ind1g0)

Posted : 02/16/2013 10:00 am

A combo of less daily stress, good sleep, light exercise, paleo diet (strict, probably most responsible for clear skin due to no sugar, dairy, or gluten), even when I eat paleo food I eat low glycemic...I am avoiding fructose too (because I personally have a sensitivity but its rare), daily vitex pill to balance hormones, daily "zinc for acne" complex pill, daily gel fish oil, increasing healthy fats in my diet like grass fed butter and coconut oil, a moisturizer (grapeseed oil) with linoleic acid content, vitamin d3 pill (essential), anti inflammatory smoothies. I use a tiny, tiny bit of bp on each cheek (like a dot, because they are my buggest problem areas, and i only hse it at night). I know it's a lot and I know it gets expensive especially when you're eating organic...but over time, this completely cleared me and cured some of my other horrible hormonal issues.